Glock in shoulder holster? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 11:39 AM

Glock in shoulder holster?

Hey guys, I was gonna get a Glock 19 ( I love 1911s, I am just too broke right not to afford one) and was wondering if anyone carried theirs in a shoulder rig and if so which one?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Many times I carry a Glock 23 in a Josh Bulman shoulder rig. I also have the same holster for my commanders.
Nice holsters & Josh does a good job.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM

I carry my 1911 in a galco Miami Classic shoulder holster. I find it very easy to carry in this fashion, but don't get the Miami Classic, it has thin straps on the shoulders. Get something that has shoulder straps that get thicker on top of your shoulders, that my only complaint/advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 PM

I've carried a G22, also in a Miami Classic, off and on for some time. It balances well with the double offside mag pouch. Only problem for me is I have a bugled disk in my neck and the weight on my shoulders over a long day causes my right arm to ache.

For short periods its OK, I prefer a belt holster, open top, vertical drop.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai9100 View Post
I carry my 1911 in a galco Miami Classic shoulder holster. I find it very easy to carry in this fashion, but don't get the Miami Classic, it has thin straps on the shoulders. Get something that has shoulder straps that get thicker on top of your shoulders, that my only complaint/advise.
The new "MIAMI CLASSIC II" solves that issue with wider top straps!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM

I've got three Miami Classic rigs (first one bought AGES ago). Two are for 1911's, one in black is for Glocks. I've got left and right holster and a double mag pouch. I've carried either single with mags or double (a 17 and a 19) for hours (all day) without any problems. Been a while since I've used it though...
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud
Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai9100 View Post
+1

I have Miami Classic rigs for my Glock, BHP, and 1911's.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
Hey guys, I was gonna get a Glock 19 ( I love 1911s, I am just too broke right not to afford one) and was wondering if anyone carried theirs in a shoulder rig and if so which one?

I have a Miami for my 1911, but to answer your question.... My GLOCK 21 I wear in a Ace Case Shoulder Rig... and it will run you about $30. Comfy enough to sleep in ... and yes I have done so ... too many times.

http://acecase.com/

See details Shoulder Holster - Horizontal - Complete
Order #: A74A

• 13 Size Options
• Fits up to 5" Barrels
• Complete Fully Lined Holster, Harness
& Double Ammo Pouch
• Nylon, Black, Padded
• Ambidextrous & inter-changable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our price: $30.98

Buy Now
Old 12-26-2008, 05:00 PM

You guys ever have a problem with the backstrap and the hammer? does it just go under the hammer then? How about it making the safety fall? Thanks guys.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:12 PM

A hammer on a Glock?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 PM

A safety on a Glock?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned

Same as above....a hammer and a safety?? On a Glock? Show me.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:00 AM

sorry guys was talking about the 1911. EVEN in the GLOCK thread I cant stop thinking of my baby 1911
Old 12-27-2008, 12:55 PM

I have a Galco Miami Classic for my Glock 21. As stated above the straps are too thin. Besides that it is a great carry rig (I use it when hunting because I am usually wearing a large jacket and bibs) but if you can find one with wider straps definitely go with that one.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:03 AM

I've had two Galco shoulder rigs, the Miami Classic and the Jackass. Of the two I find the Jackass to more comfortable. I ended up giving the Miami Classic to a buddy when he transferred to investigations and kept the Jackass for myself.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
You guys ever have a problem with the backstrap and the hammer? does it just go under the hammer then? How about it making the safety fall? Thanks guys.
On my 1911's, the strap secures the weapon going under the hammer for condition one carry, and the safety (extended ambi's on mine, I'm a lefty) do not get bumped off.

Galco now states all of their holsters are expressly NOT for condition one carry. While I suspect this is just a CYA/liability stance mandated by lawyers, I can't say for certain if they've changed the strap. I doubt you could get a straight answer from them (I called, I couldn't get an answer that satisfied me). I think someone is going to have to try a current production model to find out. If it wouldn't work for condition 1, I wouldn't use it for a 1911. The Glocks of course are no issue for condition/hammer/safety.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud
Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 AM

I think that as far as the condition 1 question goes.......if it will work with the hammer down, it will work in condition one as the hammer being down will increase the length of the strap. Won't it?
lunyou