Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 PM

I am offended by this thread subject line

"Cops kill a legally armed citizen"

This title suggests that COPS are looking to kill innocent as babies armed citizens for no reason.

This is BULL!!!

Andrew Uy
Akron, OH
330-256-3201

Last edited by dsk; 06-05-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM

America , freedom of speech. I'm guessing you are a LEO. ( don't get the killing babies part?)

Last edited by nomad48; 06-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlate111 View Post
This title suggests that COPS are looking to kill innocent as babies armed citizens for no reason.
Ummm... No. It really doesn't imply any such thing.

Regardless, since these are your feelings, you should probably address this with one of the Staff.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Administrator

If you come across something you deem offensive please PM the forum staff and we will take a look at it. We don't like to see anyone offended by content, especially LEO's who work their butts off to keep scum off the street. However in this case I don't think it was intentional, especially given that other members have clearly pointed out that the original story has a biased slant to it.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:37 PM

No I am not a policeman, I just watch them deal with the most ridiculous public perception every day.
I don't have a policeman's patience.

PS: I have received two PMs from members assuring me that my complaint to mods will be ignored. That's why I posted this message in Questions and Suggestions...hoping that the forum admin and everyone else will notice.

Last edited by betterlate111; 06-05-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Administrator

What, do you mean to say they're not all handsome hunks and gorgeous gals talking tough and hurling sarcastic one-liners at every snarling bad guy they meet, while huge explosions go off in the background?

Unfortunately, lack of respect for all forms of authority is part of a free society. In the country my wife is from talk like that can actually get you thrown in jail. But at the same time the hate talk I often hear, not just about cops but also city council members, government officials, and heck even the President of the United States gets to be pretty embarrassing at times.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Like I said, I don't have their patience.
Thanks for acknowledging, though.
You can lock me out now.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Unfortunately, lack of respect for all forms of authority is part of a free society.
We are also free to respect each other.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad48 View Post
America , freedom of speech. I'm guessing you are a LEO. ( don't get the killing babies part?)
Reread what he wrote. He doesn't say anything about "killing babies". I also agree with him about the title.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM

I think a lot of people - including myself - get offended by threads and the content of a thread. I recently learned to do the same here as I do with the news... turn the channel.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilinShooter View Post
I think a lot of people - including myself - get offended by threads and the content of a thread. I recently learned to do the same here as I do with the news... turn the channel.
Bingo! Don't like it? Don't read it.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 AM

The Staff try to make every effort to balance free expression of ideas with the rules that the forum owners want enforced. And not a day goes by when we can actually make 100% of the members happy, 100% of the time. When someone can accomplish that, let me know. In reality, it cannot be accomplished. That's life.

The next time that you find yourself offended, use the report post feature instead of posting up a gripe fest thread. Or, as others have said, turn the channel.

Were done here.

Fin