Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 PM

TSA and FIST FIRE

Anyone here familiar with this????
Tactical Shooting Association tactical shooting competition to try you and your equipment fro street use.

And the new revolutionous shooting style.

FIST FIRE.

Man I love his ideas, and am getting into the system slowly but surely

Thanks

Thor

P.S. Look into it with an open mind and try it it works
Old 01-25-2007, 06:09 AM

Do a search on www.brianenos.com for Fist Fire. I have a problem with a guy that posts his own quotes on his website.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Adminstrator

Please. Not another "new" wheel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2007, 12:14 AM

Avoid TSA. They took my money for a membership and gave me nothing for it. Repeated emails brought promises to fix the problem but no results. I gave up after over six months of trying. It was only $30, but it is money I could have dropped on ammo instead of a useless membership in a non-functioning organization. Save yourself the trouble. Stick with IPSC and IDPA.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:24 PM

FIST FIRE, sounds like a late nite cinemax movie. Is this another fancy term for 'point shooting', or shooting with only a rudimentary knowledge of your sights position in space. I prefer to let my sights blur and focus on the target and look through the sights, keeping track but not concentrating on them, or when close screw the sights you know where the bullet needs to go. maybe I need a copyright for BLUR FIRE, please mail checks to...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM

and...

go to youtube.com and search for "fist-fire" he got mocked by a USPSA C and IDPA Sharpshooter... kinda funny
Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocchio
FIST FIRE, sounds like a late nite cinemax movie. Is this another fancy term for 'point shooting', or shooting with only a rudimentary knowledge of your sights position in space. I prefer to let my sights blur and focus on the target and look through the sights, keeping track but not concentrating on them, or when close screw the sights you know where the bullet needs to go. maybe I need a copyright for BLUR FIRE, please mail checks to...
Excellent!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 AM

My check's in the mail!
Well, yes, I have a few guns...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago
Avoid TSA. They took my money for a membership and gave me nothing for it. Repeated emails brought promises to fix the problem but no results. I gave up after over six months of trying. It was only $30, but it is money I could have dropped on ammo instead of a useless membership in a non-functioning organization. Save yourself the trouble. Stick with IPSC and IDPA.
Drago,

We sent you a membership packet and a few months later you said you never got it. I personally apologized to you and verified your mailing address. We then sent you out another one. But once again, a few months later you say never got that one either. So, we refunded your money. I really don't know what else to do at this point.

For those of you who are interested, we are holding TSA matches at the Tactical Shooting Academy and other clubs are getting on board around the country. More and more Top Shooters are joining us and supporting the efforts to grow this new shooting sport.

As a matter of fact, we just got this from Dave Sevigny:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/foru...=3817#post3817

Stay safe,

D.R. Middlebrooks - President
Tactical Shooting Association (TSA)
www.TacticalShooting.com
Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneCop
go to youtube.com and search for "fist-fire" he got mocked by a USPSA C and IDPA Sharpshooter... kinda funny
Mocked? I don't think so...

The guy didn't even come close to duplicating what I did on the video clips, let alone what I do on the FIST-FIRE DVD's.

The guy is shooting dirt slow. He's clearly looking (aiming) down the slide. (Sorry, but that's not Point Shooting ).

And where's the speed?

Where's the shooting on the move?

Where's the Double Taps?

Where's the .12 to .14 splits on the racks?

Wheres' the retention shooting?

Check it out:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=Fist-Fire+DVD

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85&q=Fist-Fire

D.R. Middlebrooks
www.TacticalShooting.com

Last edited by D.R.Middlebrook; 02-18-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago

Strange one would think this when my membership and club membership has been extended. Not only this but the folks at TSA are easy to get in touch with.

AFA a non functional membership - what does one want? I got a better moustrap in regards to rules and target to engage. Works for me. Let's say there is never a sanctioned or major match. I don't care. I and my club have took away much more from TSA than TSA will ever get from us.

