Question for the Romeo 1 owners out there - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 11:18 PM

Question for the Romeo 1 owners out there

Looking for a smaller 9mm. Narrowed it down to 2 guns, very diverse in cost. The first is a Sig P229 Legion RX (I have a 226 Legion already), and the Staccato P duo (have an Atlas Titan). Considered the FN 509 Tactical, loved the optic system design, but could not get past the trigger. Not worth waiting for it to break in.

My biggest concern with the Sig is you’re locked in to using a proprietary red dot. Although my preference is Trijicon I’m flexible. I know you can have issues with any of these machines. Matter of fact my Sig is the only gun I own that I had to send back to the manufacturer. They fixed it, and life goes on. Read the reviews and it’s the usual, worst red dot I ever owned followed by, better than Aimpoint. I trust you guys, your thoughts on the Romeo/RX set up? Thanks.

Oh, and buying both is not an option ... probably.

Last edited by jmr986; 08-18-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:18 PM

Owning P229 RX Legion since July 2018. Romeo1 has worked perfectly. Put new battery in 1 Jan 19 and 1 Jul 19. Replaced batteries were working fine, but as cheap as batteries are, figured Id just keep them topped off. Also have DPP on X-Compact. Like it better due to 7.5 MOA Delta triangle. Probably because Im old and blind and can see it better and find it much faster. I do prefer the Romeo1s exterior brightness adjustment buttons that have a separate up and down over DPPs which is one button right in front of glass.
NRA Patriot Life Endowment - 11/21/17
Old 08-27-2019, 12:31 PM

Just ordered the 226 rx slide with the Romeo.
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 12:02 PM

Look at the 320 Xcarry. It is now milled to accept Delta Point Pro.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:48 PM

I like the Romeo 1's
Got 3 of them.
Two I use on competition guns and shoot them a lot 3-500 rounds a week. They haven't had a problem yet. oldest is about 1 1/2 years old.
I went to the 6moa dots because they are much brighter in the sun than the 3 moa.
Own several Leupold DPP also and they are just as good but bigger. If you're going to use it for carry the Romeo is smaller overall and fits the slide better. IT is defiantly big enough for competition use but smaller than the DPP. FWIW
Since God is for you, who can ,succesfully , be against you! Romans 8:31
COTEP 0566
Old 10-04-2019, 08:27 AM

I have 5 - they all work as advertised. I change the batteries every 6 months or so or prior to taking a class or going to a match. I found that the shroud that Sig sells is a great addition as it protects the sight from casings and the occasional knock. All mine are 3 MOA since I like to shoot targets for accuracy as well as steel. Incidentally, none of my Romeo 1 have ever lost zero from recoil or shooting. Ive had to re-zero when installing the shroud but that happens with all optics when they are removed.
I also have 2 RMR on a couple of 1911 and while they are great sights, I wouldn’t swap the Romeos for them. IMHO they are just a different tool in the tool box. Keep the Romeo clean, with fresh batteries and you will enjoy them.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:20 AM

If you end up not caring for the Romeo 1, springer precision makes adaptor plates. I used one to mount an RMR to my M17/P320 and am very satisfied.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...unt-SP0245.htm
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristensdaddy View Post
Look at the 320 Xcarry. It is now milled to accept Delta Point Pro.
These 3 shot groups were shot using the new model P320 Xcarry and Deltapoint Pro red dot shooting rested at 25 yards using 115gr Blazer ammo.. My only complaint is the loaded chamber indicator lets a lot of blow by back on the lens of the red dot. The accuracy with it is outstanding.
Attached Thumbnails
!st 3 25yds X-Carry.jpg   2nd 3 25yds X-carry.jpg   3rd 3 25yds X-Carry.jpg   4th 3 25yds X-Carry.jpg  
Old 02-20-2020, 08:29 PM

I had an older, Romeo 1, with 3 MOA dot, it quit working so I sent it back, and they sent me a new one. Got a Romeo 3, with 3 MOA dot. Lens cracked. Sent it back, and they sent me a new one. I'm a little color blind, and had issues with seeing both, on bright days, even if I wore red shooting glasses.
Bought a newer Romeo 1, with 6 MOA dot. Bright enough that I can see with clear glasses, in bright sunshine. Liked it so much I bought another, for my "back-up" xfive.
Been running for about 18 months, and like them better than my C-Mores, OKOs, Holosuns, Vortex, Burris.