The 45 Spartan garner the same praise as the 9mm? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 AM

The 45 Spartan garner the same praise as the 9mm?

Lots of great feedback regarding the 9mm Spartan and how much you get for the money. Seems it can be turned into a formidable gaming pistol with very little money and aftermarket mods.

Can the same be said for the 45acp version? Or are there better low-cost options for a 45 idpa/uspsa gun?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink View Post
Lots of great feedback regarding the 9mm Spartan and how much you get for the money. Seems it can be turned into a formidable gaming pistol with very little money and aftermarket mods.

Can the same be said for the 45acp version? Or are there better low-cost options for a 45 idpa/uspsa gun?
I hope so! I just bought one from Dawson's and will get it before X-mas. It's a "super-tuned" Spartan in .45acp. Package is a great deal. Tuned trigger, reliability, f.o. frontsight, big, honking magwell, short curved STI trigger, and hard chromed, too!

I must admit, I'm excited about getting it, I hope it's as good as it looks. As far as better low-cost options, the Spartan seems to me a great deal "super tuned" or not. (Taurus has a 1911 with all the bells & whistles on it that is very inexpensive and I've heard a lot of good things about it.)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 PM

Yes in uspsa it is a great buy and shooter!!to bad i keep sceewing up the classifiers!
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Taurus has had alot of problems with their 1911s. I would take a spartan any day over a taurus.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Mine has been about 99% perfect. I've shot three different types of RN thru it without a single hiccup. I have yet to try any HP ammo.

Only thing I had to do was replace the fiber optic in the front sight.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM

Hello: I love mine. I bought it when they first came out and it now has over 5000 rounds through it. No problems at all. I am using Wilson 47D mags. I think I may get it hard chromed next year. Great pistol for the money. Thanks, Eric
Old 12-14-2010, 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=uscbigdawg;

While I'm a hardcore USA only guy, I do understand folks have to make the choice and the Spartan is a solid compromise to the Trojan.

Rich[/QUOTE]

The firing components (as I understand it), are made by STI here in the US., sent to the Philippines, assembled there, sent back to STI here where they are checked for proper fitting & function.

So some of the Spartan pistol is made here, by US. workers.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM

I don't do the game stuff with mine, but I do shoot self defense combat matches once month with it. It has been great. I have shot factory 230 grain ball, 230 grain hollow points, 185 grain hollow points, 230 grain lead handloads, and 200 grain SWC handloads. No problems. I have 2 Novak mags, 3 Wilson 47D's, and a CMC 10 round power mag. No problems.

And it's my every day carry pistol.

bluestringer