1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:07 AM

University of Texas Protest

Hard to tell where to post this absurdity. Wonder how they would fare against a mass shooter/ murderer:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/us...=top-news&_r=0
Old 08-25-2016, 08:12 AM

The stupid part is now only is it Texas Law, It was reinforced by Federal Court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM

Dupe dupe dupe dupe or earl dupe dupe dupe of earl ;-)

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2016, 08:21 AM

Too many yankees in Texas these days...
Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 AM

18-22 year olds + a number of professors.

Products of the education system.

Thankfully not all share such ridiculous sentiments; but too many do.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 08-25-2016, 09:08 AM

F--k you seems to be the prevailing thought here.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:28 AM

I wonder who paid for all of the "toys"...I bet it didn't come out of anyone's pocket. Probably some campus organization or special interest group.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:32 AM

Sad testament to the state of critical thinking skills at institutions of "higher" education.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 AM

I guess they don't remember the shooter in the Tower thirty years ago.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM

That university is a hotbed of leftist liberal progressive ideas and brainwashing. The liberal immigrants all seem to gravitate down there to be near more of their kind in Austin. Texas itself is pretty conservative on the other hand.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:03 AM

Cruz led a campaign in Texas to make sex toys illegal. If successful, these students would be committing a crime protesting something that is legal, with something that isnt.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert Cannon View Post
Hard to tell where to post this absurdity. Wonder how they would fare against a mass shooter/ murderer ...
The prediction that I could make with great confidence, requires language I do not use for such purposes. Don't bring a toy to a gun fight.

What's truly astounding is that so many -smart- people can be so foolish. Not a lot of use giving out the lyrics here where only the choir will read them. <sigh>
Old 08-25-2016, 11:42 AM

At least they found something they excel in....
Old 08-25-2016, 11:53 AM

UT is just like every other large university. Its controlled by and overrun with liberal dimwits and the city of Austin where its located is a true bastion of liberal idiocy.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
UT is just like every other large university. Its controlled by and overrun with liberal dimwits and the city of Austin where its located is a true bastion of liberal idiocy.
And the new right to carry on campus law just eats them up.

And gives me one of the fewer and fewer chuckles I get these days...
Old 08-25-2016, 01:10 PM

So I guess in the case of sexual assault, they want to thrill the attacker, not kill him/her/it.
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Sure, I'm willing to shoot your Glock, just hang it up there with the rest of the targets. COTEP #35
Old 08-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evets5321 View Post
I guess they don't remember the shooter in the Tower thirty years ago.
Fifty years ago. But your point remains equally relevant .. +1911.

From myself on past Forum post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
Among the details long since forgotten, on that day in 1966, when word first started to go around the campus about a man firing a gun, few people knew where, or in which building, he was located.

In the student Union Building (perhaps elsewhere as well), a rumor was circulating that the gunman was on the top floor of the Union Building and was working his way down, shooting people as he went.

No one in the Union Building was armed; no police of any kind were present. People suddenly realised, with at least some shock and horror, how defenseless and desperate they were if the rumor proved true. And the gunshots were audible, even indoors, although I suspect that someone experienced with shooting would have guessed, from the sound, that the shooter was likely further away.

Within about ten minutes of the rumor's circulation, most people inside of the Union Building fled outside, in other directions, with some undoubtedly walking directly into Whitman's line of fire, as that was the direction immediately facing the main entrance/exit of the Union Building in 1966. (if Whitman had been on that side of the Tower at the moment in time, which is something we'll never know).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
^^^^

I was 11 years old at the time. Dad was a Professor of Sociology. Whole family was there (not uncommon as we had only one car), that day, and walked across from the Sociology building (think it was Garrison Hall) to the Union Building for lunch at about the time it all started. In retrospect, Whitman was probably shooting in a different direction (four possible directions) when we walked in front of the Tower. We discussed the clearly audible blasts, Dad thought it was probably related to construction in progress at a different building ... not a clue, among us at the time, that there was a man in the Tower shooting at people. Our first knowledge of a serious problem was the rumor I described above.
It is not fun to be unarmed when an evil-minded person is around ... a lesson that has always stayed with me.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 08-25-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:24 PM

Chrysanthemum, you are correct, it was 50 years ago this year....wow, time races on. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.....
Old 08-25-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1afli View Post
I wonder who paid for all of the "toys"...I bet it didn't come out of anyone's pocket. Probably some campus organization or special interest group.

Probably taxPAYER dollars
Old 08-25-2016, 01:33 PM

Direct from the horse's mouth: (oops, I mean student newspaper writers):

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/2016...carry-protests

In some of the campus newspaper's photos, some of the female students appear exceptionally eager to receive their "toys" ... Hummmm .... Could the "real" motivation have possibly been different from the nominal protest?

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 08-25-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:34 PM

UT, Austin, not surprised, disappointing, entertaining, but again not really surprised.

A small group got others to pay attention to them. Not sure how this would play out for recruitment, but it did reinforce why my money and kids have not and will not ever go to UT.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
Too many yankees in Texas these days...
and waaaay too many artsy, fartsy Californians courtesy of the entertainment industry ..
Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ahhh, young adults that are educated beyond their intelligence...it seems to take little to engage them in entertainment of some sort. If one of them ended up sexually assaulted and was on video as carrying around an artificial phallus, how would that be argued in court that they victim wasn't "advertising"? It is apparent they do not consider the consequences of their actions much; not surprise for the intellectually "disarticulated" that are coming through the universities these days.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
so i guess in the case of sexual assault, they want to thrill the attacker, not kill him/her/it.
lol
Old 08-25-2016, 03:05 PM

Unfortunately, liberal, anti-gun, ideology is a disease aflicting, to at least some degree, all 50 states and all significant cities, places, etc.

It would be great if we could point to only a few specific places as being infected by the disease, and then isolate those places, but IMHO we deceive ourselves if we think the disease is not present in our own state, city, etc.

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 08-25-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread