1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Anyone have a taurus millenium pro 45?

Hey Guys:

I have a chance to pick up a very lightly used taurus millenium pro 45 and I wanted to see if anyone had one and what their thoughts were.

PS Pray for our Soldiers.....It's FREE
Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM

I just bought a used 3rd gen PT145...took it to the range last Saturday and ran about 50 rounds thru it with no problems. 185 gr HP's & 230 gr FMJ's. Fits my medium size hands perfectly. I would recommend it to my friends.
More info on TaurusArmed.net
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM

the very first pistol I bought was a first gen Taurus Millenium Pro 24/7 in .45acp. MY gun (not saying all are like this) would not shoot a complete mag without FTF or FTE, stovepiped frequently (may have been me more than the gun, this was before I learned about "limp wristing") and I realized after that pistol, I don't like DA. Wound up trading for a Savage 270WinMag. I'm not bashing Taurus by any means, I own a PT1911ALR and love it, now looking for one in .38super.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrikac View Post
Hey Guys:

I have a chance to pick up a very lightly used taurus millenium pro 45 and I wanted to see if anyone had one and what their thoughts were.

PS Pray for our Soldiers.....It's FREE
Yep just brought the 3rd gen with the rail put 100 rounds thru it no problems other then it shot a tad low (No biggie) 100% function with my 200gr SWC reloads and two different types of 230gr hardball, Remington, and Winchester white box.

What's not to like about a 10+1 compact .45 I love this gun Thumbs up I do know they had some issues with the mags and feeding issues on the first gen guns but that seems to be cleaned up now.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Last edited by bowhunter; 10-27-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks....

Thanks for the input....I think I will invest in this one, I sure love my 1911 Taurus......
Old 10-31-2011, 04:20 PM

Got a chance to go back to the range Sunday for some more break in of my New 3rd gen PT 145 Millenium Pro 45 I put 50 more rounds of 230gr FMJ of Blaser Brass thru her with 100% function.

Just about time to put this puppy into full carry mode it's been perfect.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 PM

How can I tell the generation of a PT145..?? I found one that I'm interested in purchasing but obviously I'd like to stay away from early generations if they are problematic.. Thanks..

nevermind, i found it...

here is the link for anyone interested in finding out which version they own, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd..
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/mi...do-i-have.html

Last edited by JDM_DOHC; 09-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM

They are a nice little guns. I bought one 2003?? with the rail. I kept thinking this is what the Glock should have been. I was looking for a Titanium one when I found mine, which I do not even have a picture of. Need to do that. I put a couple thousand rounds through mine, cleaned it and put it in the safe. It gets 50 or so rounds through it a year now as it is still in my shooty collection. Mine was 100% out of the box and ran great, but I only shot 230gr FMJ through it, although a lot was steel cased Russian ammo. The finish on the slide was way better than the Taurus PT1911 I bought, although I bought an early PT1911.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 PM

I also have the earlier '24/7 Pro' in a 4" .45. This is the gun:

This exact configuration I don't think is now available, but if it is it will be called 'Millennium'. Whatever, it has been perfect. I put a set of Heinie Tritium sights on it and it's my go-to household gun, plus car/truck carry sometimes. The trigger is exceptional on these, and its hard to tell the difference between DA and SA. Its got a light, smooth pull. I actually had to concentrate on my trigger finger after popping a double or two, to make sure to ease off the trigger after firing. You could work on this and learn to do it safely and accurately for fast double-taps. I haven't worked with it much - I need to get some more .45 practice ammo and confirm the sighting on the night sights again, but it has no problem with my defense HP ammo.
The main reason I picked the 'Millennium' grip frame is the feel. Very comfortable and 'right' for me, including trigger reach. The safety flips down like a 1911 which is another plus, and it has a light/laser rail.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM

Taurus Millennium series comes in many calibers and is a very popular size. Yes, the third generation Pro is the best choice.
Springfield XD-9
S&W 60-4
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 AM

I own one. It's been my daily carry gun for a couple of years. I like it so much I just ordered a new one with a stainless slide - $340 from Bud's - get 'em while they last!

I'll probably be excommunicated from the forum for admitting this, but I was going to switch to carrying a Colt Defender. But the Colt cost 3X as much money, and is heavier, and carries 3 rounds less. I've decided to stick with the Taurus for now.

I don't think you can go wrong. Not much more than a pot metal Cobra derringer, has a lifetime warranty, and is the smallest 10 shot .45 I have found. What more can you ask!

PS - Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with mine, other than when I first got it I wasn't used to the 50 lb trigger with a 6 inch pull, and I was shooting about two feet low and to the left. Once I got that figured out I can ding my 12" metal plates 99% out to about 40 feet.

Last edited by gunslingergirl; 10-16-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM

I am glad to see this thread. I’ve never been a big ‘Taurus guy’ for a couple of reasons; but their 24/7 series autos are generating lots of satisfied users. I did a small CCW class last week and one of the guys had a 24/7 ‘Pro’ in .40 caliber. It was a mid-size auto (like Saxman's) barely bigger than a Glock 23. I liked the Straight 8’ sights. The DA trigger was light, smooth & stopped just short of the firing moment- very predictable & easy to hit with. There is a second-strike capability, if that matters to you. I liked the grip, both the angle and the feel of it. There's a 1911-style safety, in the location I’m familiar with, and I like a safety for IWB carry. So I start hunting a 24/7 Pro to test drive.

My Chief has a PT-140, which is slightly bigger than a G-27, so I begged it for a range session. I'm not exactly recoil-shy but you can tell when this one goes off. Of course I could barely get two fingers on the grip, which is probably most of it. That didn''t hurt the way it shot and 15 & 25 yard results were good. The gun never choked, so I walked to the back of the short range and fired 5 shots with my wrists rested on the top of the car door. I think it shows promise.

OK, I am bitten and I want one in 45 now. The midsize appears to be discontinued, though you can find them on the used market. The PT-145 is still available and offers a lot of gun in a small package.

Visit us at The Sixgun Journal or the archive, at http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM

The gun shoots well. i dont know what generation mine is but i got it like eight or nine years ago. One problem i did face was that that, there is a little spring thing that holds the take out pin in place. mine kept on popping out of the groove it was suppose to be in and sticks out of the frame, but it does not affect the gun. other than that its an alright gun, but i would get something else