Remington Rand 1911's - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-24-2016, 12:46 PM

You're very welcome, Kestrelman, thank you. I'm glad to hear you've decided to keep them umodified. Heirlooms are priceless and just plain special. Are you going to be shooting one? Honestly, If I were you I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to take one out and shoot it every once and a while.
My advise to you would be to enjoy them If you want to (while still taking care of them obviously).
Collectible pistols though they are, they were made to be shot and you just can't take them with you.
Thanks
Best of luck -Ray
Old 04-24-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Sounds like you're in the same boat I am... no heirs and no family, friends or relatives interested in firearms. If my wife outlives me I hope she will follow my instructions to have everything auctioned off. Of course I wouldn't be around to know or care what happens, but if she did something rash (like tell the police to come and get 'em) it would really suck.
I am in the same boat also. No kids and if I outlive my brother then there is no one to leave them to at this point. It may change as a nephew gets older but I am thinking that my executor auctioning them might be the best route. The cash can then be directed where needed.

If it catches my eye or is a great deal I may grab it.

Relatively new at 28 years of owning various firearms.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:51 PM

I agree with RayTheGreat although we are talking about brand new REMINGTON RANDs here they are not exactly "one of a kind collectibles", so I think perhaps I would shoot one every once in a while, just for the sake of it... well I think, or perhaps not... now that I think about it, I own several 1911A1s and a couple of 1911s SPRINGFIELD nothing exceptionally rare actually, but they're all safe queens...
Old 04-24-2016, 06:10 PM

It's all a conundrum isn't it?
No real options to pass down to family members.
To keep or not to keep?
To shoot or not to shoot?
Hold onto until what? They bury me with them?

I posted on another forum a rarely fired Dan Wesson 744 stainless Monson and heard the same arguments about firing it. And it sits in my safe with all the barrels, new old stock.

But that is different and hasn't the same connection...

As long as my Mom is still kicking, these Rems will belong to me. Perhaps on a day when she's with my father again, I'll take them out and fire them at the sky.

Afterwards, I may find someone who appreciates what they represent, sell them and hope they will teach their grandson what these tools were used for.

(On a side note: I have firearms I've recently bought and haven't even fired yet...)

Last edited by kestrelman; 04-24-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:54 AM

kestrelman

In all honesty I'm the last person that could give you and advice, since despite what I say (guns are made to be shot otherwise they're just expensive paperweight) as a rule of thumb I always feel sorry to shoot collectibles even if they are not that rare...

Kind regards.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt3097 View Post
Those are without a doubt the cleanest and best condition Remington Rands I have ever seen...... Congratulations, you have quite an investment there. Take good care of them.
Thanks.
Something I've realized here after looking at all the variables in what makes a firearm more valuable is in the provenance of what comes along with it.

Buying something online (gunbroker...) has inherent "I'm taking the sellers word" dangers. Caveat Emptor if you will.

I see posts here of potential buyers asking questions of something they are interested in picking up, but are unsure.

To have everything documented in irrefutable form?

Priceless?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:28 PM

Since it looks as though Photobucket is committing internet suicide I'll take this opportunity to place these on the table and sip a cognac in remembrance. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-05-2017, 11:39 PM

NRA Receipt

Does your paperwork look like this? The picture no longer exist. My grandfather gave me this pistol in 1980 but not the paper work, just cleaned out my parents house and found a box of my grandmothers keepsakes and saw the NRA receipt last week, can't believe after all of the years and all of the moves that the documentation still exist.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0732.jpg  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 AM

Your picture is no longer available, does it look like mine? I got my pistol from my grandfather about 1980. Just found the receipt last week after cleaning out my parents house, can't believe it made it that long and from that many moves.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0732.jpg  
Old 01-28-2018, 11:47 AM

Photobucket got greedy and all the photos disappeared. Could the moderator place this image back on the first post?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:51 AM

Here is the DCM paperwork and boxes.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:29 PM

A pair of unissued 2.4s! Man, that might make me want to put together a twin rig.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelman View Post
Here is the DCM paperwork and boxes.
Deggum!
Old 01-04-2020, 11:27 AM

Been some time since I posted.

I have received more of my Dad's collection if you're interested. Here is the link on the S&W site if it is allowed.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...ught-home.html
Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 PM

thanks for reposting your pics. those things are real beauties! WOW!!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:02 PM

I understand and appreciate the cache of WWII Colts but am especially fond of Remington Rands. Terrific looking pistols, boxes, documentation. Well done.