1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Rules for posting course and/or event announcements

While it is highly encouraged to post notifications of upcoming training courses and events, this forum is not a venue for free advertising. Regardless of whether you are the instructor or host, you must be a productive member of the forum. You are expected to contribute to the discussions and failure to do so will potentially result in the revocation of your privileges and the deletion of your announcements.

Word of warning: If your first forum post is for marketing purposes, expect it to be deleted!

Last edited by David Blinder; 09-16-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM

It would be very helpful if the posts/post titles contained the entire name of the state the training is held in because two letter state abbreviations are not accepted by the forum search engine.
It is bad to have to fight. It is worse to have to fight and lose.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Blinder View Post
While it is highly encouraged to post notifications of upcoming training courses and events, this forum is not a venue for free advertising. Regardless of whether you are the instructor or host, you must be a productive member of the forum. You are expected to contribute to the discussions and failure to do so will potentially result in the revocation of your privileges and the deletion of your announcements.

Word of warning: If your first forum post is for marketing purposes, expect it to be deleted!
I see a lot of advertising and exceptional bios but there seems to be very little interaction from some folks (who get paid for instruction).

Did I say that out loud?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

OK, so why is it there is a ton of advertising for classes but very little interaction amongst us shooters?????
We do two classes a week for 45 weeks and can't advertise here but I try to interact with the shooters here as much as possible.....
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mick,

Who told you that you couldn't post course announcements?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned

My boss. But it's not a forum related issue......
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

So you are just whining? Not cool!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Banned

Actually I have no intent to whine or be difficult. I am a full time contract DT/Firearms instructor after retiring from a PD and SO but I enjoy the interaction with other shooters. I could advertise training that is independant from my employer and have no further interaction like happens here but I prefer to discuss topics with my peers.
It seems there are literally dozens of advertisements by those who have no intention of interacting with the rest of us...
Why is that????
Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

You may not have intended to whine but it came across that way with you initially implying that the forum prevented you from posting courses when in fact, you have personal restrictions that keep you from doing so.

As to your question, I would never be so presumptuous as to speak for others but in the +20 years I conducted training, I was always cautious about posting "advice" as I worried about others not having the proper context to utilize it. Fwiw, I do know quite a few highly regarded trainers scrutinize this forum and others but never post as they don't want to water down their worth and/or prefer to avoid pissing matches. As for the ones who do post courses but don't interact in other meaningful ways, they are counseled to participate or find somewhere else to post.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Blinder View Post
You may not have intended to whine but it came across that way with you initially implying that the forum prevented you from posting courses when in fact, you have personal restrictions that keep you from doing so.

As to your question, I would never be so presumptuous as to speak for others but in the +20 years I conducted training, I was always cautious about posting "advice" as I worried about others not having the proper context to utilize it. Fwiw, I do know quite a few highly regarded trainers scrutinize this forum and others but never post as they don't want to water down their worth and/or prefer to avoid pissing matches. As for the ones who do post courses but don't interact in other meaningful ways, they are counseled to participate or find somewhere else to post.
Maybe I could have worded the part about posting better as that wasn't my concern at all (political and funding issues). I know some trainers who feel like the only way they will talk to you is if you pay them to do so. Others are not like that at all and share whenever possible. Then there are the guys that actually have their own websites to expand the interaction as well. You might see them on the weekend interacting at a local match. We had a local trainer here in TX who stopped shooting with us on the weekends as his financial partner said it didn't
look well that he was not shooting at a higher level and that was hurting his training business. I guess when you are trying to make a living at training it can make a difference.
Technical advice is something to be careful about but the biggest thing I think shooters should hear for advice is to avoid using deadly force (or other degrees of force) unless you can carefully evaluate and ascertain what is needed with great scrutiny. That is something not easy to come by....

Last edited by Mick0610; 04-30-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Banned

Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum and so happy to see such a great info here. So many things i came to new here* and the way you guys describe everything here sounds amazing. Thanks for all your work will back soon for more updates.