bullet sizing - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 06:59 AM

bullet sizing

I was looking on the STI website and found an article.

http://media.stiguns.com/IntPress/Eu..._Eagle6&RM.pdf

on page 6 you can see the results of some ammo testing in the 9mm Eagle, best group was shot with German H&N bullets an vihta N340 (streukreis = groupsize in German). but the bullets are sized .357 vor a 9mm bullet.

this group is by far the best in the test! somebody tried this in a STI barrel?

have a custom STI in the pipeline and I'm already fan of the 127gr H&N bullet and vihta powders, us them in my open revolver.

gr t
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 PM

Most 9mm barrel throats are .358. Cast lead bullets for 9mm are sized .356-357. Jacketed bullets are .355.

bluestringer
Old 12-17-2010, 04:52 PM

i just ordered some .356" Penn 115 SWC and 120 TCBB for use in my STI TM 6" and Trojan 5"

I should have everything to test Jan or Feb 2011. My Trojan is sitting at Dawson. I need to go get it but likely wont get it until after Jan 1.

Mr "Penn" told me that should work out well for STI barrels.

He told me brass in "9" has alot of variations so I want to stick with same manufactures....so I will be sorting brass this winter.

I also bought some WST/WST/N310/N320 for testing.

He said the US Army is shooting AA#2 with Penn 115 SWC. I dont have the "throw" weight.