1911Forum banner

Springfield GI 'Micro'?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  halfinchhole 
#1 ·
Anybody have one? Impressions? TIA

#3 ·
I just sold mine,a LW loaded Micro OD, to a friend with regrets,but needed the $. Quite frankly the reliability isn't a problem anymore as much as recoil still is.
The shorter slide bucks more making shot strings take longer. The steel frame GI would be better but for less wieght a LW compact, has a longer slide for faster shooting and the grip is just as short(the hardest part to hide).
Of course LW frames cost more. If $$$ is an issue, the GI Micro is best concealable gun bargin out there by far IMHO.
On a side note, don't buy the "armory coat" black or green. I carried mine twice mexican style, and it wore off quite a bit. Only a little less than krylon.

As JammerSix forgot to say it, let me "GOOD LUCK" :cool:

#4 ·
shooter1202, I shot a Micro at the range one day I decided to fool with rentals. And I didn't like it very much. I've shot both the V10 Ultra Compact and a fullsize, and the Micro just kicked around too much that it wasn't fun to shoot. Of course size has everything to do with it and that's the smallest frame. And if I were looking for a .45 carry 1911, it'd be at least the Ultra Compact or Champion sized pistol. I know many folks don't think a gun has to be "fun to shoot" to be used as a good carry weapon, but what fun is having a gun that you hate shooting? Just my wonderings :)

#6 ·
I have a Micro Loaded. When I received it, I had a few FTF's and FTE's. I sent it back to SA, and they replaced the extractor and did a little polishing on the feed ramp. Since then, I have put about 1100 rounds thru it, and it has performed flawlessly. With the Micro, no limp wristing is allowed, and I do not feel that the recoil is that big of a problem. Get whats fits you best for the intended purpose.

Jammer6 just lays in wait for anyone to ask about a Micro. There is not one company that puts out a quality problem 100% of the time. I had a problem, SA fixed it and I am totally satisfied. My buddy bought a Micro GI.....not one problem and these babies are accurate. Mine will do 1 1/2" at 25 yards.

#7 ·
Mine functioned the same as the above poster... Had some FTF and FTE when I first purchased it. Sent it to SA for some minor work and when returned it ate everything I ever fed it without a hitch.. Put atleast 4-5k through it with no problems..

I recently traded it for Kimber tactical pro 2 so I could have the longer barrel and full length grip..

I however have no complaints about the micro compact.

#8 ·
works for me

I like mine.My gi micro came with the feed ramp polished like a mirror.I got 8 extra factory mags(loaded coupon) and broke them all in.I carry and shoot this gun with complete confidence.I am surprised at how accurate it is.I got got this gun specifically for carry-but have enjoyed shooting it too.This weapon is a great value as far as being a carry piece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.