Friend buys STI Spartan this morn.....my STI - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 PM

Friend buys STI Spartan this morn.....my STI

Went to the crowded indoor range this 17-degree morn with a friend. He purchased a new $800 1911 last week, just breaking it in. I had my well-used STI Spartan with ismi springs (14rs, 17ms) and grip tape on the front strap. The new S&A magwell was in the range bag, too lazy to put it on (takes, what, all of 2 minutes?).

Soon questions started flying. How much did I pay for it. What'd I do to it? When will my new 1911 feel like that?

Tried telling the buddy his needed time to break in and a new set of springs would do wonders. Again the "how much" and "was it difficult to do." Having known this guy for years it was pretty obvious where this was headed.

This much in springs. This much for the gun. And mags. Etc. He purchased my used STI Spartan after our shooting session was done! Didn't make nor lose a buck on the gun other than personal time working on it. I had no emotional connection to this pure game gun. Guess my friend wants to start his 1911 collection like right NOW!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Buy an edge that will make him really jealous..
Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM

I am pretty much dedicated to buying SSTK and CDP legal game guns. Lemme go see what the Edge is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbuilder View Post
Buy an edge that will make him really jealous..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM

you are going trough 1911's like i go through underware

the Edge will be the same problem like your TRP full rail, as well as knocking you out of SS.
you would need to get the STI Eagle with bushing barrel instead if you plan to use it in IDPA
Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM

It all started with that very first pull of a friend's TGO1 trigger. At least I now know about bull barrels and division rules, ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you are going trough 1911's like i go through underware

the Edge will be the same problem like your TRP full rail, as well as knocking you out of SS.
you would need to get the STI Eagle with bushing barrel instead if you plan to use it in IDPA
Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM

yeah, i remember that on XDT when you shot his TGO-1.
just break down and buy one, if you do, i doubt you will sell it

i think Jetguns.com might still have one in stock. the one i say there was built in June 2010. That's where i bought mine from them when they were still Bud's (Paris, KY)
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 PM

That TGO1 owner just emailed about my recent 1911 purchases. He is very anti-Dan Wesson and thinks even the 2010 Valor is like the "junk" he had about 5 or 6 years ago. His email ended with "none of those guns match my TGO1."

Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
yeah, i remember that on XDT when you shot his TGO-1.
just break down and buy one, if you do, i doubt you will sell it

i think Jetguns.com might still have one in stock. the one i say there was built in June 2010. That's where i bought mine from them when they were still Bud's (Paris, KY)