Feedback from Freedom Series 45 Riptide Owners - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 12:48 PM

Feedback from Freedom Series 45 Riptide Owners

For those of you who own a Freedom Series Riptide in 45, what are your opinions on the gun since taking ownership? Craftsmanship? Materials? Functionality? Accuracy? Value?

I saw one of these in an email from Kentucky Gun Company a while back and my interest was piqued. Not familiar with the company or the product, however.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-22-2019, 12:20 PM

I, too, am interested in this. Dan Wesson 1911s offer some of the best bang for the buck in the 1911 world. But CZ has been moving away from favorites such as the Valor and on to aluminum frames.

If Fusion’s quality and customer service are on par, their options are much more varied.
.45 ACP 1911s: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Colt, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Build No. 1
www.discovering1911.com
Old 06-22-2019, 11:06 PM

I don't have a riptide but from what I understand, that's an option group that comes on the basic Freedom series line. My Fusion CCO has been excellent in fit and finish with very good accuracy and reliability. I've had it for almost two years now and have about 5k rounds through it. If it helps, Bob Servo, the owner of Fusion used to own/run Dan Wesson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne3593 View Post
If it helps, Bob Servo, the owner of Fusion used to own/run Dan Wesson.
That I didnít know. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:31 AM

mhl6493, I don’t own. Fusion .45 Riptide but do own/built one of their 6” longslides in 9mm and have to say it is probably my favorite 1911 to shoot, just easy shooting and makes me look good. It’s a very good shooting piece with a lot left in the accuracy dept.

Bob Serva and his family have been very supportive with my build and ownership over the time i’ve Owned my longslide, frankly it just works, tight and smooth as glass. Highly recommended.

Last edited by passx; 06-28-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:18 AM

While not A Riptide I have their Bantam as my CC. The build quality and materials are top notch and as reported the action is smooth as glass. While not a range gun, it's pretty darn accurate too. It has also fed any ammo that I've run though it, +Ps, FMJs, hollow points and Corbon Pow'RBall without any hiccups. I highly recommend the MFR!
Old 07-03-2019, 07:41 AM

Thank you for the supper comments!
Old 07-03-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
While not A Riptide I have their Bantam as my CC. The build quality and materials are top notch and as reported the action is smooth as glass. While not a range gun, it's pretty darn accurate too. It has also fed any ammo that I've run though it, +Ps, FMJs, hollow points and Corbon Pow'RBall without any hiccups. I highly recommend the MFR!
Just curious as to why the Bantam is not a range gun. I have an aluminum framed officers size and an aluminum framed defender size in .45 and they are just fine on the range....the recoil from the Bantam should be less....

YMMV

Lon
Old 07-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
Just curious as to why the Bantam is not a range gun. I have an aluminum framed officers size and an aluminum framed defender size in .45 and they are just fine on the range....the recoil from the Bantam should be less....

YMMV

Lon
Short barreled 1911s (and any other pistol/rifle for that matter) typically fall behind their longer barreled brethren when it comes to accuracy. If I were to buy a 1911 for the range it would have a 5" barrel or be a 6/7" longslide. For CC, for me, size trumps down range accuracy, especially since most defensive actions are in the 5' to 10' range in which you're locked in a point 'n shoot situation. As far as recoil, all things being equal except barrel length, the larger, longer barrel gun will have less perceived recoil due to its increased mass.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 AM

I have 3 of the Fusion Freedom series pistols and love them all. Been excellent shooters for the money. Accuracy has been very good with all 3 pistols. Groupings are great especially with my old tiered eyes. The one I 9mm I fit a Fusion 38 Super barrel to and she is real fun to shot. I'm saving for a Riptide next, probably in 9mm and with magwell.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:07 AM

Saved up enough and now ordering a Christmas present for myself. My new Fusion Riptide is on the way in, can't wait.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:43 PM

I just handled and looked over all the basic versions of the Freedom Series at the Fusion Firearms display at a distributor show. I was blown away by the fit and finish of the pistols and the quality materials used, cocobolo grips, no plastic bits and appears to be a fantastic value. I think a Longslide 10mm and a Gold or Reaction 9mm with a extra 38 Super barrel are in my future.

The slide to frame was tight, action was smooth like glass and trigger pull was very good. Rivals some $2-3k 1911's I've handled.

Looks like a nice classic looking 1911, can't wait to shoot one!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:29 AM

Thank you all for your super comments!... The Riptide series has been doing super well, giving customers many custom shop upgrades with not a custom shop cost. 3 Models in the riptide series, Commander with mag-well, Commander with Carry cut and Defender model, Thanks again for all the support and making the Fusion Freedom Series such a success!!.. fuisonfirearms.com