My Experence with one of our members - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 AM

My Experence with one of our members

I had an experence with Sarge of the finer grain that I thought I'd share with you. Ever since he posted these grips I have been wanting them something ferce.
When I finally got some extra money and I went to order them they had been taken off his site. I emailed to ask if he made anymore like them if I could get a set. Sarge emailed back and siad that he had found a small inperfection and wanted to see if he could fix them before he sold them. After a bit he told me that he wasn't sure that they could be fixed enough to sell and he was not wanting to sell anything that would not work. He did tell me he had another set that he would send to me if I wanted. The onle difference was that the grips didn't have a cutout for the MSH pin. I asked how to send him the money for shipping and he told me not to worry about that. He also told me that he would send the grips to me, let me shoot them and if the fell apart to just throw them away and if they worked to send him the money. The only bad thing that did happen was when I got the grips, the screwholes didn't quite line up with my S&W1911. I cried because they were even better then I could have hope them to be. So I sent them back to him last week. I'm pleased for a couple a reasons
What a great forum the has such wonderfull members that would send something to someone to try out to see if it would work without money changing hands first. Also it is refreshing to deal with a businessman that is so concerned about the product he is selling that he had to debate with himself if he wanted to sell something that might not work. All I can say is that Sarge is great to work with and I will not have any problem buying from him in the future.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 AM

Sounds like an honest person to deal with.That's something in this day and time.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:14 AM

Thanks Odinkar 105.
When I originally made those grips I put all the different pieces together with epoxy. After a bit I started wondering if the epoxy would be strong enough to put up with the repeated recoil so I put them in a drawer and actually forgot about them. Odinkars grips haven't gotten back to me yet, but I will get the screw hole issue fixed if it can be at all, and get them back to him.
If all people would just treat each other like they want to be treated (gee, where have we heard that before?), the world would be a much better and safer place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 AM

God don't like ugly " what goes around comes around "
Never dealt with Sarge other then just emails with question's but he seem like one heck of an outstanding person
Old 12-15-2008, 03:30 PM

Thumbs up to the both of you.
It is nice to hear about a quality craftsman.
It is also nice to hear about a quality customer.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

I also had a great experience working with Sarge for grips for my Taurus PT1911. We had doubts about Taurus specifications for busing locations and such. What he went out and did was buy a Taurus 1911 so he could make grips just for the Taurus. I was very pleased

Old 12-15-2008, 07:40 PM

Sarge-- you do absolutely beautiful work.. for fathers day this coming year You will be hearing from me... gonna spruce up my RRA Bullseys Wad gun when it gets here..
Old 12-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Ditto, Sarge, beautiful work, particularly the second set.

I take it from the posts that you used an inletted wood for the first pair? Man that must have taken a long time to get all the grooves routered straight, set the inlet piece of wood, and then sanded to perfection. When I saw them, my first thought was that you taped off the lines and hit them with different colors of stain. Thinking about it, that would probably bleed. They look nice, but man you must have spent some time on them. Well done!