1911Forum banner

Lets see some 1911 Collections

28K views 52 replies 38 participants last post by  c.sander 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll start it off with a 21 gun salute. In 1964 I joined the US Army and was introduced to the US 1911A1. Growing up in Long Island New York, I had never even handled a pistol let alone shot one. Somewhere along the line I fell in love with the 1911. When I got out of the Army I obtained a pistol license and the 1st gun I bought was a Colt Govt model .45ACP. This is my current collection.
1st row L-R) Colt series 70 Govt, Colt WW1 reissue,Colt Series 70 Gold Cup,Colt pre 80 Combat Commander.
2nd row L-R) Colt Series 80 Officer, Colt MKIV SS Commander,Colt XSE Govt, Colt XSE Commander.
3rd row L-R) Colt M1991 Series 80 Govt, Norinco Govt, Caspian Officer ss, Dan Wesson PM-7 Govt.
4th row) STI Trojan 9mm, Springfield Loaded ss 9mm, Kimber ss compact, Kimber Stainles Target II 10mm.
5th row) Kimber Target Match 1/1000, Kimber TLE II ss, , Ed Brown Special Forces Commander, Les Baer Concept VIII.
Bottom) Wilson Combat CQB.
BTW I can stop anytime honest!

See less See more
#3 ·
I am filled with deep envy over that collection. Here's my comparatively meager ensemble:

Colt XSE
Kimber TLE II with lots of work
Kimber Pro TLE II
Springfield EMP

I've also owned 4 other Kimbers that I (regrettably) sold. Next on the list to add to the collection is a Dan Wesson CBOB. Hopefully within the next 6 months...

#5 ·
Wow. I used to have that many, but now I'm down to just a half-dozen. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to take them all out of the safe and have a little socialization.

BTW why no USGI pistols?

#8 · (Edited)
Alas, I once had a pristine example of a Colt, Remington Rand, Ithaca, and yes even a US&S 1911A1. When they became valuable I foolishly sold them to help finance a Harley Davidson. Oh what a fool was I

#10 ·
Alas, I once had a pristine example of a Colt, Remington Rand, Ithaca, and yes even a USS&S 1911A1. When they became valuable I foolishly sold them to help finance a Harley Davidson. Oh what a fool was I
Let's see..... at my peak I had three WW1-era Colts, four pre-war blued Colt 1911A1s, five parkerized WW2 Colts, two Remington Rands, an Ithaca, and a Union Switch & Signal. I also had three Series 80 Colts, two Series 70 repros, one WW1 Colt Replica, a Kimber Eclipse, and a Springfield GI model. My current collection still ain't bad by most standards, but I don't think I'll ever be able to build it back up that much! My only regret is letting go of the truly nice ones, and keeping too many low-end guns that are much easier to replace. My thinking at the time was to keep the ones I'd actually be able to shoot, but that was a dumb idea as shooter-grade 1911s are always easy to find.

#7 ·
Show off. Just kidding. That's as impressive as I've seen. It looks like you have some free space on the floor for more though. Hehehe. :rock:

#12 ·
One of my Marine buddies told me that when he was still in the service they made him do 25 push ups every time his gun hit the floor. It's a good thing you were in the Army because that's a lot of push ups. :biglaugh:

#19 ·
My 1911 collection circa 1999:

Sold 'em all off except two just after that.

Since 2001 been building the collection back up again. Will post a group pic of what I have now when I can get to it.

NAA.

#20 ·
I only own 7 1911s. But my group pics suck in comparison to what is posted. I will just sit back in envy.

Well..here are few. Still missing the two Kobra Carry's.

The crappy group show if the stainless engraved. Two with consecutive serial numbers. I shoot one and keep two back as collectors.

By greyson at 2008-08-18

Engraved Blued EB EE. Only one they made. Will not shoot this one.

By greyson at 2008-12-16

Professional pic of one of my stainless models. My pics suffer in comparison.

By greyson at 2008-07-24

My truly everyday working gun. Yes. The grips are real. And after well over 10,000 round and many drops, they haven't cracked. Of all my pistols, this one is my favorite by a country mile. Go figure. I just love real blue wear. This pic was a few thousand rounds ago.

By greyson at 2009-01-12

Regards,
Greyson

#23 ·
I don't have nearly as many as some of you all, but here's some of mine. From left to right are an Ed Brown Special Forces, EB Special Forces Carry, Springfield Loaded, Sprinfiled Micro Milspec, Colt Combat Elite (original series), Colt Ultimate Officer. The little guy on the end technically isn't a 1911 but it usually tags along (Colt Mustang):

A couple of more not in the group photo -- Colt Commander in 9mm, a Baer Stinger, and Sig Revolution C3:

#26 ·
My truly everyday working gun. Yes. The grips are real. And after well over 10,000 round and many drops, they haven't cracked. Of all my pistols, this one is my favorite by a country mile. Go figure. I just love real blue wear. This pic was a few thousand rounds ago.

By greyson at 2009-01-12

Regards,
Greyson[/QUOTE]

Grayson,

I agree, I love the way a blued pisol wears and yours looks awesome. Next for me will be a blued Executive Carry. Your engraved pistols are absolutely gorgeous. I believe I may have seen one of them (the blue EE engraved possibly) at Jim's in Baton Rouge about 10 or so months ago??

#28 ·
Your engraved pistols are absolutely gorgeous. I believe I may have seen one of them (the blue EE engraved possibly) at Jim's in Baton Rouge about 10 or so months ago??

Yes you did. I have purchased multiple pistols out of Jim's Firearms.

Did you know that if you spend $6000 dollars there, you get a free baseball cap? :biglaugh:

Don't laugh. I love that cap!:)

Regards,
Greyson

#31 ·
Very nice collections, one and all. I thought that I was bad having a total of 8 1911's. Like Nipperdog I fell in love with the 1911 while serving in the Army. I'd like to have several that I sold or traded off over the years as well. I have been working on building up my collection and have purchased these 8 in a little less than a years time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.