Mirror Polished S&W 8 3/8" 500 .50 Caliber Revolver - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-09-2017, 03:33 PM
PatriotPolishing PatriotPolishing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Age: 39
Posts: 250
Lightbulb Mirror Polished S&W 8 3/8" 500 .50 Caliber Revolver

High caliber meets high class!












You can see more of my work at:
www.GunsPolishing.com
or search Instagram for
Patriot_Gun_Polishing
__________________
A golden bit does not make a better horse.
-Seneca the Younger
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2017, 03:50 PM
1911_user 1911_user is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 285
Beautiful work! Nice pistol, brutal caliber.... on both ends.

You could punish criminals with that thing by making them carry it around for one day. That would make then 'straighten up and fly right' better than a prison sentence I think.

:-)

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPolishing View Post
High caliber meets high class!












You can see more of my work at:
www.GunsPolishing.com
or search Instagram for
Patriot_Gun_Polishing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:27 PM
US1911 US1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,548
That's quite the shimmering light saber.

Curious to know if you polish inside the frame area where the cylinder rests? Particularly the underside of the top strap and the small area around the barrel?

Is that area included in your basic revolver polish package, or do customers need to specify that they want that area addressed?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 PM
PatriotPolishing PatriotPolishing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Age: 39
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
That's quite the shimmering light saber.

Curious to know if you polish inside the frame area where the cylinder rests? Particularly the underside of the top strap and the small area around the barrel?

Is that area included in your basic revolver polish package, or do customers need to specify that they want that area addressed?
That's a good question. It's not part of the standard process. Usually, I only polish the external surfaces that are visible when a pistol or revolver is assembled. I did polish the area you mentioned on a GP100 I did awhile ago, but I can't seem to find the photos
__________________
A golden bit does not make a better horse.
-Seneca the Younger
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:19 PM
US1911 US1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPolishing View Post
That's a good question. It's not part of the standard process. Usually, I only polish the external surfaces that are visible when a pistol or revolver is assembled. I did polish the area you mentioned on a GP100 I did awhile ago, but I can't seem to find the photos
Thanks for the reply Ryan!

The reason I asked is because that area around the barrel, including the top surface of the barrel, is always extremely hard for me to get clean. So, I was fantasizing about how easy it would be to clean if it were polished. Don't even ask me why I'm so obsessed with cleaning that small little area.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2017, 07:15 PM
dsk's Avatar
dsk dsk is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 69,210
Note that there are often heavy tooling marks on the insides that would be a bear to polish out, not to mention the fact that doing so could alter some of the critical dimensions.
__________________
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 PM
PatriotPolishing PatriotPolishing is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Age: 39
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Note that there are often heavy tooling marks on the insides that would be a bear to polish out, not to mention the fact that doing so could alter some of the critical dimensions.
These are great points, dsk, and the critical dimensions are the reason I don't generally polish sections like this. For the same reason, I only give the front and back of the cylinder a very quick, gentle buff with a non-aggressive polishing compound. No sanding is ever done in these areas and the polish is more akin to a cleanup than anything.
__________________
A golden bit does not make a better horse.
-Seneca the Younger
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved