1911Forum banner

Tisas 1911 A2

28K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  ED RN 
#1 ·
I purchased a new Tisas 1911 A2 from Buds and after about three weeks had a chance to take it to the range. The only mod to the pistol is that I swapped the factory grips out with Hogue grips.

( I thorougly cleaned the pistol before heading to Clark Bros in Warrenton, Va)

I ran 50 rounds thru it at this outdoor range in rain but without any wind to speak of during my session. ( I shot some of my other pistols as well )

The range makes you buy their ammo but the rnge is free. The price of he ammo is on the high side but would even out if you had to rent the lane.

I used White Box target ammo. The first couple of groups were tight but way low. I am sure that it was the grips. I like the feel of them but will switch back now. I started using the front site only and put it right on top of he bulls for real good results. Like i said i will switch back to the factory grips and return to my normal site picture and see how I do.

During the first half of the box i had one stove pipe that wasveasily cleared and the pistol cranked off the rmaining rounds in the magazine with no issues.

With 3 rounds to go the pistol seized on me. I dropped the magazine and was able to rack the slide. It took quite pull to get it to rack. There was no round in the chamber and no ejection.

I popped the magazine back in, racked the slide and finished the last few rounds.

I attribute both malfunctions to the cheap ammo but we will see at my next session. The magazines were all Mec-Gear. One came with the pistol and i purchased two additionally.

I will post again after my next session.

The gun itself feels great. It has a really nice balance and easily as good as any Colt that I shot in the USMC. The finish is really nice and all the pistol's parts fit together well. It tore down easy and was easy to get back together.

Buds as usual was easy to deal with and i got the pistol and three mags for $569. It is certainly not a race gun but was a lot of fun to shoot.

If you have any questions let me know.

1slander1970

See less See more
#4 ·
I went to Clark Bros range in Warrenton, VA this past Saturday and put another 50 rounds through my Tisas A2 1911. I was using Federal Target Ammo and I had zero malfunctions of any sort.

For the money this pistol shoots great. I cannot say enough about the pistol or the Mec Gear magazines that came with the pistol. I removed the Hogue Grips and put the Walnut Grips back on. Last weekend I had put some Linseed Oil on the grips for protection and finish.

I have thoroughly cleaned it with REM Oil after each firing period and the pistol just works great. I want to put another couple of hundred rounds through it before I declare victory though. I will keep posting after I go to the range again.

#5 ·
Thanks for the review, is this a series 70 pistol?

#19 · (Edited)
i have fired right at 500 rds through my TISAS GI 1911. I bought it from BUDS about nine months ago and I have to say that at this point it has done what my previously owned Kimber 1911's (2) did not, and that is function without any hiccups. I cannot say that the TISAS is of the same overall quality as the more expensive 1911's on the market, but so far it has functioned with zero failures. However, I will note that I experienced a number of very slow RTB incidents while using the MecGar 1911 magazines. This has not happened while using Wilson 47-D or CMI Hybrid magazines.

I have owned four Colts, two Kimbers and 1 Springfield Armory GI 1911 (wish i had kept the Colts:dope:) and I am, overall, impressed with the function of this TISAS. I caught some fairly heavy grief from a few co-workers, one being the FFL who would transfer the pistol, for buying a Turk built 1911. After he received it, inspected it and eventually fired it, he purchased one for himself. I ordered one of the 1911A2 enhanced model TISAS last night from BUDS and hope to have it in my grubby hands next week. If the A2 model performs as well as my GI model, I will be a happy camper.

#22 ·
Bought a Tisas M1911 A2 (standard GI w/ firing pin safety) from Bud's through gunbroker.com. Shipping and transfer paid I had it in hand for $383.87. My first 1911 and I really like it. Have fired 50 rounds of 230 gr PMC and 100 rounds of Winchester white box with out any problems at all. Mecgar mag fed fine. Also picked up a Brownells 8 rd mag from Gander Mountain for $25 and it fed fine as well. Replaced the walnut grips with Hogue grip panels. I've purchased 4 guns from Bud's without any problems. I'm happy with Bud's and with Tisas!

#34 ·
Got the Commander Carry from Tisas. Excellent craftmanship.Put a fiber optic front site(Fusion Firearms) on it and changed the recoil spring to 13 pounds Glock 17 ISMI spring + EGW Commander guide rod(for flat wire spring).... flawless after 250 rounds.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.