"Hit the Jackpot" Brass!!!! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-09-2002, 10:52 AM

"Hit the Jackpot" Brass!!!!

Boy! did I have a good day at the range Not only did I get in a lot of trigger time, but I walk away with 14lb of once fired Win.Clean 45ACP brass!!!!
I just happen to walk by this 30Gal drum. On the side it said "Brass" I ask the RO what they did with it His response was "If you see something you want take it"

I dumped it all out.Took "ALL" "ALL" the 45 brass!
Old 06-09-2002, 08:28 PM

If you're a nice guy you'll send me half...
Old 06-09-2002, 08:51 PM

My "X" says I'm a S.O.B. Even 18yrs later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2002, 09:00 PM

I wish I could get that lucky, I can never keep enough 45 brass.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:41 PM

The operative words were 'Win-Clean'. Sorry to burst your bubble but I have not heard of anyone reloading this stuff. The flash hole is so large! I have never met a person that didn't throw it away. If I am wrong and someone has had experience in reloading this stuff it would be nice to know!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:45 PM

I've reloaded the snot out of my WinClean brass and never had a problem.......

Some of it I've had a LONG time and have reloaded several times.....Granted most of my loads are Lower Power Factor loads for cometition, but I've never had a problem with them.....Except if I don't mark them clearly other shooters make of with them.

Thanks,
H4444
Old 06-12-2002, 08:54 PM

I've reloaded Win-Clean before also with no problems.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:56 PM

I guess what I am hearing is that they are well suited for Bullseye Target types of loads?

Has anyone loaded them up hot enough for shooting pins? I have some friends that reload and occasionally they buy some win-clean and would like to be able to load it hot enough for pin shooting. Any thoughts?
Old 06-13-2002, 07:09 PM

Now a lot of my loads are light competition, but I've loaded them hot before for pins,,,,,,just not as often and I've never had any problems.

Like I said,,,,most of my brass is "well used" and out of the several thousand rounds I've fired the last couple years, I've only had on case mouth split on me and it wasn't a WinClean.

Thanks,
H4444
Old 06-13-2002, 09:34 PM

I have reloaded Win Clean as well and have a few cases hitting the 8th go around for me. So far no problems at all.

Stacey
Old 06-13-2002, 10:54 PM

PDshooter,
You are one lucky S.O.B.! Do you mind telling me where in Illinois you are from? I am looking for a new range and yours sounds like a good one!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:57 AM

I hate to give away my secret, but if you're in IL and you need some free brass, I can tell you where to shoot.

Go to the range at the Bass Pro Shop in Gurnee Mills. I'm usually not a fan of shooting indoors, but they have 2-3 buckets of brass sitting right next to the entrance to the range, and it's sometimes sorted. They don't really care if you take it, and I've gotten a lot from them. It's usually once fired factory stuff.

As for reloading Win Clean, I've never had a problem with it.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:53 PM

I love to go to the range on Monday morning to pick up brass from the weekend shooters. I love being a conservationist by helping the earth by picking up the trash others have left, as long as it's brass trash.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:56 PM

There were a couple of articles written about reloading WinClean brass. The concerns were over pressure conditions with the ovesized flash hole. The results were no problems encountered. Reload and fire away with standard pressure loads.

It is kinda contradictory to other thingts we have read and heard. Speer reloading manuals have a section on their plastic 45 bullets. One must drill out the flash holes to allow the primer flame enough area to adequately push out the plastic bullet. Their warning was to mark the brass and NEVER use it for other loads. Then WinClean brass came along and kinda rewrote that note.

I guess the reduce loads and work up carefully applies here as it would anywhere else when using different components.