1911Forum banner

used taurus parts replacement ?URGENT

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crashoverrideplik 
#1 ·
Im seriously thinking about buying a used stainless pt1911 tommorrow. I functions fine and Ive put a mag through it and had no issues. My question is can I replace the hammer and other fire control parts with wilson combat/Ed brown/etc? The recoil spring is not stock and it has some surface rust throughout so it was a shooter so I am going to replace all springs also. Any problems you have ran into replacing parts?

#3 ·
I like the Taurus frames, slides, barrels, slide stop, grip and thumb safeties. Wilson has a nice spring set that has every spring. Sear, firing pin, recoil, main and plunger tube set. I do not remember if it has the firing pin plunger spring or not. If you want a nice trigger that will last, get the sear and disconnect along with the hammer. Ignition parts are a different matter than springs. Can get tricky done home then out on the range. My gunsmith wanted nighthawk or Ed brown to do mine but a different gs might have another preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.