Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Apparently NO ONE is safe anymore...

...from vilification at the hands of the far-left. Now even Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key are considered evil racists. Just wait for these goons to try and tear down monuments to Washington and Jefferson next.

San Francisco protesters tear down statues of Ulysses S Grant, Francis Scott Key

I know this isn't directly gun-related, but it tears me up to see these mobs tear down everything related to our great nation's history just because it no longer suits their narrative. It's like the Chinese Red Guards have now arrived.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:14 AM

There has already been a statue of George Washington knocked down and the "protesters" say Thomas Jefferson is next.
And Christopher Columbus has been toppled more than once.

Our redstate do-gooders are thus far content to campaign to have the generic Confederate statue moved from the courthouse to the Confederate section of the cemetery.

What will they do when they learn that the cannons on Old South courthouse lawns are traditionally pointed north?

Last edited by Jim Watson; 06-20-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:15 AM

It was only a matter of time.
Grant married into the Dent family and they owned a lot of slaves.
It was a way of life for most of the country back then. Right or wrong it IS our history.
Believe me when I tell you they will soon be crying to rename the capital because it’s also named offer a racist slave owner.
Destruction of this country as we know and knew it is their simple goal.

Heck Pelosi had four portraits of speakers of the house who were in the confederacy removed from the House hall the other day too.

STOP the world! I wanna get off...
COTEP#782
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2020, 11:15 AM

At some point this "purge" must be stopped. It amazes me that "polite society" and those with Civic responsibilities have allowed this to continue. I worry for the future of this country.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:01 PM

They defaced and tore down statues of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington in Portland, Oregon.

US Army, Retired
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Last edited by LimaCharlie; 06-20-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-20-2020, 12:21 PM

To keep it gun related, the people those statues represent were very familiar with guns, and the use of them to secure the blessings of liberty.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:36 PM

Marxist-Coallition (BLM, ANTIFA, Lefty Party, etc.) Revolution attempt in America is in (full) swing at this point...It is all around us from villainizing cops, to raising rioters, arsonist, and murders to "hero" status, to the influence BLM has of the rule of law (including the Supreme Court, who just refused to hear 10 2A law suits that they had in their queue for over 1.5 years), to many publicly traded companies donating huge sums to the Marxist/BLM, etc. And the SWAMP is bending to the Marxists which makes it even more dangerous...Never, ever start violence, but be prepared to defend yourself, I pray it will not, but there is a good chance it will get a lot worse.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-20-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:47 PM

THe goal here is nothing less than the destruction of America. Don't you know that we are a racist country, with racist roots, and the source of all evil in the world? Only a worker's paradise will save us, don't you know?

Say NO to this mob. It is time to take our nation back from these "enemies domestic".

[/Rant]
Old 06-20-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
...from vilification at the hands of the far-left. Now even Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key are considered evil racists. Just wait for these goons to try and tear down monuments to Washington and Jefferson next.

San Francisco protesters tear down statues of Ulysses S Grant, Francis Scott Key

I know this isn't directly gun-related, but it tears me up to see these mobs tear down everything related to our great nation's history just because it no longer suits their narrative. It's like the Chinese Red Guards have now arrived.
These protests have nothing to do w/ Racism and everything to do w/ Anarchy. Where are the Police to prevent this? Am guessing their Leftist Political Masters will not allow them to intervene.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because size matters.--Me
Weapon capacity is important for those planning to miss a lot.--Bruce Nelson
Old 06-20-2020, 01:36 PM

I still have a bet riding on the idiots vandalizing a statue of Martin Luther King by Thanksgiving.

"All statues are racist!"
Old 06-20-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeepsam View Post
To keep it gun related, the people those statues represent were very familiar with guns, and the use of them to secure the blessings of liberty.
Actually in the leftist mob's narrow mentality they were white men familiar with guns.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:50 PM

Do you reckon they will burn any $50 bills in their wallets just for spite? How about their $1 bills which is more than likely what they have? I bet not!
Old 06-20-2020, 04:16 PM

warbird1------------ That's actually a very profound point.

Why DON'T these people burn their currency that has images of slave owners?

Answer: Because that money belongs TO THEM!!! They are only willing to "make a point" through vandalism, when it's of OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF.

Their Moral Outrage ends, literally, at their OWN pocketbook.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:22 PM

I wonder if the country will be allowed to be destroyed or if at some point enough true Americans will decide that it is time to restore the Republic?
Old 06-20-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildphil View Post
I wonder if the country will be allowed to be destroyed or if at some point enough true Americans will decide that it is time to restore the Republic?
What about garbing some friends, go defend a statue...Philly and other areas are fighting back...The Marxist mob uses social-media extensively to coordinate their Evil Raid's, but I don't see anything like that on our side which is going to sound a trumpet to get all the good-guys across the country out of the house at the same time.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-20-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:40 PM

Yet, one statue that should be torn down still stands. The statue of Vladimir Lenin in Seattle. Of course he’s a hero to those idiots.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:48 PM

These fools destroy all their credibility when they do BS like this. THE general who led the Union to defeat the Confederacy and end slavery... They tear down HIS statue.

