Thanks Guys...

Here's a link for TSA Clubs and Match Dates:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/foru...read.php?t=360

Here's a link for those interested in upcoming Class Dates:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/foru...=3466#post3466

Take care,

D.R.

www.TacticalShooting.com

Last edited by D.R.Middlebrook; 02-23-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 AM

My favorite quote on point shooting came from Massad Ayoob. He interviewed an LE officer who had been involved in a gunfight. The officer said "When I use my sights I hit what I aim at, when I don't, I don't."
Old 02-22-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammon
My favorite quote on point shooting came from Massad Ayoob. He interviewed an LE officer who had been involved in a gunfight. The officer said "When I use my sights I hit what I aim at, when I don't, I don't."
And I've heard other LEO's say, "I never once saw my sights..."

In our FoF (Force on Force) studies we have shot literally hundreds of thousands of rounds of SIMS (9MM plastic bullets that sting) at resisting opponents. We found that if the Bad Guy was within 21 feet, most guys couldn't even get to their gun, let alone draw it before being over run.

Further, if you are six feet away of my MMA guys, you'll never get the gun up and out to eye level in time to use the sights. They will take it away from you and beat you with it (at least they did me ).

But why be one dimensional about it?

Like I said in my book, "If you have time, use the sights".

But TIME is usually a function of DISTANCE. The more DISTANCE you have to the threat, the more TIME you have for sights and trigger control.

And since this is a competition forum, let me say this: I have won stages, outright, over all, clean at the IDPA Nationals, and I never once saw my sights. I did it by relying on the FIST-FIRE GRIP and INDEXING system to get the hits. Just like I do in FoF.

Bottom Line: You can't get the type of hits I'm getting on the DVD's (at the speed I'm operating at) without sights unless you have a perfect grip and index.

Sincerely,

D.R.

www.TacticalShooting.com

Last edited by D.R.Middlebrook; 02-22-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=teknutson]Anyone here familiar with this????
Tactical Shooting Association tactical shooting competition to try you and your equipment fro street use.

And the new revolutionous shooting style.

FIST FIRE.

Man I love his ideas, and am getting into the system slowly but surely

same here! slowly but surely,got his book FIST FIRE vol.1 next plan is to get to D.R. class
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 AM

TSA Rule Book

The TSA Rule Book is online for easy viewing and downloads:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/tsa/rulebook.html

If anyone has any questions or suggestions about the rules, please let me know...

Thanks,

D.R. Middlebrooks - President
Tactical Shooting Association (TSA)

www.TacticalShooting.com
Old 02-22-2007, 11:39 PM

Maybe I missed something on your website. I don't see any TSA clubs other than one at your range. Is there a state/city listing of TSA affiliated clubs?

"Gladys. I took her off the meanest, nastiest kid around when I was growing up. He loved Gladys as much as I do, but he didn't mind when I took her off him. Then again. He was dead at the time." - Marv "Sin City"
Old 02-23-2007, 08:08 AM

My bad, wrong link...

Here's a link to the TSA clubs:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/foru...read.php?t=360

Thanks,

D.R.

www.TacticalShooting.com
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM

Thanks for all the nice response.
I kinda didnt want to make this into a warzone, but hey what the heck.

War always brings out the best in people ( or worst )

I see many here are single minded and single tracked, but I understand them.
It is difficult to think different.

Personally I love the Fist Fire system from what I have been able to pick up.

Not too much (kinda thickheaded)
But what the hekk.

Again thank you all.

Thor

P.S.
Mod could you please close this thread, enough fighting and bloodshed already

Thank you all and MODs
Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 PM
More Cowbell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknutson
P.S. Mod could you please close this thread, enough fighting and bloodshed already
As long as this thread doesent turn into an advertisement for Mr Middlebrooks, I dont mind it staying open. However, its your thread. I will lock it if you want. PM me.

Quote:
Thank you all and MODs
Anytime.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay
I did, as have others.

