Railed NN in.... .40S&W - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 06:55 PM

Railed NN in.... .40S&W

Seeing that I get a crazy amount of .40 for free and that I love shooting a 1911 vs the issued Glock, I figured it was time. I have a SACS build and a Baer in 45acp that I use for USPSA. Time spent reloading vs doing stuff I need to do justified the cost. I contacted Derek back at the beginning of Sept and inquired if Alex was willing to build one in .40. Derek had to ask the boss. I think telling him that I will only be shooting factory Federal American Eagle 180g and not reloading helped. Not sure it helped any telling him it will likely see around 1000 rounds a week helped much.

Shooting 45 in comp, .40 and 9mm for work always threw me off so I plan on this being my primary competition and work trainer.

11 weeks after the build sheet was agree to, I got it. Could not shoot it the day I picked it up, 11/25 but shot 150 rounds of AE 180g and 50 rounds of HST 180g on 11/26. Banged out another 750 rounds of AE and 50 rounds of HST today for a clean 1000 rounds.

There was not a single issue. NO problems feeding or ejecting.

Slide to frame fit is better than my LBCC. Super precise with absolutely zero play even when out of battery. Barrel fit is insane. Very smooth to cycle and the thick bushing is almost tight enough for a bushing wrench but I can just manage to turn it by hand. Leaves some impressions for a few minutes in my finger after turning it though. The thumb safety is super crisp and my thumb is hurting on the top from activating it. I do wish it wasn't so tight pushing it up but deactivating it is super nice. As others have stated before, there are no machining marks inside or out. The attention to detail is incredible.

Ill keep this updated as I get large round counts done.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2542.jpg   IMG_2550.jpg   IMG_2552.jpg   IMG_2553.jpg   IMG_2554.jpg  

SACS built Loaded.
Les Baer CC Canyon Creek worked.
GI NN railed .40S&W.

Last edited by ripdog28; 11-27-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdog28 View Post
Seeing that I get a crazy amount of .40 for free and that I love shooting a 1911 vs the issued Glock, I figured it was time. I have a SACS build and a Baer in 45acp that I use for USPSA. Time spent reloading vs doing stuff I need to do justified the cost. I contacted Derek back at the beginning of Sept and inquired if Alex was willing to build one in .40. Derek had to ask the boss. I think telling him that I will only be shooting factory Federal American Eagle 180g and not reloading helped. Not sure it helped any telling him it will likely see around 1000 rounds a week helped much.

Shooting 45 in comp, .40 and 9mm for work always threw me off so I plan on this being my primary competition and work trainer.

11 weeks after the build sheet was agree to, I got it. Could not shoot it the day I picked it up, 11/25 but shot 150 rounds of AE 180g and 50 rounds of HST 180g on 11/26. Banged out another 750 rounds of AE and 50 rounds of HST today for a clean 1000 rounds.

There was not a single issue. NO problems feeding or ejecting.

Slide to frame fit is better than my LBCC. Super precise with absolutely zero play even when out of battery. Barrel fit is insane. Very smooth to cycle and the thick bushing is almost tight enough for a bushing wrench but I can just manage to turn it by hand. Leaves some impressions for a few minutes in my finger after turning it though. The thumb safety is super crisp and my thumb is hurting on the top from activating it. I do wish it wasn't so tight pushing it up but deactivating it is super nice. As others have stated before, there are no machining marks inside or out. The attention to detail is incredible.

Ill keep this updated as I get large round counts done.

Awesome! Congrats. I’m in for the updates and more pics once you get some rounds down range. Looks like a really great gun and I, for one, like the front cocking serrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benchmark Precision SA RO 9mm Operator Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: Beretta 92G Brig Tac, Beretta 92G CC STI Staccato P DUO 9mm
Old 11-27-2019, 09:46 PM

Ask, and yee shall receive.... Very nice and congrats.
I just got my 4th GI last month. They’re phenomenal pistols.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Ask, and yee shall receive.... Very nice and congrats.
I just got my 4th GI last month. They’re phenomenal pistols.
HAHA, this one has me debating on selling the others to fund another in 9 or 45.

SACS built Loaded.
GI NN railed .40S&W.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:07 AM

What's the mag capacity for .40?

What's the checkering LPI front & Back? How's it feel? Is it rough like a cheese grater?

How do you manage to get free 40?

Beautiful gun.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdog28 View Post
HAHA, this one has me debating on selling the others to fund another in 9 or 45.
After 38 super and 9 mm, the last 2 have been railed commanders in 45 on the left and bobtailed LW 9mm.
Attached Thumbnails
DE1F00E4-A1C2-4025-A8DA-16D0110137A3.jpeg   F420B6F3-0F52-485A-B8CA-829089F9FE9F.jpeg  

Last edited by Plantar5; 11-29-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
What's the mag capacity for .40?

What's the checkering LPI front & Back? How's it feel? Is it rough like a cheese grater?

How do you manage to get free 40?

Beautiful gun.
15LPI front and back. I have a Springfield custom build that has 20LPI that hurts after 500-600. Took a while to get used to. The 15LPI is not so sharp but feels grippy. I enjoy the 15LPI better so far. It is totally different than the 30LPI on my Baer. The Baer is super comfortable but the 15LPI lets you know you have a solid grip.

SACS built Loaded.
GI NN railed .40S&W.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Just got over 3,000 rounds down range. Did the first complete tear down and cleaning. Gun ran great. Had one issue around 2,000 rounds where it had hammer follow. Only happened once and I am not totally sure it was not me doing something funky with the trigger when it happened. But it did not happen again. Really impressed with the gun.

SACS built Loaded.
GI NN railed .40S&W.