Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Trooper
Well, I retired yesterday!

Now yo in a heap o trouble thar boi!

Now you "have plenty of time" to do all of the honey-do items our wife has been accumulating for the last two decades.

Now you "have plenty of time" to be the go-to guy for volunteers in your area.

Now you "have plenty of time" to help out all of your buddies that are still working.

Now your church will look to you for that extra time no one else seems to have.

Like I said, now yo in a heap o trouble thar boi!

Thanks for your service!
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married; TWICE!
Old 08-27-2012, 03:55 AM

Congrats Dave196 .........and thank you for all those years of sacrifices and service making the streets and our communities a safer place to live. enjoy your retirement because God knows you've EARNED it and then some.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM

New house is finished and we are weeding out 31 years of accumulated junk as we move in. Got my own range on the back end of my property, but have not had time to try it out. My boat still has not been used, but the wife has hinted she is ready for some "girl time" with her friends, so a fishing trip is coming soon. Hunting and football season are just a few weeks away too, and I bought season tickets for me and whoever wants to go with me to watch Texas Tech either do pretty good or totally embarrass themselves!

Last edited by Texas Trooper; 08-27-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Typing error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM

All the best Retired at 47 from the Feds enjoy and thanks for being out there!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM

Put in 27 years and pulled the pin 13 years ago. I've spent that time working part time in a gun store and occasionally doing backgrounds for new departmental hirees. I have developed back problems since retiring and walk with a cane most of the time. Someone recently commented that my problems came from all those years chasing bad guys. My response, "Nope. Came from what happened after I caught them". Best of luck to all retirees and for those counting down, Keep the faith !
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Congrats and thanks for your service! Approaching 23 here, finally, every minute of the day can be your time! *hats off*
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM

I retired as a LT in January 2008 after 34 years on the job. I do miss the clowns, but I don't miss the circus. Moved from NY to FL and am quite happy here. Pace of life is slower and there is "no snow". Congratulations to all who have stood their last roll calls and are now living the retired life. Enjoy and stay well!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfm1 View Post
I retired as a LT in January 2008 after 34 years on the job. I do miss the clowns, but I don't miss the circus. Moved from NY to FL and am quite happy here. Pace of life is slower and there is "no snow". Congratulations to all who have stood their last roll calls and are now living the retired life. Enjoy and stay well!
Dang, looks like I followed in your foot steps, but in 2010, with an upcoming move to SC.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM

On Oct. 13th I celebrated 24 years of retirement, getting the hang of it.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM

I retired in 1996 after serving 30 years.

-John Wayne
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 PM

this one goes out to all you loyal "Peace Keepers" or "public servants" thank you all for all your sacrifices and for those of you who are blessed w/heath and your benefits PLEASE enjoy them!!! because no one here misses that "circus" maybe some clowns and dummies but not the "circus or should I say "ARENA"

Last edited by Bvrtail; 11-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM

I retired in May and haven't looked back. I shoot once a week and ride a Harley everyday! Fishing is a added bonus, but I'm not taking up golf!

Jon
Benelli M4 x 2
Plus countless other toys
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM

Enjoying my semi retirement. I was forced off the job by an MVA and moved back home to WV. After a lot of therapy I passed a physical and took a part time slot with my hometown PD. Mostly I am the range officer/armorer/village court bailiff but I do get to cover a few shifts on patrol. All in all not a bad life however I'm sure that the local deer population would be much happier if I worked full time. Successful fall for me

Life Member NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION
Old 01-02-2013, 03:05 PM

Well, time to make it official. Pulled the pin as of 2359 hrs on New Years Eve. 26 years on the street was enough. It is time, and I am ready to ride off into the suset and enjoy retirement. NPD 503 end of watch.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Pete - congratulations on the retirement, now go find a hobby to stay busy with!

In June of 2001 I retired after 4 years of the Navy and 26 years of the Coast Guard; and in February of 2004 I embarked on career 2, as an active Customs and Border Protection Officer on the Northern Border between Ontario, Canada and Michigan. Start the countdown clock though, I turned 60 in July and with two artificial knees, a titanium plate in the neck, and a stent in an artery, I am moving towards retirement at 62.

I still do as much as (and in some cases more) the guys half my age but now I use a ladder to climb up into the back of a 53' commercial trailer - but that low crawl to the nose really sucks! I still have a lot of that "age and treachery over youth and ability" going but working 8 hours, then 8 hours of overtime, and returning to work in 8 hours is getting tougher and tougher to do! Besides that 15# duty belt, boots, and external worn vest with radio is getting heavier too.

My wife and her family (Colombia) have a condo in Acapulco and apartment in Bogota, Colombia (wife's) and a farm (call it more like a private family motel with 10 bedrooms, pool, Tiki Hut, tennis court in Melgar, Colombia, and a 3 b/r condo on the beach in Santa Marta, Colombia. (family owned). My wife and two sisters have started construction on a 3 unit condo in the mountains above Bogota (La Calera) to use as a retirement home. Two more years and no more winter snow!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Congratulations Sir! Enjoy your well deserved retirement
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Enjoy you're extended vacation, take care of your body and live a full live~ Travel the world!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Hey CWO4, I was USCG from 77 to 85, all east coast duty, BM2 at the end cause moving up would take me off the boats before I wanted to give up the spray in my face. Was at Little creek, Va on 82, Yorktown for BM school, Sta Montauk, Ny, and finished up at Sta St. Inigoes, Md.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 AM

late to the party!

Congrats capt pete! even though I'm late to this party ha ha
your new assignment is to enjoy your well earned retirement and now live for yourself and loved ones God bless ya
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Pete - Coast Guard from 75-01; up to SKC then CWO (F&S). I left Airsta Cape May in 77 and the only other times I was on the East Coast was CGHQ from 88-91 and Key West from 92-96 and 99-01. Everything else was either west coast or one of 4 9th District units including 4 years in Cleveland...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Congrats to the OP and all the other retirees on this thread. I retired 12/31/11; Four years Navy, 40 years VA Medical Center. Still hard to believe I'm that old and I don't have to get up and go to work. What a change, speed of light to a standstill.

Last edited by 1toughdog; 01-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Congradulations brother! Enjoy the time you deserve it!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Congrats to all retirees. I've been retired since March 3, 1993. The only things I miss are shooting on the pistol team and the camaraderie.

NRA Life Member
Retired LEO and Former NRA Certified Police Firearms Instructor
Former Hunter Safety Instructor
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Retired 03/01/2005 heart issues, I also miss trips to Jackson, Miss. for the NPSC's and Rangemaster, training and quals. Retirement has allowed more time for USPSA/IDPA and club matches and training others.

I especially enjoy defensive handgun training professional women. This is a fast growing niche in our industry. I have access to an indoor range and provide one on one training. Less pay but way more fun.

"First Freedom" Defensive Handgun Training

X's and 10's

John, Retired LEO, POST Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Ben, NRA Certified Inst.

Last edited by jjfitch; 03-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post
Retired 03/01/2005 heart issues, I also miss trips to Jackson, Miss. for the NPSC's and Rangemaster, training and quals. Retirement has allowed more time for USPSA/IDPA and club matches and training others.

I especially enjoy defensive handgun training professional women. This is a fast growing niche in our industry. I have access to an indoor range and provide one on one training. Less pay but way more fun.

"First Freedom" Defensive Handgun Training

X,s and 10's

John, Retired LEO, POST Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Ben, NRA Certified Inst.
Congrats on a great retirement job! Wish you were closer. I'm dreading training my left handed wife. She doesn't take instruction well from me. She's not carrying in our new home state unless she has more than a 8 hr class. My pistols, my rules.