Ever notice the following from the TSA rule book:
15.1 TSA Membership: You do not have to be a TSA member to compete at local matches.
15.2 TSA Member Discounts: While you do not have to be a TSA member to shoot local TSA matches, non-members will be charged $5 more for entry fees at local matches. This money goes to the Club to help with their TSA affiliation fees.

From my and the club I shoot with experinces to include from TSAs own rulebk it is obvious TSA is not out to "get" anyones money.

sb
Old 02-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Will to get an answer to your questiion "this another fancy term for 'point shooting', or shooting with only a rudimentary knowledge of your sights position in space" why don't you call and discuss this with the folks at TSA or ask on their site?

AFA your blur technique most instructors preach front sight. Therefore should one criticize you and your technique?

sb
Old 02-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay
Excellent!
One could take from these sophomoric responses and draw their own conclusions. I wont (not yet anyway).

Why don't you go over to the TSA site and debate your views?

I don't have the time to mess with Stress-Fire but I do like TSA. Therefore I don't have a dog in is it PS or not. If one wants to address the issue one should address the issue and the best way is to go to the source. Debate it not ridicule it. I would like to see it.

Remember once you go sophomoric you lose credibility.

sb
Old 02-18-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous1
My check's in the mail!

Are you going to be at the BuG match the 24th?

sb
Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneCop
Since I have had time to watch those three vids today it is easy to see that one can hit plates and poppers without sights. The difference is in the speed at which it was done and the difficulty level. Now was technique at fault or the shooter needs more practice? Dunno. Either way it was not as impressive of a demo as what Middlebrooks put out. So the point the shooter was trying make fell way short of the mark "if "he was poking fun at Fist-Fire. Now if he was horsing around and trying to be funny he was doing a good job of it.

sb
Old 02-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

DR is kind of the Lynn Thompson of the training industry. He has some great ideas and gets all loud and in your face with marketing to get his point across.
Not everyone responds to that real well. It doesn't rally bother me as I am kind of a "pudding" kind of guy. I like pudding, and the proof is there, not in the box or the label.

I have been reading his posts for several years and have adopted a few of his techniques over the past year. They actually work. I was always accurate, but his techniques have helped me become a faster shooter.

I was an IDPA Master shooter prior to trying, but I needed a little nudge to get to M in IPSC. I am still working on it, but DR's techniques, specifically his index and weak hand/elbow position are working.

I plan to eventually take a class from DR.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingbuff
Why don't you go over to the TSA site and debate your views?
To use your phrase, "I don't have the time to mess with it." Nor even the inclination.

And oh by the way...YOU might consider doing something else besides joining our Forum to further push TSA.

Last edited by LW McVay; 02-18-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
To use your phrase, "I don't have the time to mess with it." Nor even the inclination.

And oh by the way...YOU might consider doing something else besides joining our Forum to further push TSA.
Yet you have the time to make comments like not anthor new wheel etc. Why not make an informed comment if you are at all?

Caps don't mean much but since you have admin tagged on have you seen this "Dear shootingbuff,

Thanks for registering at 1911Forum! We are glad you have chosen to be
a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
1911Forum"?

Now for the good part: I have not at any time pushed TSA. If you do not like my comments just say so. You don't have to make up excuses.

AND the thread title is TSA and Fist-Fire. What the org poster asked was 'Anyone here familiar with this????" So if I had been pushing (which I wasn't) I would be on topic.

If one wants to say who is or isn't a productive poster to this thread.., well your uninformed and sohpomoric comments would put you in the nonproductive list and I would be on the productive list.

Since you wanted to take this off topic I am to believe it is ok since you have the admin tag therfore I responded to your question.

Now if you take the time to re-read my posts on this thread you will see I have not promoted TSA and I will await your apology.

