1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Tulsa Gun Show cancelled

The Tulsa Wannamacher gun show, scheduled for April 3, 4, & 5 has been cancelled due to the coronavirus situation. Don't know if it was a decision by the promoter or mandated by some governmental agency.

NRA Life Member
Old 03-14-2020, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Event organizers all around the country are cancelling large public events. Here in WA the governor has banned all gatherings over 250 people for the time being. So by definition that means the large Washington Arms Collectors shows that are held here in Puyallup or Monroe are likely not going to happen either.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Event organizers all around the country are cancelling large public events. Here in WA the governor has banned all gatherings over 250 people for the time being. So by definition that means the large Washington Arms Collectors shows that are held here in Puyallup or Monroe are likely not going to happen either.
I wonder if that applies to Costco and other warehouse stores selling toilet paper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdellis49 View Post
I wonder if that applies to Costco and other warehouse stores selling toilet paper?
They are limiting the number of people entering stores. That is why you see televised aerial helicopter shots of lines wrapping around big box stores like Costco, Walmart and local supermarkets.

They do the same thing here during hurricane panic buying.

The line forms outside, single file. When someone exits the store, someone waiting outside is allowed to enter. That helps reduce chaos inside but you can expect to wait outside for 1hr or more and when you get inside; whatever you thought you were going to buy is probably long gone.

Hopefully this madness clears up by next week.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
They are limiting the number of people entering stores. That is why you see televised aerial helicopter shots of lines wrapping around big box stores like Costco, Walmart and local supermarkets.

They do the same thing here during hurricane panic buying.

The line forms outside, single file. When someone exits the store, someone waiting outside is allowed to enter. That helps reduce chaos inside but you can expect to wait outside for 1hr or more and when you get inside; whatever you thought you were going to buy is probably long gone.

Hopefully this madness clears up by next week.
Trucks are still running loads like normal (at least around here). It makes you wonder, at what point will people stop buying toilet paper and piling up canned goods in the garage?? You only need so much.....
Itís not like it will be banned, and contrary to media hype, the Coronavirus does not have hands that will turn off the municipal water supply!
There is plenty for everyone, just chill out...
Oh yeah, that guy that has 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer........
I hope he chokes on it. Amazon made him quit selling it because he was gouging. There is a special place for people that take advantage of folks at a time like this. The article mentioned his name and where he lived too. Huh.....I wonder if someone will take exception to his antics and rip his garage door off!
Old 03-15-2020, 11:54 AM

I don't understand the toilet paper and bottled water thing. People are stupid.

What are they expecting... explosive diarrhea from the virus? Well that is not one of the symptoms, we are dealing with a respiratory virus not a cruise ship style norovirus. And the bottled water thing? Do they think the virus is going to be in the municipal water supply? Or do they think that the water utility workers will drop like flies and the water utility stations will fall into disrepair and shut down?

I buy those mega-large bundles of toilet paper when they go on sale at the wholesale clubs. Those things last for almost a year. I'm still working my way through the bundle I bought last August.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:42 PM

Here in Ohio, the OCGA and Medina gun shows were cancelled. Sheep.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because size matters.--Me
Weapon capacity is important for those planning to miss a lot.--Bruce Nelson
Old 03-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Administrator

I guess this also means the lines at the local Social Security offices will be smaller, for a change.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
Here in Ohio, the OCGA and Medina gun shows were cancelled. Sheep.
I'm depressed about those since I was planing on taking someone to their first show
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-14-2020, 03:52 PM

Insurance companies may be refusing to insure them too
Old 03-15-2020, 12:22 PM

Several here in CA have been cancelled. It was not stated why. It is not unusual for the occasional show to be cancelled but several in a row is unusual.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:17 PM

Tulsa Gun Show cancelled

We had a show Montgomery this weekend and it was packed. A few dealers stayed home but those that were there mopped up. I even bought a 1K rounds of AK ammo at a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God is on the side of the best shots.