As far as you not joining here to push TSA, then why are all 7 of your posts on this thread...and you joined after this thread was started.

Sir, I didn't just fall off the ol turnip truck. No sir!

You need to take about a week off and look around here and learn the rules of the road before you light into a Moderator. Come back in a week if you wish to be a productive member. Or come back and post another smart comment directed at a member of the staff and earn your "permanently badged" title.
I was going to respond to your points but feel I have stated my case. More to the point you have proven my case.

A forum is to share ideas and to grow. Shutting one down because one has the power to do so does not make it right and harms the growth of the forum.

In ref to your actions reflecting on this site they do., I would believe your actions also have a negative impact on others who use RLTW.

If you feel so compelled to ban me I have but one thing to say [U]"Currahee"[/U]

BTW - It is a choice not to be bullied by self righteous LPs.

sb
Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous1
My check's in the mail!
Should have shot the BuG match. It was a lot of fun and a tight match.

Hope to see you at the matches.

Take care,

sb
Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the nice response.
I kinda didnt want to make this into a warzone, but hey what the heck.

War always brings out the best in people ( or worst )

I see many here are single minded and single tracked, but I understand them.
It is difficult to think different.

Personally I love the Fist Fire system from what I have been able to pick up.

Not too much (kinda thickheaded)
But what the hekk.

Again thank you all.

Thor

P.S.
Mod could you please close this thread, enough fighting and bloodshed already

Thank you all and MODs
Hi,

I would like to thank you for the this thread. It is as good of a thread as most and better than some.

No need to be upset over those you can not control.

Best to you sir,

sb
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.Middlebrook
And I've heard other LEO's say, "I never once saw my sights..."

In our FoF (Force on Force) studies we have shot literally hundreds of thousands of rounds of SIMS (9MM plastic bullets that sting) at resisting opponents. We found that if the Bad Guy was within 21 feet, most guys couldn't even get to their gun, let alone draw it before being over run.

Further, if you are six feet away of my MMA guys, you'll never get the gun up and out to eye level in time to use the sights. They will take it away from you and beat you with it (at least they did me ).

But why be one dimensional about it?

Like I said in my book, "If you have time, use the sights".

But TIME is usually a function of DISTANCE. The more DISTANCE you have to the threat, the more TIME you have for sights and trigger control.

[
Sincerely,

D.R.

www.TacticalShooting.com
One other point (not on fist-fire) on shooting and stress. I ran a stage where the target was placed at 4 yds. The shooter was at low ready and on the timer one shot CoM. One of our top shooters dropped a shot way out in the -3 on an IDPA target. A LEO and a civie missed. Next string aimed shot at he head on the timer. Again 2 MISSED (not the same two) again 1 was an LEO and the other a civie. IN both cases all the shooters had been shooting IDPA/USPSA for at least a couple of years and been shooting for many years.

This was from the stress of a match where the cardborad was not going to do you any harm. Now think of a stressful situation were the BG has the will, motive and means to do you harm.

It plain doesn't matter what system you use if you can not hit the threat. Be warned.

sb
Old 02-27-2007, 02:02 AM
More Cowbell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingbuff
I was going to respond to your points but feel I have stated my case. More to the point you have proven my case.

snip ...blah, blah, blah... snip

sb
Everyone say thanks to shootingbuff for getting this thread locked.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingbuff

A forum is to share ideas and to grow. Shutting one down because one has the power to do so does not make it right and harms the growth of the forum.

In ref to your actions reflecting on this site they do., I would believe your actions also have a negative impact on others who use RLTW.

If you feel so compelled to ban me I have but one thing to say [U]"Currahee"[/U]

BTW - It is a choice not to be bullied by self righteous LPs.

sb
You are right, I do feel compelled to ban you. But not for what you state, rather, for not manning up and contacting me off line like you should. When you take your 7 post count prior to a time out and tack on your trolling, then respond like you did, you obviously haven't learned anything. Nor do you rate being a member here where others exhibit a far higher degree of professionalism.

Currahee indeed.
Closed Thread