1911Forum banner

Remsport Slide with Stormlake barrel

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Hopknockious 
#1 ·
I made a mod to commander last year. The remsport slide is a true commander at 4.25 inches. Storm lake barrel is the 4.25 inch length with the shortened / correct at the end of the lugs with correct short bushing.

When I went to assemble them, the fit was “operationally” perfect. The engagement is very good, and the shroud to breech face is almost flush. I did almost no fitting.

Anyone else have this experience using these two manufacturers?

#4 ·
That’s very interesting. I hear nothing but high praise for Caspian in general so it’s a surprise to hear you say that. Have you worked much on both?

I realize I could and should go to a Kart or similar barrel, but I’m not sure I will see much gain. I mean I will not put 25k rounds through this nor am I that good of a shot to notice the accuracy improvement.

#5 ·
I agree. My experience with Remsport has been good. I had a small issue which they resolved quickly.

#7 ·
Smart move with the thicker flange. I had to return a remsport barrel that was too long. And by too long that even a thick flange could not fix the issue. Good looking pistol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.