M-Tac endorsement... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 08:15 PM

M-Tac endorsement...

I Just wanted to let other people know that the M-tac holsters really work. I have been using mine more and more as I get used to IWB carry.

Just the other day I was outside with the dog on its leash. I let it off the leash for a little bit (first mistake) and it ran off making me chase it. I was wearing brand new combat type boots so I can tell you I had good tread but the frozen ground didnt help me any while I was running and turning after the dog (second mistake). Anyway.. I ended up busting my a$$, falling on my side, completely laid out. I got up and found the dog sitting right in front of me looking at me like i was kind of silly. After hooking up the leash once again I then realized the full size 1911 I was carrying had not even budged after I landed on it. It was tucked under my shirt and didnt even get messy, although I did. I was Impressed with the M-tac retention, also the safety didnt disengage nor did it even really let the gun gouge into my side. I was thankfull of the wide leather backing that dispersed the pressure against my hip.

So.. sorry for the longwinded post but I guess this is just a thumbs up for the M-tac from Comp-Tac!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned

Very nice to hear. A good friend is trying to get me to go with an M-Tac for my IWB (I just picked up a SideArmor for OWB) and this helps in that decision making. Thanks for the review.

Billy Ng
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 AM

I also have a MTAC from Comp-tac that I have used for my Kimber and they are very nice comfortable holsters, but I will admit that I recently purchased a Milt Sparks #1 Heritage (off a member here) and that has now become my primary holster, but I'm not selling my MTAC either .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 AM

I am also a user of the MTAC...

two thumbs up!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM

I also have to give two big thumbs up to the MTAC that I use it for my M&P45. I can't believe how comfortable it is and you forget it is even there. I also like the way you can adjust the cant on it. The really nice thing is you don't have to wait six months for it and they send you Smarties . Top notch design and a top notch company to deal with. What's not to love?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 AM

I have to agree with everyone else. I use a Para Carry in an MTAC and love it. It is extremely comfortable and I like the ability to change the Kydex shell only to be able to use it with different guns.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 PM

m-tac

i also have a m-tac for my glock and may get one for my commander.
one thing i did do to the m-tac was to ruff up the slick leather backing a bit. it helps the holster to be more stable and i don't have to keep my belt so tight. kinda like my milt sparks ss made with the ruff side out.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:43 AM

Although I have a VM2 for my Commanders, I have to admit that my MTAC may actually be my favorite holster. I use it primarily for my Glock 17 and 19 but I have a 1911 Commander body that I can attach if I wanted.

The VM2 is just so nice I feel like I'm committing a sin by putting the Commanders into the MTAC. If I'm honest with myself, though, the 1911s are more comfortable to carry in the MTAC.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Has anyone noticed more wear on their guns from the Kydex? I use an MTAC for my XD40 and have noticed that the black finish is starting to come off in the places where the Kydex comes in contact with the gun.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Has anyone noticed more wear on their guns from the Kydex? I use an MTAC for my XD40 and have noticed that the black finish is starting to come off in the places where the Kydex comes in contact with the gun.
Yep. Kydex will absolutely wear in its discrete contact points with your weapon more, while leather wears the entire surface of the weapon (at least everywhere there is contact). All holsters have friction points, the differing materials just have different points of contact.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM

I just got my MTAC yesterday. I'm still playing with it and getting it just right, but has anyone had problems with the gun being able to be pushed too far down into the holster and engaging the mag release, or the slide of the gun being pushed up into the channel that's provided for sight clearance? (I'm a lefty and carry a 5" by the way) While playing with it I was able to do both these things, which was a little disconcerting. When the gun is pushed into the sight channel, it binds and can't be drawn. Maybe I don't have it tight enough or I need a decent belt, but as it stands I think I like my cheapo Don Hume IWB better than I do the MTAC. Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00leland00 View Post
I just got my MTAC yesterday. I'm still playing with it and getting it just right, but has anyone had problems with the gun being able to be pushed too far down into the holster and engaging the mag release, or the slide of the gun being pushed up into the channel that's provided for sight clearance? (I'm a lefty and carry a 5" by the way) While playing with it I was able to do both these things, which was a little disconcerting. When the gun is pushed into the sight channel, it binds and can't be drawn. Maybe I don't have it tight enough or I need a decent belt, but as it stands I think I like my cheapo Don Hume IWB better than I do the MTAC. Any ideas?
I don't have those problems with the Glock body on the MTAC, however when I switch out for the 1911 body if I don't have it tight enough it can do exactly what you're describing.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Well, thats what you get for getting a Comp-tac holster. A great working holster. I don't have a MTAC but do have other IWB holsters from them, all of which I like.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 PM

I have one for my SIS Pro. Absolutly the most comfortable holster I own. Mine seats just fine in the holster, no binding or too deep. Last night though I felt something tickling my leg while standing. Turns out it was the fornt belt clip screw falling out to the floor. Found the screw lost the rubber spacer.. So just a hint. Check to see if you have a screw loose before carrying it