1911Forum banner

Mustang Mag Problem

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RamTuff 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my stock mag. After the first shot from a full mag, it wants to slip down and not let the next round feed. I can push the mag back in, chamber another round and not have another problem. Is it the mag or something else?:confused:

#3 ·
Closly watching this thread as the Mustang I have (Colt Mark IV/ Series '80) when the mag is full (six rounds) the mag has to be "slammed" into the frame, (i.e. agressive palm strike).

Remove one round, mag engages pretty as you please, with a moderate press of the mag with a thumb. Add that 6th round back to the mag, takes both hands to press the mag until it engages.

Mag is thought to be factory, stamped with the Colt pony and "Colt .380 Auto." "M" upper right side of the mag plate.

Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

#5 ·
I've had this happen with several different pistols. Usually due to new magazine with a stiff spring. Make sure it clicks into place and it should be ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.