What do face masks and gun control have in common - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-27-2020, 05:46 PM

What do face masks and gun control have in common

They're BOTH neccessary because of the incognizant and mindless savages inhabiting this country.

Some of us promote a "reasonable and considerate" level of health and safety without being told. We are responsible and respectful.

I'm sick of getting punished for those that continuously make poor decisions.

The chronologically experienced will most likely ignore this or remind me not to get my panties in a bunch over the bad-apples 🙂

Either way our liberties are getting FUBAR
Old 06-27-2020, 06:36 PM

Face masks are usually necessary. Gun control....NO.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:51 PM

Face masks are a freakin' joke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 06:54 PM

To the OP: so you were wearing a mask before all the covid hysteria?
Old 06-27-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAW View Post
I'm sick of getting punished for those that continuously make poor decisions.
You can thank arrogant and selfish CHINA for this mess...
Old 06-27-2020, 10:36 PM

I take offense at those who seek to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I've heard their points of view, and wholly reject them as unconstitutional and meriting responses that perhaps aren't appropriate for a family friendly forum.

In regard to efforts to control Covid-19, which is hopefully a short term problem, I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate, including views of those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases and controls over their spread.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 06-27-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
I take offense at those who seek to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I've heard their points of view, and wholly reject them as unconstitutional and meriting responses in that perhaps aren't family friendly.

In regard to efforts to control Covid-19, which is hopefully a short term problem, I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate, including views of those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases and controls over their spread.
Well said!
Old 06-28-2020, 12:29 AM

face masks = a get out of jail free card for criminals. That's all.

The corona thing? if you can smell a fart, your mask is worthless.

It's 110% about undermining Trump, that is all. All of this.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:36 AM

agreed.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate
One side is that even if N95 masks were required, a mask is not adequate protection alone. It should be used in conjunction with eye covering as well but that's not even being recommended by "those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases".
Therefore, like most gun control, its NOT doing a damn bit of measurable good. Sure seeing people with masks on gives one a false sense of safety.

Whats another side to this?
Old 06-28-2020, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate
One side is that even if N95 masks were required, a mask is not adequate protection alone. It should be used in conjunction with eye covering as well but that's not even being recommended by "those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases".
Therefore, like most gun control, its NOT doing a damn bit of measurable good. Sure seeing people with masks on gives one a false sense of safety.

The ‘other side’ is consideration of others. You’re approaching this like many do, the ‘it’s about me’ line of thought.

If you’re infected, it’s entirely possible even a simple mask may help you keep it to yourself.
Old 06-28-2020, 02:52 AM

Old 06-28-2020, 05:54 AM

Face masks don’t protect anyone from contracting a virus. They’re meant to help stop asymptotic carriers from infecting people around them in public.
I’m not thrilled with wearing a mask but if I want to keep working, keep my project moving forward, & my crews healthy it seems like a very simple way to get through this.
It’s not about YOU, it’s about showing people you come in contact with some respect.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:06 AM

I am seeing a large percentage of folks wearing their mask over the mouth only. I have not seen any messages in/on the media addressing this. The uptick in Covid cases has not addressed the protesters but blames the bars. Better get the toilet paper again!
Old 06-28-2020, 06:08 AM

They're both propagated by idiots?
Old 06-28-2020, 06:48 AM

I wear a mask because my grand parents taught me (60 years ago) to be considerate of others.

For those of you who demand your “rights”, if I am a carrier, I do not want to pass along the virus to others.

Also, I have medical issues so I am more prone to disease.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:31 AM

What a perfect analogy. Band-aid, feel-good gun control measures and band-aid, feel good Covid 19 procedures. According to the Stanford University study and the U of Alabama study, the masks that people are wearing are all too porous to contain Covid's microscopic particles, those particles that infect and spread. Even the Gov't mandated N-95 masks will only contain/block a very small percentage of the virus.

Unless you're an experienced surgeon, and exceptionally familiar with the relationship between hand washing. sterilizing equipment, and facial mask protocols, the civilian populace's wearing of masks does nothing to protect anyone from anything. It's a feel-good, BS, statement of compliance. Somebody's dirty old, cloth mask that they've been wearing for a week is not protecting anyone from anything, and if anything, is less sterile than not wearing a mask. It may look like one is considerate of others, but that cloth mask is not blocking or doing anything to contain Covid 19. It works about as well as defunding your Police department to contain crime and restore law and order.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsvette View Post
What a perfect analogy. Band-aid, feel-good gun control measures and band-aid, feel good Covid 19 procedures. According to the Stanford University study and the U of Alabama study, the masks that people are wearing are all too porous to contain Covid's microscopic particles, those particles that infect and spread. Even the Gov't mandated N-95 masks will only contain/block a very small percentage of the virus.

