1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 05:19 PM

Colt ready to release new Python in January

Supposedly already in the pipeline and ready to be released. No mention of price yet.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Supposedly already in the pipeline and ready to be released. No mention of price yet.
Interesting, where’d you pick up that tidbit?
Old 12-21-2019, 06:16 PM

Just a quick search but...

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/pyt...on-coming.html

Old 12-21-2019, 06:19 PM

YankeeMarshall. https://youtu.be/MzIXXgLAi4s
Old 12-21-2019, 06:26 PM

Very strange way of introducing a modern version of a classic. I can't imagine it will be close to the quality of the originals (I am lucky enough to own two). But then again, Colt probably hasn't had any management worth a damn since the 1950's. JMHO.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:34 PM

I’d be pretty surprised if what YM says is accurate.

Companies don’t send product to distributors, then insist on secrecy until they ‘release’ it.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if they did release them, but would be amazed if it closely mimicked the orig version.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:37 PM

New Pythons coming in 2020? They just may be.

According to Yankee Marshall on You Tube, new Pythons are on there way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MzIXXgLAi4s

Let's hope this is true, and let's hope they they have the looks and dimensions of the originals. They won't have the same internals, but let's hope they are good.

According to a person on another forum, they will be Stainless with forged internals.

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/h...t-pythons.html

The timing of his post from August, and Yankee Marshall's post from yesterday would at least make sense from a timing perspective.

I know these are rumors, but maybe some other folks out there know something.

Fingers Crossed for the following reasons:
1. That there are new Pythons Coming
2. They do not mess with the looks, or dimensions in any way
3. They are well built

Please let this be true!

Edit: another You Tuber who is a bid revolver fan is saying he is hearing this too.

Golden Webb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesJ4mgrlYY

Please be aware that there is also a member named Tom R. He and I are two different Site Members.

Last edited by Tom_R; 12-21-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:49 PM

Sounds great. It’d be smart of colt. People want it. I’d really like to see more colt revolvers in general. Some 44 and .500 sw chambered revolvers with a horse and a vented rib would be nice.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:30 PM

I wouldn't take Yankee Marshall too seriously. All I can say is Colt should announce the restart of production of at least one black rifle. I say this because while many want a Python, many have also swore off Colt because they accuse them of being sell-outs (whether their accusations be true or not.). Doing away with the stocking dealer program would help them immensely too.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:02 PM

I'm hopeful about new Pythons.
I think there is a market for a high end revolver.
It would be nice to see the new Python somewhere in $1000 price range instead of the 3 grand some of the used ones go for.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Merged two threads on the same topic.

NRA Life Member
Old 12-21-2019, 10:27 PM

Just watched the Yankee Marshall video. I can agree with him on the sense or there lack of Colt's decisions.

Not to be negative, but, so far this company has found ways to spoil nearly every one of it's big ideas. I hope this is the gun that breaks that trend. This is coming from the same breed of geniuses that didn't seem to know that a horse belongs on the slide of replicas of older pistols, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:53 PM

Great. Another average, over priced gun with nothing by the illusion of hype.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
Companies don’t send product to distributors, then insist on secrecy until they ‘release’ it.

Actually it's not too uncommon . The manufacturers want the product ready to go as soon as it's announced to the public so the guy's on the internet don't complain about a new product being announced but not immediately available to buy .

We remember our friends Art , Chuck , Jim , John , Lou , Roger & Stephen .
Old 12-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
Great. Another average, over priced gun with nothing by the illusion of hype.
Maybe so , but they will sell .
It's a long way from a few years back on these forums when members were betting their bottom dollar that Colt would never make another DA revolver .

Old 12-21-2019, 11:11 PM

I would be happy if they could just get their quality control up to customer’s expectations. Then maybe I’ll consider buying a Colt revolver.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:14 PM
Administrator

As a retailer I can guarantee that there are plenty of QC issues to go around regardless of brand .

Old 12-21-2019, 11:36 PM

I don't think that a new Python would be anything like the old ones. Hell the new Cobra is nothing like the old one, and is loaded with MIM parts .
Old 12-22-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchrest1 View Post
I don't think that a new Python would be anything like the old ones. Hell the new Cobra is nothing like the old one, and is loaded with MIM parts .
S&W is no better in that regard. Unless Colt does something totally idiotic with this new gun (I'm not putting it past them until I see it), We now have a new American medium frame that isn't an overbuilt tank like a Ruger, or a once beautifully lined gun that now bears the mark of the hilda-beast that we call the internal lock, like that of S&W. With this in mind, this new Colt sounds pretty promising. All I'm really hoping for is a retention of the classic I frame lines, and backwards compatibility with I frame, holsters, grips, and speed loaders. I don't really care what the internals look like, as long as it's a durable set up.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:32 AM

My guess it will be a decent gun, but a mass produced, no hand fitting, no beautiful, old school finishing. People unfamiliar with true Pythons will buy them....., but it won’t be a Python.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:04 AM

I hope they include a model made of carbon steel finished in "Royal Blue". Probably wishful thinking.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:18 AM

please do NOT get your hopes up. Saw the new ponies, snakes or whatever at Shot 2019 and they are straight parts bin guns with no cosmetic effort put into them, hard gritty triggers etc. They will in no way affect the prices of 'real' Pythons.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:45 AM

The Colt Forum had a couple posts indicating 2000 guns were in the pipeline and ready to be released in January. MSRP of $1500. Those posts have now vanished, so maybe just BS ?
COTEP #125
Old 12-22-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbumps View Post
The Colt Forum had a couple posts indicating 2000 guns were in the pipeline and ready to be released in January. MSRP of $1500. Those posts have now vanished, so maybe just BS ?
The street price would have to be closer to $1200, otherwise they're competing with $2000 used ones. I think the Single Action Army had a similar problem, aside from being produced in the single digits.

Like we see with the S&Ws, there are many who will ignore new offerings entirely, if used can be had by comparable means. Colt will have to be price competitive with themselves on this one.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy sajer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post

Actually it's not too uncommon . The manufacturers want the product ready to go as soon as it's announced to the public so the guy's on the internet don't complain about a new product being announced but not immediately available to buy .
Hmnn.....guess we’ll have to disagree on that one.

Having it packed/labeled sitting on the shipping dock is easy, controlled, and mouths are shut.

A brother has worked for one of the largest manufacturers for over 30 years. He laughed out loud when I asked him about this scenario.

Another close friend works for one of the largest distributors if not the largest, he said the same, only with more ‘salt’ added.

I just don’t believe a guy like YM. If anyone working for a distributor or dealer cares to contradict this, I’d be all ears.

The theory about having them ready to go, just doesn’t hold water with 5 day ground, and express shipping.
Closed Thread