1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringing back the Karma Giveaways!!!!

6K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  tocohillsguy 
#1 ·
It's been a looooong time since I've seen a Karma Giveaway thread on this forum, and I think it's time to bring it back. For you old time regulars, you remember these, for you new guys, it's pretty simple - You satisfy the main criteria of the "contest" and at the end of it, a winner is selected, and a FREE prize awarded to that winner. It became customary for the winner to host his/her own Karma Giveaway in the future (kind of where the name came from), but it's not a necessity. It has always been fun to do these and see great pics of our favorite DW offerings as well as a little TOO much information at times (who knew the other DW mod liked to dress up as Optimus Prime and run around in pink flip flops until these came along? :rofl::rofl: ). Sorry John. :p
Anyway, this first one will be pretty easy. I want to see original pics of YOUR Dan Wesson pistol(s) that display either great patriotism, humor, artistic impression or whatever - just great pics that you take of your pistol(s). The contest is open from now until next Sunday, August 26th, at which time, I will pick a list of my personal favorites, and those will be posted in a poll thread where the general population of our DW subforum can pick the final winner. This will give everyone plenty of time to get their pics taken and posted. What's the prize? A new set of either Government/Commander grips, or a new set of bobtail grips. Sorry, no CCO or ECO grips laying around right now, they're all ordered and I'm behind. The winner will get to pick either style of grip, and I will send them free of charge a set of that style that I pick out. Hey, they're free, what do you want? :grumble::rofl:
People may post more than one pic throughout this contest, and I hope they do. If questions come up as we go along, I'll get them answered on the run.
In the meantime, let's see some pics and have some fun!
Sarge

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay, I know it's still the first day, and I really expect pics to show up tomorrow after people have a chance to take them, but I'll start off with some pics that have NO artistic quality at all, they're simply pics of a few of my DW's. It'll get the ball rolling hopefully........:dope:
So, here you go.
Sarge

Behold, the BeastBob

The VBOB

The CCO and Valor

#6 ·
I'm filing a discrimination suit on behalf of the computer illiterate. And also on behalf of the regular illiterate.

I'll get a pic or two up in a few minutes. No flip flops though. It's gonna be artistic as heck too.

#16 ·
yes i do,and for what i paid for it i consider it a steal:).it has not been shot a lot since i have had it maybe 300 rounds but so far it has been flawless after i changed out the magizines.i keep thinking of sending it to dave for some hard hat and a once over but he has gotten so busy he stopped taking orders.maybe next year

pete

#12 ·
Okay, I'll bite here. I have several entries here for consideration... the stars of the photos are:

A Dan Wesson VBOB Duty Treat with my special modifications, an M1 Garand CMP Special, NRA Gadsden flag, American flag, M1911 Knife with VBOB grips, Kabar USMC knife, custom knife made by my father, Maxxpedition messenger bag, Milt Sparks VMII Horsehide w/elephant trim, St. Florian Medal, and a recovered Nosler 230gr bullet.

#15 ·
Here's my one and only. The second pic is a mockup of what I would like to do. I need to get some fatter grips, but thought another layer in red underneath the grips might look kinda good.

#17 ·
Give me a couple days to get a good pic or two and I'll be in. Its about time I showed off the Dan Wesson Family #17! I think most everybody has got their new clothes shined and polished, they are only lacking one item to be complete Sarge. You will be impressed.

#28 · (Edited)
Okay Ryan.... but I felt the need to take a new snap. Figured I'd keep my background directly related to DW's Prime Purpose! Consider my artistic approach anything but LEAD free! Hensley & Gibbs #68 LSWC! BOOM BOOM! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.