One last bit of advice before I await your apology. You are a rep of this site, therefore when you jackup it reflects on the site. If you don't care about what folks think about you, please take the higher road and consider that your actions impact this site.

sb
Old 02-19-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Oh I nearly forgot.

Why shouldn't one push TSA? Come on let me guess. "You" don't want it to do well. A supporter of a progun site trying to put the squeeze on a productive member of the shooting sports. No? Why then, especially in light of this threads title and the org post.

sb
Old 02-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingbuff
Yet you have the time to make comments like not anthor new wheel etc. Why not make an informed comment if you are at all?
I did, as have others.

As far as you not joining here to push TSA, then why are all 7 of your posts on this thread...and you joined after this thread was started.

Sir, I didn't just fall off the ol turnip truck. No sir!

You need to take about a week off and look around here and learn the rules of the road before you light into a Moderator. Come back in a week if you wish to be a productive member. Or come back and post another smart comment directed at a member of the staff and earn your "permanently badged" title.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Fist-Fire

Quote:
Please. Not another "new" wheel...
TSA and FIST-FIRE have clearly been under attack here...

Yunno, I've been around a long time. I've been shooting Combat Pistol Matches at the National level since the 1970's. And I have used World Class competition to test my theories and shooting techniques over the years.

Since '98, myself and my Fist-Fire Instructors have used our carry guns and carry gear to win the following major titles:

1st Place: 1998 Winchester World Challenge - Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 1998 Virginia State IDPA - ESP State Champion

1st Place: 1998 West Virginia IDPA -- ESP State Champion

1st Place: 1998 West Virginia IDPA - Ladies State Champion

1st Place: 1998 North Carolina IDPA -- ESP State Champion

1st Place: 1998 Eastern Regional IDPA - ESP Champion

1st Place: 1998 Eastern Regional IDPA Ladies Champion

1st Place: 1998 Florida State IDPA - ESP Champion

1st Place: 1998 Florida State IDPA - Ladies Champion

1st Place: 1999 World Shoot Off - Stock Gun Champion

1st Place: 1999 Tennessee State IDPA - SSP Champion

1st Place: 2000 Eastern Regional IDPA - CDP Champion

1st Place: 2000 Blackwater Challenge - CDP Champion

1st Place: 2000 Blackwater Challenge - Ladies Champion

1st Place: 2000 World Shoot Off - IDPA Champion

1st Place: 2000 IDPA Nationals - ESP National Champion

1st Place: 2000 Virginia State IDPA - ESP Champion

1st Place: 2000 Virginia State IDPA - Ladies Champion

1st Place: 2000 Tennessee State IDPA - ESP Champion

1st Place: 2001 World Shoot Off - Stock Gun Champion

1st Place: 2001 World Shoot Off - IDPA Champion

1st Place: 2001 World Shoot Off - Jr. Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 2001 World Shoot Off - Ladies Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 2001 Blackwater Challenge - Match Champion

1st Place: 2001 Blackwater Challenge - ESP Champion

1st Place: 2001 Blackwater Challenge - Ladies Champion

1st Place: 2001 Blackwater Challenge - SSP Champion

1st Place: 2001 Virginia State IDPA - SSP Champion

1st Place: 2001 Virginia State IDPA Ladies Champion

1st Place: 2002 Mid-West Regional IDPA - SSP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2002 Carolina Cup IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Carolina Cup IDPA - Ladies State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Commonwealth Cup IDPA - Ladies State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Winchester World Challenge - IDPA World Champion

1st Place: 2002 World Shoot Off - IDPA World Champion

1st Place: 2002 World Shoot Off - Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 2002 All Navy Match All Navy National Champion

1st Place: 2002 Florida State IDPA - ESP State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Tennessee State IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Southern Regional IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2002 Mississippi State IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2003 Virginia Indoor IDPA - ESP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2003 Virginia Indoor IDPA - SSP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2003 Southern Regional IDPA - SSP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2003 Tennessee State IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2003 PSA Shootout - Stock Gun Speed Steel Champion

