"Wilsonize" range report - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 PM

"Wilsonize" range report

A couple of weeks ago I posted some photos of my Colt Talo Commander Lightweight 38 Super that I had the folks at Wilson Combat work some magic on. You can view the photos here:

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...914&highlight=

I promised when I posted that thread that I'd give a range report as soon as I was able. Well, today was the day! Finally some decent temperatures and sun here in Wisconsin, so I headed to the range to see how she worked.

It ran like a watch! I put about 200 rounds downrange and it never missed a beat. This pistol was a good shooter before, and it's even better now. The new ejector worked as advertised, the trigger was sweet, and the front strap checkering felt perfect.

I started out with some Wilson Combat ammo, then switched to some reloads I had brewed up. Finished up with some American Eagle factory ammo. The pistol never missed a beat. It's a winner!!

Joe
NRA Benefactor Member
"Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat"
Old 01-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. No matter how many other pistols I shoot, a nice 1911 always is more fun to shoot.

C. S. Lewis
Old 01-20-2018, 09:26 PM

Glad it ran for you as a Wilsonized Colt should, congrats on a really nice gun.

NRA Patron Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2018, 05:36 AM

Congrats on your success. It sure is nice to see the results of outstanding work.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a great job, and a sweet shooter now Joe. I had them work over my Kimber Eclipse with a reliability package, trigger job, added a round butt magwell and re-blend frame to new contour of magwell, refinish to look like original color combo (although the Armor Tuff is a little shinier than the original black coating it came with). They do very nice work on non-Wilson guns; congrats on the reworked Talo LW.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)