1911Forum banner

Frame Quality

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Roger90 
#1 ·
Him I'm seriously considering building my own commander size 1911 using a finished frame. I'm looking at Fusion frames because I can drive to Fusion and pickup my frame without the heartburn and cost of FFL to FFL shipment. Does anyone have any advice on the quality of Fusion frames and practicality of what I want to do?

Thanks
Roger

#2 ·
I bought a couple of the basic CS frames when they were on sale for $160 each. I was pleased with the quality. The slides I had chosen, fitted snugly, and I was initially able to manipulate them by hand, with moderate effort, with no pounding, to get full travel. No additional work needed. Just oil it and shoot it. The beavertail cut needed very little blending to match up with the grip safety. The frontstrap was cut true, for a good checkering result. Overall, these frames seem to be machined to very close tolerances, for easy fitting with quality milspec parts, having no tool marks or cosmetic flaws. I have not shot more than a few thousand rounds through them to testify on their longevity, but I am not worried.

The only criticism, is that the serial number is laser engraved, and not that deep. Depending on how the frame is polished or finished, it might become barely legible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.