1st Place: 2003 Alabama IDPA - ESP State Champion

1st Place: 2003 Kentucky-Tennessee IDPA - SSP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2003 Commonwealth Cups IDPA - SSP Champion

1st Place: 2003 Winchester Challenge IDPA World Champion

1st Place: 2003 World Shoot Off - Jr. Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 2003 World Shoot Off - IDPA World Champion

1st Place: 2003 Steel Challenge - IDPA World Speed Shooting Champion

1st Place: 2004 Virginia Indoor IDPA - ESP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2004 Indiana State IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2004 Southern Regional IDPA - ESP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2004 Mid-West Regional IDPA - SSP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2004 Winchester World Challenge - IDPA World Champion

1st Place: 2004 World Shoot Off - Jr. Stock Gun World Champion

1st Place: 2004 World Shoot Off - IDPA World Shoot Off Champion

1st Place: 2004 Steel Challenge - IDPA World Speed Shooting Champion

1st Place: 2004 N.C. RECON 3-Gun Championships - Match Champion

1st Place: 2004 N.C. Tactical Invitational 3-Gun Championship - Match Champion
1st Place: 2004 IDPA Nationals - ESP National Champion

1st Place: 2005 Virginia Indoor IDPA - ESP Regional Champion

1st Place: 2005 Arkansas State IDPA - SSP State Champion

1st Place: 2005 PSA Shootout - Stock Gun Speed Steel Champion

1st Place: 2005 Maryland IDPA Championships - Enhanced Service Division

1st Place: 2005 USPSA Area 6 Championships - Limited-10 Champion

1st Place: 2005 MGM IRONMAN 3-Gun Championships - Tactical Champion

1st Place: 2005 N.C. RECON 3-Gun Championship - Match Champion

1st Place: 2005 Carolina Tactical 3-Gun Championship - Match Champion

1st Place: 2005 Steel Challenge IDPA - ESP World Champion

1st Place: 2005 IDPA Nationals - ESP National Champion

1st Place: 2006 Mason-Dixon 3-Gun Championships - Tactical Champion

1st Place: 2006 Arkansas USPSA 3-Gun Championships - Limited State Champion

Thus, we have proven that Fist-Fire works "as good or better" than anything the Top Shooters are using today. Yet it blends seemlessly with modern Mixed Martial Arts Fighting techniques. That's why it's being endorsed by MMA Experts around the country.

Further, Fist-Fire has been tested in "Force on Force" scenarios where Simunitions were used on resisting opponents. Just ask Paul Sharp (www.ISRMatrix.org) and others.

Bottom Line: It's easy to sit behind a keyboard, grow big ones and talk smack. It's quite another to actually "TEST". That's why I created TSA. To test shooting techniques and equipment to find out "what works and what doesn't". It's as simple as that.

Shooting techniques are quite measurable, that's why we have electronic timers and scoring rings on the target, right?

As I said in my book, "Challenges to my system of shooting are always welcome". I have (9) ranges available right in my back yard. I also travel around the country to teach. So, look me up sometime. I'd love to talk with you about shooting and see you shoot.

In the mean time, I invite you all to shoot a TSA match. You just might like it. If not, oh well. Find something you do like to shoot and have fun!

Take care,

D.R. Middlebrooks
ww.TacticalShooting.com
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
maybe I need a copyright for BLUR FIRE, please mail checks to...
LOL!

Good one...!

Just as I was contempating copyrighting the "Fast Blur Sighting Index System"!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt Dotson
LOL!

Good one...!

Just as I was contempating copyrighting the "Fast Blur Sighting Index System"!
Don't laugh, at my age, 50 something , all I get is a "Fast Blur" when I use my sights...

Old 02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Adminstrator

DR, I might just have to take you up. Impressive record!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

I plan on taking you up on it sir! Can you PM me your class schedule?
Closed Thread