Considering pt1911-ss w/o rail - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Considering pt1911-ss w/o rail

Let me start with I haven't ever fired one.

I'm considering the stainless with bulls head walnut grips from buds because that's the only place I've found in my price range. I do plan on trying to fire a taurus before actually committing, but I'm curious is the look the only difference from any other non rail finished taurus 1911? If I can only find a railed pt1911 to test fire is the weight difference significant to the amount of recoil I'll feel?

I'm planning on using it for every day carry, home defense, and range (seems like I might have seen practice, practice, practice on this forum once or twice), as well as impressing a few of my friends with a shiny new toy.

So who has one, how do they carry concealed (what holster), and what should I be aware of?

I admit it being born in the spring under the astrological sign of taurus the name and the graphic on grip kind of draw me to this particular 1911. I'm not 100% committed yet but if it feels good in my hand and the test fire goes well it will probably be the winner.

Sardius Industries 9mm
12 gauge single shot
Soda straw with chewed up paper (my first projectile weapon)
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 PM

Just bought one for my fiancÚ without the rail, and she loves it. I first wanted a rail, but decided against it due to the extra weight and size. Now if it were going to be a dedicated home defense pistol, then I would have gotten the rail for a light/laser combo.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 PM

I use a PT1911 SS (no rail) as my carry gun. I don't carry all day, every day, but if I did I think the only thing that I might be concerned with is the weight of a fully loaded 5 inch stainless steel gun. I keep it clean and it shoots everything I feed it at the range. I use a Milt Sparks holster that fits nicely on the inside of my waist. Good luck on your decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 AM

I have a PT1911SS, very nice gun. I am a smaller rounder individual so my 1911 is for home defense. I have a RIA compact 1911 that is a lot nicer to carry. For carring purposes you might want to go with a plastic gun. Just a thought
Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Been CC my SSPT1911 for 3 years now, stong side leather on belt (buy good leather). Before that, carried my blue PT1911 since they first came out...rusts quickly, even oiled often.
No rails on either, both heavy, both worth packing.