1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 04:57 AM

Desert Eagle 1911 models

Hello Gents!

Just quick question... I am about to purchase a 1911, and I am very interested in the Desert Eagles, specifically de 1911C and U models.

Can anyone share their experiences, be it positive or negative, before committing to purchase?

I am very attracted by the C model, due to the size... not the perfect carry size, but definitely more manageable in the grip department.

All I have heard or read related to reviews are good... can you Gents share your experiences or comments/recommendations?

Greatly appreciated!
Old 10-15-2018, 04:21 PM

I own a full size (G) and compact (U). Can't say enough good things about them. Several thousand rounds thru each with no problems. I didn't care for the black front sight, so replaced them with Dawson Precision Sights (fiber optic for $35.00). Some complain and whine about the "roll mark" on the slide, not a reason to pass on this fine firearm, you can't see it when shooting. Lay it down on the left side and get over it. This will make a few mad, I also own a Kimber, and both the G and the U came with better triggers. BUY IT!
Old 10-16-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD springer View Post
I own a full size (G) and compact (U). Can't say enough good things about them. Several thousand rounds thru each with no problems. I didn't care for the black front sight, so replaced them with Dawson Precision Sights (fiber optic for $35.00). Some complain and whine about the "roll mark" on the slide, not a reason to pass on this fine firearm, you can't see it when shooting. Lay it down on the left side and get over it. This will make a few mad, I also own a Kimber, and both the G and the U came with better triggers. BUY IT!
Many thanks for your input; I am positive I will be purchasing this week... it is the model (C or U) that has me in this conundrum. I am really leaning towards the C, even thought bigger (and me measuring 5' 7").

I truly love the Commander size, and having had both sizes in the past, I feel that the Commander size is very much manageable when using it.

BTW, You have a Springer, too? I have a 2000 model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2018, 01:04 PM

I don't own a C model, but found the U to be very easy to conceal. I'm 5' 11" about 170 lbs and can hide it under an untucked T shirt. The U is very easy to handle, with less felt recoil than I expected, due to the relieved trigger guard that lets you get your hand a little higher on the grip. Out to 10 yds I find it to be as accurate as my full size G. Which was a pleasant supprise.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM

'98 flsts, was seen in the Heritage Springer Owners Association (HOSA) 2009 calendar. Small world haha, buy which ever DE you feel comfortable with and don't look back. Fine firearms!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:42 AM

De1911

which did you buy? where is your springer located?
Old 10-27-2018, 06:18 AM

I have a C I purchased almost two years ago and have been amazed how well it shoots.
The trigger is as good as my customs.
Don't care for the billboard, but I can certainly live with it.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:51 AM

Interesting point about these guns....try to find a used one for sale. ?
Old 12-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM2 View Post
Interesting point about these guns....try to find a used one for sale. ?
Agree. I bought mine in 2012 and wouldn't consider selling it. Just had it out to the range last week, and if fired perfectly. What a great gun.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:44 PM

Only had mine a few months, but REALLY like it. Was in the market for a 1911 in 10mm. Then saw my 1st DE at a LGS. Had to put the 10mm on the back burner & grab this up. The billboard is still there, but it's been toned down a bit. Did finally nab my 10mm last week ( Ruger SR1911 ). Wonder what the OP finally decided on.
Attached Thumbnails
unnamed.jpg 8 (2).jpg