Retirement!!! - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 AM

I retired in 03. My wife let me have 3 months of retirement and then decided my charm was too much to handle 24/7 and said I had to find something to do. Apparently going to the range 2 or 3 times a week and drinking beer after didn't qualify with her as I was having too much fun. I spent a couple of years doing security part-time and then bit the bullet and went back to the only thing I know how to do. I now work part-time for 3 village PDs. It's alot different than working for the state, no productivity pressure and admin is alot less anal and I get to be the Dinosaur in 3 different places. Now if I could get the other 2 depts. to let me carry a revolver I would have it all.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseless Trooper View Post
I retired in 03. My wife let me have 3 months of retirement and then decided my charm was too much to handle 24/7 and said I had to find something to do. Apparently going to the range 2 or 3 times a week and drinking beer after didn't qualify with her as I was having too much fun. I spent a couple of years doing security part-time and then bit the bullet and went back to the only thing I know how to do. I now work part-time for 3 village PDs. It's alot different than working for the state, no productivity pressure and admin is alot less anal and I get to be the Dinosaur in 3 different places. Now if I could get the other 2 depts. to let me carry a revolver I would have it all.
Sweet!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Congrats to all the retirees!!! I retired as a City Detective in 2002 after 29 years on the job. I took my talents to the local Sheriff’s Office and worked four days a week for their bureau for another almost 4 years leaving there in early 2006. I moved to the private side as a bank investigator a week later, that was over 6 years ago now. Working year 39 now. Getting a bit tired now but don’t regret a minute of it. I have a younger wife, she has two years to go and we are both going together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 PM

Congrats! I've been eligible for a few years and very soon will be following the same path.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM

After 27 years

Congrats to all the survivors. You need to stay healthy and happy for as long as you can. Draw that retirement money as long as you can. I pulled the plug on June 30,2011. 4 yrs. Willits Police,2 yrs. S.P. Railroad Police,5 yrs.California State Police,15 yrs. CHP. Also 6 yrs. U.S. Navy Sea Bees and 6 yrs Air Guard. Moved to Oregon to be with my 8 grandchildren. It's a blast.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM

I retired 11 years ago after 31 years on the job with the Chicago PD. Retirement is a great stage in life and we Band of Brothers who are fortunate to still have a pension can see how things are changing for those coming up behind us. I had a great career and made several lifelong friends and now life is even better. I just consider retirement as a new stage in life and plan to make the most of it. Good luck to all my fellow retirees on the forum.
Here's a photo relaxing on Cebu Island, Philippines.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02608.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 11:53 PM

I am working on 23 years active duty in the USAF, and 15 years as a civilian instructor for the USAF. I'm thinking about finally hanging it up and retirement.
“When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21
Major, USAF RET
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM

On my 59th birthday, August 6th, I am pulling the pin. The last 23 years as a deputy sheriff. 1 year as a university police officer. 9 years as a probation and parole officer. it been a lot of fun but its time to go. To everybody still working please be careful. My prayers are with you.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 AM

Texas Trooper CONGRATS!

I retired from the Fort Worth PD Jan 1st this year after 30 years there and 4 in the USAF. this retirement gig is the best job I have ever had! Although I think I'm busier now then when I was at the PD.

Sarge

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...p/CIMG0653.jpg

Last edited by Logansar; 07-06-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Some can handle retirement,some cannot.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM

Been a year since I retired after 32 years LE and 4 USAF LE K9. ONLY thing I miss is flying the helicopters.

All I can say - If it was any better, I'd have to be twins!

I did go back to work part time. Now I get paid by a firearms company to travel and work the booth at the major conventions and shows.

What a deal. I get paid to go places I have been paying to go for many years and talk about guns all day! Plus, I get a great discount on product. Does not really get any better than that.

Never make much money as I usually buy more product than the paycheck covers.

At least I have GREAT new gear!

Last edited by ChopperGuy; 07-07-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:42 PM

I'll say this... just like anyone else, there are good LEOs, and there are individuals that should NEVER be allowed to be an LEO. In any case, I respect anyone that put up with the mess that our country has become and made a career out of it. Enjoy your retirement, because I have no doubt that the knuckleheads of today made you earn it.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM

I retired as the chief of police for my agency on June 1, 2004 with 29 years 10 months of service. I then ran for city council and was elected to a seat on the council where I serve as the council liaison to the police department. After two four year terms I plan to completely retire from public life on Nov 1st of this year and enjoy what time I have left. I would not swap careers with any man but having said that, I'd hate to go back through the rough times again.

7th
Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM

I retired a week ago! 26 years service.

Last edited by NABodie; 07-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Congrats on retirement! Im Jealous! Im looking to pull the plug in the next year after 29 as an LEO. Its just not the same as it used to be.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM

Congrats!

6 mos I'll meet elgibility with 28yrs of service. Look forward to boys football games and doing nothing (for awhile).
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 AM

God bless all of you for all your sacrifices this one goes out to all my brothers and sisters who keep the rest of us safe and for those of you who have lost your partners , your marriages, and your sanity...........( because lets face it, it takes a special kind to this job day in day out ) GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOU SAFE!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:51 AM

TexasTrooper, congratulations and good luck. I retired in 2001 after 30 years in the military; started in the Navy (4 yrs) and then 26 in the Coast Guard.

After fooling around for 3 years and 4 jobs, I stated working for Customs and Border Protection in 2004 and now am working harder then ever. The money is good though and I try to make a difference at the border.

Between my retirement check and salary I have an adequate supply of money to support my wife and my habits, custom knives and guns...

Try to stay busy though, nothing worse then after 30 years of work then to sit back and rest on our laurels...
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvrtail View Post
God bless all of you for all your sacrifices this one goes out to all my brothers and sisters who keep the rest of us safe and for those of you who have lost your partners , your marriages, and your sanity...........( because lets face it, it takes a special kind to this job day in day out ) GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOU SAFE!
Thank you. You forgot one, lost your health.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Congratulations to all who have made it to retirement. To everybody else...hang in there and be careful. I retired 3 1/2 years ago with 30 yrs service at 53. After six or seven months I actually went back to the same agency as a part timer. I get to pretty much work the hours/schedule I want to work or not work and can always walk away if I want. The pressure and stress are gone now with this arrangement and I make some extra "play" money.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Congrats and thanks to all those brave men and women who sacrifice/sacrificed so much in order to help the streets stay safer
Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Congrats to all LE retirees!! I retired in 1999 after 28 years of service and went to work FT the next day in corporate security. 13 years later and I'm still in corporate security, leading a great bunch of folks in a multinational company.

I'll be 66 this month and am PLANNING my retirement, but it won't happen for a couple of years. I need to be sure my retirement house is paid off!

Always fun to chat with former LEOs and sad to see that some of my contemporaries are in poor health and passing on. Great memories with great people!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:59 AM

After 27 years on the job, today I received a promotion to the rank of Retiree! It was a fun ride with plenty of road blocks and obstacles along the way. Moments ranging from boredom to sheer terror. I'm glad to make it to the end relatively intact. Looking back I have no regrets and wouldn't do anything differently. Now it's time to turn the page and start a new chapter.

Congratulations to all who have made it and thank you to all who carry on the fight!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 AM

Congrats Dave196! Its been almost 2 years for me. Enjoy being "off the job".
Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM

Congrats to all my LE brothers who made it to the finish line....alive and (hopefully)with your sanity intact!!!

It's coming up on 2 years since I retired and life is truly sweet after you realize that you made it in one piece. It's very strange now, being able to be with family on the holidays and not be woken up in the middle of the night for a call out. There is life after law enforcement...