1911Forum banner

10 round mag/ 20 body

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  chrysanthemum 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a vendor who makes a AR15 10 round magazine in a 20 round body?

#3 ·
He may have trouble getting the 20-rounder to begin with, unless Magpul is willing to modify the magazine prior to shipping to NJ.

#5 ·
Also checkout Lancer Systems L5 AWM 10/20 Advanced Warfighter magazine 10-round capacity with a 20 round polymer body.

They're probably out of stock now, I've seen them at Midway USA and are available in 3 different colors, opaque black, opaque flat dark earth and translucent smoke.

If you can't find some try to get notified when they're re-stocked.

#6 ·
My S&W AR-10 came with a ten round magazine.

I can not imagine that they would be all that hard to find.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I prefer the 20-round length over the 30s. In fact I shoot with my 20-rounders 90% of the time. True 10-rounders are too short and are difficult to grab. It's kinda like Goldilocks said, the 20-rounders are juuust right.

#12 ·
Awhile back, I wanted some 10 round 7.62 mags for my REPR. Ordered a couple from LWRC, but when I received them, I was ticked, because they were 10 round capacity in 20 round mag bodies. Thought I was actually ordering short 10 round mags.

I just removed the pin and used them as 20 rounders. My point is, that the only thing restricting their capacity, was a rivet that went all the way through the mag body. So, if you have some 20 rounders laying around, you might be able to make your own, just ensure that the mod is permanent (rivet vice removable screw) in order to be legal.

Attachments

#15 ·
I have an AR10 and use it as a deer rifle. It came with a 20rd mag which is fine; however, I bought two 10rd mags to use when hunting. I find a shorter mag doesn't get hung up on the brush, and luging around more than 20rds is unnecessary since there have been many years when all 20rds go back home unfired in the box!

#16 ·
Colt AR's used to come with standard 20rd mags that had a U-shaped piece of sheet metal limiting the follower travel to load only 5 or 10, and a POP rivet in the floorplate to prevent sliding it out. Drill out POP rivet and WA-LA!

#17 ·
The absolute worst 10-round mag I ever encountered was the one that came with an early post-AWB Bushmaster I bought. It was a standard mag that had literally been cut in half and riveted back together again to create the shorter length and reduced capacity. It also jammed all the time, so it became a target in very short order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.