Colt 2020 Shot Show - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-22-2020, 12:53 PM

Colt 2020 Shot Show

Are we going to see any new 1911's from Colt this year??? Or just the Python.... Have not seen anything yet
Old 01-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Administrator

They're going to release a 1930's National Match replica complete with bluing by Doug Turnbull and hand fitting by Pete Single. MSRP $1200.

Oh wait, I thought it was the first day of April. My bad.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
They're going to release a 1930's National Match replica complete with bluing by Doug Turnbull and hand fitting by Pete Single. MSRP $1200.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:

That was looooow
Old 01-23-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Boo this man.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Don't tease me...........
Old 01-23-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpie View Post
Boo this man.
Boooooooo Booooooooo Hissssssssss
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Okay seriously..... I just heard that they're working on bringing back the Anaconda, but whether or not that'll be announced at SHOT is anyone's guess. Whether you'll have to pay extra for a revolver with a cylinder that actually revolves is also still unknown.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Okay seriously..... I just heard that they're working on bringing back the Anaconda, but whether or not that'll be announced at SHOT is anyone's guess. Whether you'll have to pay extra for a revolver with a cylinder that actually revolves is also still unknown.
Ok, your on a roll .

I too heard this and mention that the Anaconda would be offered in multiple chamberings.

Last edited by Johnny handgun; 01-24-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:

Is that a fixed-sight model?
Old 01-24-2020, 07:34 AM

I could go for a Anaconda in .45 Colt that is not $4000!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Jezz! Little harsh today huh? where is the Colt love?
Old 01-24-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
I too heard this and mention that the Anaconda would be offered in multiple chamberings.
Any clue on which chamberings?
Old 01-24-2020, 09:57 PM

I would just be happy if Colt would make a few extra SAAs so that I may happen upon one at a dealer, or from an online dealer, that isn't 3K and comes off gunbroker.
1911forum member #7
Old 01-24-2020, 10:51 PM

Was hoping they would announce they were going to do some commanders the same way they did the Classics ... "70 series" combat and lightweight commanders ready for gunsmithing.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:39 AM

I was thinking the same thing this week.
The only new gun they showed was the Python.
So I guess no two tone 38 super commander this year.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
I would just be happy if Colt would make a few extra SAAs so that I may happen upon one at a dealer, or from an online dealer, that isn't 3K and comes off gunbroker.
They have increased production on the SAAs, but it still isn't enough to meet demand. Given the fact that Uberti has messed up their guns with a bunch of safety crap and the Standard is just as expensive as a real-deal Colt the situation will likely continue.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Ok, your on a roll .

I'll take a 45 LC Anaconda cut for 45 ACP moon clips please. If they were smart they'd use this as an opportunity to make a m1917 repro, and just build the Anaconda on a beefed up New Service style frame.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:45 AM

I’d love to see a .38SPR Combat Commander in both blued and stainless.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Id love to see a .38SPR Combat Commander in both blued and stainless.
Yes! Ditto ...
Old 01-25-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
They have increased production on the SAAs, but it still isn't enough to meet demand. Given the fact that Uberti has messed up their guns with a bunch of safety crap and the Standard is just as expensive as a real-deal Colt the situation will likely continue.
I have a couple of those with the new floating firing pin. I am pretty sure they could be undone with the installation of a Colt hammer.
1911forum member #7
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 PM

no checkered front strap
beavertail
high cut trigger guard

5inch
45, 38 super, 9mm
all steel

white grips competition !
Old 01-25-2020, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
I have a couple of those [Ubertis] with the new floating firing pin. I am pretty sure they could be undone with the installation of a Colt hammer.
A Colt hammer won't fit AFAIK, but you can still buy older Uberti hammers as parts plus the safety can be disabled. However the four clicks are not present and Uberti has lightened up all the springs a ridiculous amount. Great if you like to play gun games while wearing silly suits, not so great if you actually want one to replicate a period-correct Colt SAA. I understand that cowboy action shooting is the driving force behind most sales of Old West-style firearms, but in my opinion today's CAS is a joke and I'm more into historical reenactments.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
I'll take a 45 LC Anaconda cut for 45 ACP moon clips please...
Ohhh yeah. I'm onboard with that!
Old 01-26-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
A Colt hammer won't fit AFAIK, but you can still buy older Uberti hammers as parts plus the safety can be disabled. However the four clicks are not present and Uberti has lightened up all the springs a ridiculous amount. Great if you like to play gun games while wearing silly suits, not so great if you actually want one to replicate a period-correct Colt SAA. I understand that cowboy action shooting is the driving force behind most sales of Old West-style firearms, but in my opinion today's CAS is a joke and I'm more into historical reenactments.
I'd probably consider cowboy action if it didn't look like a bunch of 5 year olds playing dress up. Also, I wish they would stop cutting up all the old Stevens 311s, and Winchester 97s. They aren't building any more of them, and there are similar modern guns available.