1911Forum banner

RIA picture thread!!!

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  geeq87 
#1 · (Edited)
:rolleyes:

#29 · (Edited)

This is my RIA Compact and my Armscor Enhanced in a Beltster from Bandera Gunleather. www.banderagunleather.com

Scott is a great guy and will treat you right if you want one of his Beltster's. They are very comfortable and I sometimes forget that I am carrying at all.

#30 ·
twinhairdryers said:
How do you like the J-point sight? Also, did you get the mounting plate that fits Kimber 1911, or i've seen some that just say "standard 1911"?

thanks
I really like the J-point sight. Seems to hold zero well after changing batteries too. I did have some problems with intermittent operation after the original battery died. Shimming the replacement battery with plastic electrical tape under the contacts seems to have solved the problem. I picked up some Duracell 2032 cells and they look a little larger than the Chinese 2032 I got from a computer shop were (at 1/4 the price of the Duracell!) so that may be the solution. OTOH some tape and the cheaper batteries are livable. I got about 4000 rounds on the original battery that came with it.

I used the "standard" GI 1911 base. Drove out the RIA rear, drove in the sight base, installed the J-point, zeroed it and then loctited the base-to-slide setscrew.

The Novaks sight base should fit the Armscor enhanced model rear dovetails. I got my RIA specifically to install the J-point since the small GI front sight would not be a distraction. I think the J-point could be improved if the sight base had a hole or channel in it so you could use the front sight in a pinch if the battery goes dead at an inoppertune time.

--wally.

#34 ·
Ivan, twitchyfinger walked me through on the picture posting. I was not getting it on my own!!! You need to send him an Armscor towel Ivan!!!!

#35 · (Edited)
Auto mag,
It was no problem at all both I and others really wanted to see your fine pieces! Plus, thank you for the lead on that belt! I am going to have to get me one of those belts. I do like my Milt sparks IWB, and my Galaco paddle but the thought of having a belt that doubles as a holster is very cool!!! Thanks!

Ivan,
You being a man who stands behing his product like you do, takes the time to show his support in forums like this one is plenty thanks enough for me!!!

:rock:

#37 ·
twitchyfinger, thanks for your reply!!!! You will like the Beltster. It is really hard to tell by the picture but the gun is real secure in there.

As for Ivan........he is the greatest!! He always posts on the problems that he reads about in the forum and does not try to avoid them.

#48 ·
cosmonaut, the gun looks great!!! If you like the grips then they are not tacky!! I think that they are very different from what you normally see on a handgun but I think that they are cool looking!!!!

#50 ·
Auto Mag said:
cosmonaut, the gun looks great!!! If you like the grips then they are not tacky!! I think that they are very different from what you normally see on a handgun but I think that they are cool looking!!!!
The grips are tacky but, I really like them:) I got them mostly because I hadn't seen them on any other guns.

I bought the ria as a beater and it has really won me over.