Officer Down - End of Watch - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 AM

Jamie's family and fellow officers are in my prayers. May God be with them.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipacka1911 View Post
On 9-13-13 Rockwell Iowa lost an officer. Jamie Buentine a 12 year police veteran was shot and killed while trying to bring Corey Trott into custody for an outstanding warrant. Buentine was a member of a regional SWAT team and a firearms instructor.

Trott surrendered and is charged with first degree murder. He is in custody at this time.

Buentine leaves behind a wife a 2 children. My heart goes out to his department and family.

I'm asking that all Iowa officers and any officers that which to do so wear their black bands over their badges in honor of Officer Buentine.

Rest now Buentine your tour of duty is complete

Jacob
Muscatine Iowa City Police Department

My condolences on behalf of the Forum Staff. This has been merged into our stickied End of Watch thread.

Fin
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 AM

On june 22 2002 at 5:09 pm, I lost my brother to a turd fresh out of prison for assault on a police officer. You have my sympathy and best wishes. I know what your going through.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/16311-de...anthony-herzog
Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 PM

"As soliders we expect death and accept it . . . as officers we expect to usher peace, only to have our hearts shaken by the truth of our world."

In my city 90% of the documented crime is committed by the same approx 900 repeat offenders . . . in a city of nearly a million. The officers lost in my area over the last several years were killed by men who spent half of their lives in and out of the system. Why were they ever let out . . . .
Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:25 PM

I am not a LEO but it still hurts to hear of the loss of good men and women!
CAR A3 HBar Elite 24" barrel
SIG SAS P238
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with them. It's always hard to hear about a brother or sister in blue answering their last call.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Prayers for their families.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderTroll View Post
Santa Cruz PD lost two outstanding officers today in the first line of duty deaths in the history of their department.

Detective Sgt. "Butch" Baker (28 yr veteran) and Detective Elizabeth Butler (10 year vet) were both shot and killed while conducting a follow-up investigation on a violent sexual predator.

I was one of several deputies and officers who led the paramedics in to assess the down officers. We all see a lot of death in this line of work we're in. If I go the rest of my career without seeing a deceased person lying on the ground with a badge and handcuffs on their belt it will be too soon.

While stacking up to do house to house searches, a gunbattle erupted on the next street over. I haven't heard that many bullets fired in a loooong time. My dog and I sprinted as quick as we could to get there, along with my buddies, but it was over before we arrived. The suspect had been killed after he opened fire on two perimeter units.

Just to tie this in with a firearms forum, I'd like to add a quick comment on mind set. Nothing is ever "routine". Secondly, when you shoot someone, don't expect instant results. The two perimeter officers who shot and killed the suspect were both armed with M4's. Their comments were that they couldn't believe that after hitting the guy multiple times with long guns, it seemed to be having no effect at all, and he was still shooting back. Please don't get into the false mindset of expecting hollywood results. Keep cover, concealment, distance, and escape routes in mind even during the gunfight.
I don't come here often and when I do I often don't check the stickies.

I was there too. One the first units on scene. I knew them both well.

Butch was the FTO Sgt. when I started. He helped calm me down and get through FTO. Butch was the poster boy for ADD. Annoying but once I learned it was his nature I would just sit and watch the show.

Beth was the opposite. Very calm and stable. We didn't always agree on how to do the job but we got along well enough that I enjoyed being around her. We ended up talking about our kids a lot. That was my last good memory of her.

The OP and his department are a class act. This is what was waiting for us when dayshift hit the streets after the SO let us grieve.

[IMG][/IMG]

We owe the SO a debit I hope we will never have to repay.

To tie it into this forum I had these grips made for my court gun, a Colt CC.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster1960 View Post
On june 22 2002 at 5:09 pm, I lost my brother to a turd fresh out of prison for assault on a police officer. You have my sympathy and best wishes. I know what your going through.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/16311-de...anthony-herzog
So sorry to hear about your brother. Thanks for the sacrifice he and your family have made to make the world a better place.

Cacop, I appreciate the kind remarks, the feelings are mutual. And I love the grips, a very fitting tribute!
Old 01-05-2015, 11:49 PM

To my NYPD Brothers, RIP.

My sincere thanks to Jet Blue and the Narcotics Unit of the 84Pct.