Dallas Gun Show today - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 11:07 AM

Dallas Gun Show today

Met my son at the Market Hall in Dallas where the biggest show in the DFW area occurs four times a year. It's usually sponsored by the Dallas Arms Collectors Association, but today it is sponsored by Premier Gun Shows. Never had to wait in a line of more than a few minutes for any gun show anywhere. There had to be more than a thousand people on line outside and it looked like a wait of hours to get in so we left.

I've been to this show way back in the mid-1990's when we first lived in Texas. Even when the Hall was filled with well over 1,500 tables, there was never a crowd like we saw today.

Orderly, friendly, and diverse crowd. All eager to acquire firearms, some for the first time no doubt.

Interesting times indeed.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:39 PM

we can only hope all these new gun owners vote red in November since Biden says he'll appoint Beto to get all of our guns
I'm a 1911 addict -- 9mm's: ACW Brimstone, Les Baer Stinger, Volkmann Combat Carry, Ed Brown Kobra Carry, WC Sentinel Compact, WC ULCC, WC Bobtail Professional, NH T4, NH Counselor and a G43 -- 38 Super's: GI Government, WC Professional, WC Stealth, WC CQB Elite, DW CBOB, DW Guardian, WC Sentinel Compact....and oh 3 mid 70's Colt Commanders out for a builds; NH, KGB and Mr. Yost.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:05 PM

I guess all the Trump supporters were in Dallas because they weren't in Tulsa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2020, 11:26 PM

Beto coming after our guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
we can only hope all these new gun owners vote red in November since Biden says he'll appoint Beto to get all of our guns
I am shivering in fright!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:40 PM
Administrator

I was in a local gun store today, one that jacked up the prices on all its guns and ammo just to stay stocked. 9mm range ammo going for $30 a box/50, 5.56 for $15 box/20. Well guess what? They are getting close to being sold out. The nearby competitor is closed and boarded up. These guys are still going and still packed with people coming in and buying up the place, crazy prices or not. And no I don't think all these new gun owners are going to vote pro-gun in the coming election. They're more the "I got mine, so go ahead and ban 'em for everyone else" type no doubt.

Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:07 AM

I vaguely remember Dallas Arms Collectors saying they were quitting the
gun show.

It was a great one.

Glad Premier is there, at least.

And glad to hear it's rolling big - Dallas style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope135 View Post
Met my son at the Market Hall in Dallas where the biggest show in the DFW area occurs four times a year. It's usually sponsored by the Dallas Arms Collectors Association, but today it is sponsored by Premier Gun Shows. Never had to wait in a line of more than a few minutes for any gun show anywhere. There had to be more than a thousand people on line outside and it looked like a wait of hours to get in so we left.

I've been to this show way back in the mid-1990's when we first lived in Texas. Even when the Hall was filled with well over 1,500 tables, there was never a crowd like we saw today.

Orderly, friendly, and diverse crowd. All eager to acquire firearms, some for the first time no doubt.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post

<snip>

And no I don't think all these new gun owners are going to vote pro-gun in the coming election. They're more the "I got mine, so go ahead and ban 'em for everyone else" type no doubt.
Breaks my heart to know you're absolutely correct. Prices are crazy on Texas Gun Trader as well. Glad I scored that Browning Hi Power when I did.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbee View Post
I guess all the Trump supporters were in Dallas because they weren't in Tulsa.
There were empty seats at the arena when Trump was speaking. But I bet there were still more at this event than Sleepy Joe has had at all of his events total.

I wonder if they are going to keep ole Joe locked up in his basement until the election?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildphil View Post
There were empty seats at the arena when Trump was speaking. But I bet there were still more at this event than Sleepy Joe has had at all of his events total.

I wonder if they are going to keep ole Joe locked up in his basement until the election?
I hope you are right on both accounts.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:11 AM

I like to see people exercising their right to purchase firearms, even if they pay a higher price than what I would personally deem acceptable.

