3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bigbore 
#1 ·
a bone-stock Silver Chrome 9mm HiPower

....btw, I am glad I got some 'correct' mags back in '94

See less See more
#6 ·
I'll just give a link:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1514448&a=11442751&p=49837244

Don't know why it's so fuzzy, the scanned photo was fine-- is that Photopoint or my scanner?

Anyway-- front and rear sights made from barstock and tritium inserted, full-profile screw-in bushing made from barstock, Bar-Sto barrel, pre-and-overtravel taken out of the trigger linkage, checkered on the frontstrap and backstrap. One of the other boards had a discussion going about thin frontstraps on BHP's. I have a checkering form that makes this much less of a problem-- the points are still at 90 degrees (which I prefer over 60 degrees, especially for a carry gun), and you can still go 20 LPI, but they are only half as deep. The hammer has also been lightened. Since this photo I have changed out the hammer for one less radically lightened, as this pistol has relocated, its raison d'etre has become more serious, and replacement parts are no longer just a phone call away for it. The front sight is pocketed in and silver brazed in place, the rear sight is dovetailed in, everything zeroed, and then cross-pinned along the slide's axis, underneath the FP stop. Should be able to beat my way out of an overturned taxi without losing zero. It waits with 5 13-round mags, 1 20 rounder, an Alessi Hideout holster, and an oldy-but-goody JGS holster and double mag pouch (from Behlert Custom Guns ca. 1983).

#7 ·
This is the backstrap of the above described BHP.... so as to be able to see how the backstrap checkering follows the contour of the backstrap (also so as to re-learn how to post a pic here). Unfortunately the gun is unavailable for a better pic.

[This message has been edited by Ned Christiansen (edited 06-08-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.