1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 AM

Maybe we can help educate the new guys

originally posted on the thread about the guy in Georgia....shot the motorcyclist in the back. I decided here it may get a better reception

There are too many people getting too "gung ho"
In the early days of "Shall Issue" CCW's...we were few, but now we are many...and the number of these screwups is rising fast and making us look bad...we can't police ourselves. But we can try to help educate the new guys about making decisions too quick...we need a better image than that.
One of cool headed, deliberate, well thought out actions....not spontaneous, stupid reaction...this nonsense about being the fastest draw and fastest double taps is decent training in a way...but we need more emphasis on target identification and justifiable cause to use deadly force. I realize that "justifiable cause" is a broad term...as so many states vary, and that its up to the individual to educate themselves on these matters...but target identification is PURE AND SIMPLE TRAINING...I guess what I'm trying to say is that THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE GOING OFF HALF COCKED.

Maybe somebody thats better with words than me could write up a "sticky" and get it posted at the top of the "TACTICS" forum...

I know I'm not a mod or admin here...but I think it would be a good idea...even if only 1 person reads it and learns from it...

This has been on my mind since yesterday...it started on that "What if" thread about the shooting spree.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://1911auto.org

Last edited by ridgerunner665; 03-04-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 AM

I think your perspective is mistaken. People use guns to protect themselves
2,000,000 a year. That is not reported by legacy media. They hype only
the bad, man-bites-dog stories.

I don't believe "the number of these screwups is rising fast."

Joe
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dcoe View Post
I think your perspective is mistaken.
I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dcoe View Post
I don't believe "the number of these screwups is rising fast".
They are. So why not do what we can to "nip it in the bud"???
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Last edited by ridgerunner665; 03-04-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Just for clarification, has it been reported by the police/media in a follow-up statement that the shooter HAD a CCW?

It didn't mention that important detail in the original posting here.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Just for clarification, has it been reported by the police/media in a follow-up statement that the shooter HAD a CCW?

It didn't mention that important detail in the original posting here.
I don't know...maybe he did...maybe he didn't. Truthfully ...thats irrelevant...what if a homeowner comes here searching for info on what is "justifiable"...I know this isn't a legal study site...but what could it hurt to have some useful info easily available...something besides "2 in the chest and 1 in the head, as fast as possible".

This idea isn't exactly about him...but it was him that got me thinking.
And whether anybody wants to admit it or not...as more and more people get their CCW the incidents will rise also...we must push for training...Proper Training covering all aspects of the responsibility of CCW. (that Janich guy comes to mind...forgot his first name)..instead of just passing the exam and getting the permit. We have come a loooong way in the past few years with our 2A Rights...too far to let a few screwups ruin it...and it could possibly happen VERY fast, with the right screwup.

Last edited by ridgerunner665; 03-04-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Suggestion taken under consideration.