Hopefully, most of these folk will vote Republican even though weak and imperfect the Republicans are when it comes to the 2nd.

Democrats winning the White House and the Senate would not bode well for people "like us."
Old 06-21-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet they were empty due to culling instigators holding tickets.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyfender View Post
I like to see people exercising their right to purchase firearms, even if they pay a higher price than what I would personally deem acceptable.

Hopefully, most of these folk will vote Republican even though weak and imperfect the Republicans are when it comes to the 2nd.

Democrats winning the White House and the Senate would not bode well for people "like us."
Unfortunately, I think we need a new party: the evidence we-the-people are being played by a Uniparty is persuasive and extensive. Too-damned-many RINO's and closet-liberals/dems wandering the halls.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
I'd be willing to bet they were empty due to culling instigators holding tickets.
I think that would be a good bet.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:43 AM

democrats have become un-tethered from the Constitution. They need to be disbanded and a new party with allegiance to the Constitution to take their place.

remember the whigs?

There's NO room for seditious political parties.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM

Democrats have NEVER had any use for our Constitution. Read the history of their party and you will be shocked. Most of the bad things that have happened to our Republic can be traced directly to the Democrat party. They have always despised the Founding Fathers and what they believed in.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:48 PM

Let me guess.

There had to be at least one entrepreneur there selling some kind of snake oil remedy for Covid 19.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
Democrats have NEVER had any use for our Constitution. Read the history of their party and you will be shocked. Most of the bad things that have happened to our Republic can be traced directly to the Democrat party. They have always despised the Founding Fathers and what they believed in.
You are correct. Only those that have cognitive dissonance and a willingness to not believe evidence concerning the democrat party - KKK, jim crow, carpet baggers, lynchings, and other assorted anti Constitutional behavior deny the facts.

Revisionist history, the fact that the nazi's took democrat laws and put them in place for the elimination of the Jews.

Now the democrats are borrowing from goebbles by telling the big lie and constantly pushing it and group think makes it stick in the minds of the weak.

democrats have to go!
Old 06-21-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
My wife was just telling me that this was reportedly what had happened with the tickets.

Last edited by wildphil; 06-21-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
My wife was just telling me that this was reportedly what had happened with the tickets.
I think there’s more truth to this then meets the eye. There are now news reports that some folks, teens it appears, reserved ticket with no intention of attending. Hmmm..........

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."

Last edited by tractor; 06-21-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
I think you can pretty well take that one to the bank. The majority here in Texas have made it very clear we think Beto's gun ideas are down right crazy. Gun ownership and Joe Biden in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:17 PM

I haven't been to the Dallas Gun Show at Market Hall in years. But it tended to always be a busy place. If you showed up before they opened the doors to the public, a big crowd would gather waiting. But I am sure that with all of the unrest happening lately, there are a lot more people interested in buying guns. So no surprise there would be a lot of people waiting to get in. Being something of a survivalist or prepper, I already had everything I needed. So I have little interest in going out to mingle with people.

Last edited by earlwb; 06-21-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 06-21-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
You can file this under NHAO (NHA's Opinion) but it is my belief that the Ctrl-Left Democrats were the Loyalists who, if they had their way would have us still Subjects under the Crown rather than Citizens of America.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:01 PM
Administrator

How did this thread devolve from talking about gun shows to yet another round-and-round regarding politics?
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:20 AM

Just a note about 9mm ammo. Natchez still has 1000 round loose blazer 115gr boxes for $247 . . not bad in these times. Sig is taking orders for self defense V Crown and Grab A Gun has self defense Federal HST 124 gr $19.95 20ct.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think we need a new party: the evidence we-the-people are being played by a Uniparty is persuasive and extensive. Too-damned-many RINO's and closet-liberals/dems wandering the halls.
Creating another political party will only split the good votes, making it easier for Democrats to win.

If you have noticed, the LGBTQ, Islamic, and atheists are in no way compatible to each other, but they all join forces under the Democratic party because they know who they work for.... the evil agenda.