Unless you're an experienced surgeon, and exceptionally familiar with the relationship between hand washing. sterilizing equipment, and facial mask protocols, the civilian populace's wearing of masks does nothing to protect anyone from anything. It's a feel-good, BS, statement of compliance. Somebody's dirty old, cloth mask that they've been wearing for a week is not protecting anyone from anything, and if anything, is less sterile than not wearing a mask. It may look like one is considerate of others, but that cloth mask is not blocking or doing anything to contain Covid 19. It works about as well as defunding your Police department to contain crime and restore law and order.
This ^^^
Well said. It has nothing to do with health and everything to do with compliance. It’s a a test run to see how far the citizens will allow the government to reach under false pretenses, just like the patriot act after 9/11. We’re so fearful of the unknown and have lost the ability to think for ourselves that we willingly hand over our rights as Americans for the promise of security, false though it may be.
I'm sure the 1911 was the Glock of it's time. Probably touted as being 100% reliable when it patently wasn't and it held a monstrous 8-9 rounds. The hardliners certainly said "If you can't get the job done in five shots, what's the use of carrying nine?"
~JetBlackGT
Old 06-28-2020, 08:37 AM

Thank you!
Absolutely correct, and what in the world is this courteous crap? I wear one when Iím forced because the cops will be called if I donít. Being courteous by following a futile procedure just makes everyone look stupid. Itís the same concept as the guy that they show wiping down a railing at Six Flags. Then 1000 people drag their hands over it, and dude disinfects it again. People drive around with their mask on and they are the only ones in the car! Nursing homes with the highest level of protection against this crap continue to fail. Sorry, Bubba with the bandana isnít doing anything. All of these chemicals used for ďdisinfectingĒ everything are a complete waste. Itís there, itís real, and the only way to protect yourself is to 100% quarantine. That, or minimize the odds by selective exposure.....a mask is a useless part of the CDC toolkit of ideas to give the public to make them think they are safe.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Dood, you just totally contradicted your opening post. Make up your mind so I can figure out your position.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:19 AM

I wear my mask if I am around people that are less than 10' away because my wife has medical issues. My company requires mask use when in places where we are less than 6' apart. Masks do stop spit globs from others from going into your nose and mouth, and glasses or safety glasses help keep the spit globs from going into you eyes which will get any bacteria or virus into your body as fast as inhaling it.

Problems with China that brought us the Covid-19 along with other viruses, go deeper than the Chi-Coms. China is more corrupt than a Sicilian Mofia Godfather's worst Nightmare going all the way from the Youngest Apprentice Bat Poacher to the Top.
Trump and many others have known this for a very long time. Manufacturers factor in the Corruption as a Cost of Doing Business.
Even the Chinese eBay sellers lie about what they are shipping and declare the item as a gift, sales sample, or state the raw materials cost as the selling price to get out of paying any Government fees.

May Azrael take all the Corrupt into his arms and deliver their souls to Lucifer.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Dood, you just totally contradicted your opening post. Make up your mind so I can figure out your position.

No contradiction here Sir...it might not be clear but I certainly know that these "masks" are BS and wearing them gives us a false sense of security when it comes to protecting "ourselves".
If the threat (CV9) was really that dangerous to the general population, we'd be required to use the "proper" PPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
If youíre infected, itís entirely possible even a simple mask may help you keep it to yourself.

The flip side is that wearing a mask prevents the spread, so the SICK should wear a mask to prevent passing it around. Asymptomatics aren't spreading this **** around if they are being diligent by washing hands and aren't sneezing and coughing on everything.

If testing is required to determine who's sick and NOT sick then require testing and maintain social distancing and get the SICK out of population.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:52 AM

"The Mask" is all about compliance.. Making the monkey dance. And it's even worse because it has the idiot population reinforcing the idiot compliance and idiot Monkey Dance.

I don't need folks telling me about "courtesy" or "compliance". Stop being a Monkey-training Monkey-Dancer.

All these Mayors and Governors need to be arrested, arraigned, and hanged: they've exceeded authority/mandate and betrayed their oaths over and over.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz 45 View Post
Face masks don’t protect anyone from contracting a virus. They’re meant to help stop asymptotic carriers from infecting people around them in public.
I’m not thrilled with wearing a mask but if I want to keep working, keep my project moving forward, & my crews healthy it seems like a very simple way to get through this.
It’s not about YOU, it’s about showing people you come in contact with some respect.
Bingo! But the real he men will be along shortly to tell you why they’re not afraid of anything.....
Old 06-28-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post

No contradiction here Sir...it might not be clear but I certainly know that these "masks" are BS and wearing them gives us a false sense of security when it comes to protecting "ourselves".
If the threat (CV9) was really that dangerous to the general population, we'd be required to use the "proper" PPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter59 View Post
If you’re infected, it’s entirely possible even a simple mask may help you keep it to yourself.

The flip side is that wearing a mask prevents the spread, so the SICK should wear a mask to prevent passing it around. Asymptomatics aren't spreading this **** around if they are being diligent by washing hands and aren't sneezing and coughing on everything.

If testing is required to determine who's sick and NOT sick then require testing and maintain social distancing and get the SICK out of population.
Sorry, but you earned your M.D. where?....... that’s what I thought. I’m taking my advice on this from my Dr., not any keyboard commando.