1911Forum banner

New to Kimber have ? Between two possible buys!

938 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tpdtopcop2010 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Going to purchase a Kimber and was all set to get the Pro Carry II two tone and then I saw this Kimber Pro CDP. What's the difference between the guns as one is pricier than the other? Which gun would be the consensus Buy?

Thanks

#4 ·
I own a Pro Carry two tone. It's like that little rabbit fellow, just keeps going and going and going.

My only regret or 'complaint' is that the front sight is plain black and harder to aquire in lower light situations. For that reason, I would go with the CDP.
Honestly, I feel like you can't go wrong with either. It just comes down to personal preference.

YMMV

#5 ·
I've had both but not at the same time. My Pro Carry had standard 3-dot sights. The Pro CDP had night sights. The CDP had front strap checkering. I don't think the Pro Carry did. Both had aluminum frames. The CDP had a different type of finish, but I don't know that it was any better and wouldn't pay extra for it. The Pro CDP had an ambi safety. I bought the Pro CDP new and the Pro Carry used, so there was a big price difference. I later traded them for full-size, steel framed models since I didn't carry them anyway, but both were nice looking and reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.