What's wrong with idpa? - Page 7 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 09:34 AM

All the IDPA negatives are exactly why I don't do it anymore....I do small bore and pistol caliber silhouette shooting....much happier during a day at the range!
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-30-2020, 09:45 AM

I'll say it again:

For those disillusioned with the established brands, try to give your local, outlaw matches a chance. The big sanctioned disciplines aren't the only game in town, thankfully. For those who are more focused on 'winning' the game - as the game is written - well, they can stick with USPSA & IDPA. No harm, no foul. For those more in-tuned with having fun, getting a little 'timed' practice, and enjoying different/oddball challenges, we have the outlaw matches/disciplines. The beauty of this is that there's something for everyone if you just look around a bit. You never know what you'll find.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:22 AM
1911 Aficionado

Seven pages later, we're back where we started.
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Seven pages later, we're back where we started.
We did manage to avoid any segues into MIM, lubes, or Shok-Buff discussions, though!!!! Grateful for small mercies.

Last edited by havanajim; 01-30-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:29 AM

There are two camps it seems. Those that shoot IDPA, like it and adhere to the rules, and those that don't care for it all that much.
Me I find the rules to be rather constrictive but I understand if they didn't exist it would be more like a USPSA match. I still shoot the IDPA match at the local indoor range but I stopped with the cover and really just game the stage for the mag change rule. (Everyone does except the hardcore shooters).
That being said, there is not the following on IDPA night that there is on USPSA nights. (Maybe by one fourth). If this is the case nation wide, then I would hope those that are in control of the IDPA regulations would take a look at what makes the other organizations more popular and adjust accordingly.
It doesn't matter to me if IDPA folds up the tent and goes away. But it matters to some of my friends and for them I hope they solve this issue.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:40 AM

All gun games have rules, safety, procedural, scoring... nitpicking a discipline is a waste of time. Learn their rules, shoot it or not
Old 02-19-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasref View Post
I still shoot the IDPA match at the local indoor range but I stopped with the cover.
And they are agreeable with that?
Old 02-23-2020, 03:46 PM

I wish that IDPA would recognize that weapon-mounted lights are increasingly common on pistols for defensive carry, and allow them. I imagine they're prohibited because they add weight to the gun. But as long as the gun makes weight (the box dimensions might need to change slightly), I'd like to see them allowed. That likely has the same probability of approval as AIWB holsters being permitted in IDPA, despite the fact that AIWB is an increasingly common (and demonstrably efficient and effective) method of concealed carry.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:27 AM

If your club runs an NFC division you can shoot a light there.

Or if you want a light, petition USPSA to allow them, then IDPA will allow them next year. That's how it works.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:53 PM

IDPA rules were written by guys who got their asses kicked in grades K-12, married a flat chested fat woman and now they're pissed about it.