Even if you wanted to sympathize even a little with some of these issues, the people who are their leaders and movement influencers stand by and say NOTHING when their followers do stuff like this. Why would anyone give these people the time of day, much less your attention and support?
Old 06-20-2020, 06:13 PM

This Marxist insanity isn't just limited to statues, but to the names of streets, municipalities and counties. The want to change the name of Broward county because it is named after a Florida governor they deemed racist.

They are also banning people on social media that say anything... absolutely anything that criticizes Black Lives Matter, even if it is a constructive discussion. No one can utter a word or even hint that the BLM is any way or fashion a flawed political movement. Heaven forbid you speak those words.

As one protester I saw on TV the other night in a mob of hundreds... you are either "with them or against them". Nothing in the middle... no neutral ground.

Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro all would be proud. Oh... in Miami, a group had a banner with that iconic image of "Che" Guevara. A year ago, the Cuban exile community would have thrown rocks and bottles at anyone carrying that around.

Meanwhile, Black on Black homicides continues unabated in Chicago and in the rest of the country. We had an uptick here in this area on Black on Black drive by shootings.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
What about garbing some friends, go defend a statue...Philly and other areas are fighting back...The Marxist mob uses social-media extensively to coordinate their Evil Raid's, but I don't see anything like that on our side which is going to sound a trumpet to get all the good-guys across the country out of the house at the same time.
It is going to have to be some organization such as the VFW or the American Legion to issue a call to arms. Our enemy is organized, we are not.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:19 PM

Sorry for the stupid question, but,

Aren’t these statues government Property (state or federal)?

Where I come from, anyone would be in huge trouble, prosecuted, fined,etc.

Or if this is ok, can I go destroy a statue I don’t like?

History is history and property is property...this crap needs to stop.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Apparently these people consider themselves morally righteous and thus have the OK to do anything they want, whether it's against the law or not.

This entire country owes its existence to the fact that the people who already lived here were driven off their lands, and that our entire infrastructure was built by slaves, Chinese laborers, low-wage immigrants and child factory workers. Rather than simply acknowledge this and move on the anarchists want to destroy everything involving our past and re-write history according to their narrative.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Sorry for the stupid question, but,

Aren’t these statues government Property (state or federal)?

Where I come from, anyone would be in huge trouble, prosecuted, fined,etc.

History is history and property is property...this crap needs to stop.
Like I mentioned above, the SWAMP is bending to the Marxist-Mob, you can kiss the rule of law goodbye, it will only protect the mob, not you or me. Look what the SC did this week...Look what they did to the Hero-Cop in Atlanta, murder 1 charges...Companies and Gov engencies will FIRE you asap if you post even the slightest criticism of BLM on the grounds of you being a racist!!!

POTUS rally in 15 Mins!!!!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-20-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
The Marxist mob does not get away with much in these parts.

The commies own social media. Anything a conservative puts on social medial is censored.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:05 PM

POTUS was awesome...Slow start, but the momentum building was a thing of Beauty...He made a clear distinction btwn the Trump world view vs the sleepy joe worldview including all the popular topics threatening our country as we have discussed in the various threads...He didn't hold back and painted a grim view with picture words if Joe Biden gets elected and the resulting Marxist-Mob (who own Joe and the Lefty Party) takeover of the country is realized...He's back and Biden will have to come out of the cellar and respond which will expose Biden for what he is, a senile old man not fit to run a Boy Scout camp..
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 PM

You will find that every tribe the hated White Devils ran into from the east & moving west was pushed out by the NE tribes in the previous decades or centuries. So, that ol' chestnut won't fly. As a COUNTRY, sure - we can take some blame for some of the unbelievably cruel/outrageous behaviors toward a number of tribes, groups, etc.

Personally, I won't. I never owned slaves (nor any of my American Ancenstors); never abused the Irish, Jewish, Germans, Japanese, Nisei or the Chinese or.. Sorry, no white-guilt here.

Now, yeah.. I do tend to get more than a little irked at the hyphenated "americans" or the folks that feel they can drag their craptastic cultures over here and we'll just bend over for it, grovel & kowtow.

These folks that are completely "anti-american" - be they "Professors", teachers, politicians, legislators, lawyers, judges, lobbyists, Pantyfa, LGBQWERAT, BLM, Muslim Brotherhood, Jewish or Irish whatever? They need to be snagged, lose property & citizenship, and they can all start over again - in a clearing in Somalia - or some nearby place free of police and offending statues, workers, and citizens.
Closed Thread