1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 08:44 AM

Antifa leader killed by Police in Oregon

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/ant...#axzz5eCBwvmDb

Looks like the war may be coming sooner than we thought. This guy was a leader of the local Antifa group who taught gun training and tactics to members. He also was a Vet of Iraq and Afghanistan. This guy was so far left he could only see red and hate. Kudos to the local police on this!
God is on the side of the best shots.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:49 AM

I am glad that it appears to have been a clean shoot.

Additionally I am glad that nobody was hurt.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 AM

WONDER WHY WE DIDN'T SEE THIS ON THE NATIONAL NEWS ???? (sarcasm)

In fact - given the gear in his backpack, a mass school shooting may have been his plan.

Good riddance IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 AM

Kudos to the police for stopping this nutcase. Another example of criminals ignoring the laws. But the far left, like usual, still consider it unjustified again.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Chapman View Post
Looks like the war may be coming sooner than we thought. This guy was a leader of the local Antifa group who taught gun training and tactics to members. He also was a Vet of Iraq and Afghanistan. This guy was so far left he could only see red and hate. Kudos to the local police on this!
Thanks for posting Mike ..... when it comes to the increasing numbers of LE recipients of fatal shootings the war has already begun. Reflecting on my near 3 decades of LLE and FLE the last ten years with the effects of the Obama and Holder team has rapidly increased the tacit approval of the lefty whacko's "war on LE". Sad to pull the trigger on a vet, but obviously, he took the wrong road and bought and paid for a dirt nap. Sickening for all concerned.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:04 AM

Thanks for posting. Nobody reported on this.
I wonder if LE had this kook on their radar.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Additionally I am glad that nobody was hurt.
Reminds me of the line from Huck Finn. "Was anyone hurt?" "No, ma'am. Killed an Antifa, though."
Old 01-31-2019, 11:00 AM

Had this guy been a conservative, NRA, GOA or just a CCW holder this would have been front page news. Instead the commie gets a pass even when he violates the "gun free zone" and tries to kill LEOS.

More dead commies to come. They will get what they want soon enough.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:12 AM

These are the kind of nut jobs that we are dealing with:

"Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/ant...#ixzz5eCpw65qn
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

"Supporters of Landeros do not believe the shooting was justified. Lauren Regan of the far-left Civil Liberties Defense Center said that their organization would hire outside experts to review the shooting footage. Landeros was of Mexican and Filipino descent. She believes his ethnicity played a role in police deciding to use deadly force."

They think he was killed because the officers were racist. Yup, the wing-nut mentality is going strong with those people.

This country is going in a real bad direction, and the Political Tribalism coming out of DC is making it worse.

Please be aware that there is also a member named Tom R. He and I are two different Site Members.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:21 AM

Sad to see anyone get killed, but anybody who goes to a school with a gun and a backpack of ammunition deserves to get the big expulsion.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:27 AM

It was on national news. Here in San Diego, 1000 miles away, it was on the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen.

Funny how that banner works. They show a ton of "fluff" on our local news stations. Stories about Active Seniors dance classes or fundraising efforts by students. Meanwhile, at the bottom of the screen it says: "Canada Nuked By Sweden" --- you know, REAL news that actually matters.

So I guess I don't WATCH the news as much as I read it like subtitles in a Kung Fu movie.

----- Anyhow, this story was also carried by NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS, and Newsweek. Google it to see.

And keep in mind that although 100+ people get shot dead every day in the US (not counting suicides) they generally don't get the big coverage this one did.

To me, it sounds like the press response was appropriate for the incident & the folks involved.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:10 PM

It looks like someone is trying to get even with the police department.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...confrontation/
Old 01-31-2019, 12:24 PM

I noticed the article was datelined Eugene, Washington but the news was an Oregon based paper. Was this in Oregon or Washington? I have family in the Springfield/ Eugene Oregon area.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfut808 View Post
Sad to see anyone get killed, but anybody who goes to a school with a gun and a backpack of ammunition deserves to get the big expulsion.
Why? Shouldn't the intentions of the individual matter? If you say that schools should remain gun free, and this one was; how did that matter to the offender?

In my opinion, so called gun free zones are ridiculous and don't offer any protection against those who are determined to cause harm.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasig View Post
WONDER WHY WE DIDN'T SEE THIS ON THE NATIONAL NEWS ???? (sarcasm)

In fact - given the gear in his backpack, a mass school shooting may have been his plan.

Good riddance IMO.
I had to review this one, thinking it may have been a different story.

This is relatively old news, it was reported, at least I saw it on TV, I don't remember if it was national or local news (I'm not local to the story), but this incident happened on 11 Jan 19.

https://www.officer.com/on-the-stree...-middle-school
Old 01-31-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmkivseries70 View Post
I noticed the article was datelined Eugene, Washington but the news was an Oregon based paper. Was this in Oregon or Washington? I have family in the Springfield/ Eugene Oregon area.
Oregon.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtq View Post
I had to review this one, thinking it may have been a different story.

This is relatively old news, it was reported, at least I saw it on TV, I don't remember if it was national or local news (I'm not local to the story), but this incident happened on 11 Jan 19.
This is typical for the third hand reports by various sites. They only picked up on the actual news days after the fact then they send it out. People that subscribe to these sites don't pay attention to the date and believed that it just happened.

A friend of mine do this to me all the time. He would pick up a late report, like 6 months late, from his favorite source and would send it to me. I then tell him that the US Army adopted the new M17 pistol a year ago, etc. You get the idea.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:13 PM

Shot handling a pistol in a gun free zone...
Old 01-31-2019, 01:24 PM

As the biased msm burries this report, the third hand sites at least forward the news even late that the msn wants to bury.
The technique by the msm is to report once (page 8 in the news paper days) low profile then bury it.

They then can say "we are not biased see we reported that story".
Old 01-31-2019, 01:24 PM

I was reading about the IEDs found outside the Eugene, OR Police Dept. after this shooting at

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...fter-shooting/

They suspect it was antifa in retaliation for this shooting but at the bottom of the article is a video of an antifa group in Chicago starting a self defense training course.
If you want a real good laugh check it out on that site or here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-8v2tPUZOY

Some of these idiots are actually dangerous because they are so stupid.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:43 PM

Kudos to that officer. He saved his partner's life and his own, as well as the lives of bystanders, most likely. I'm blown away. Unless he was just really lucky -- which is possible because the darndest things do happen in combat -- his tactics were fantastic. The guy was drawing from concealment on the other side of the officer while fighting with him, and the officer managed to neutralize that arm, to stay in the fight while the guy was shooting, and to draw and put a round in his head. The guy wasn't that small, either, and was amped up. Again, kudos to that officer. Good training, good tactics, good thinking, good reactions. He deserves a medal and a parade. Sadly, with politics being what they are today, he'll be lucky if he keeps his job. Sad state of affairs in our country.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:06 PM

Saw this previously, but had no idea that the deceased perp was affiliated with Antifa.
Don't see that he gave the officers any other choice.

NRA Life Member
RSO
Old 01-31-2019, 02:25 PM

Fantastic police work.
Grim situation.
Hi Standard Sentinel Deluxe
S&W Model 19
Old 01-31-2019, 03:23 PM

Old 01-31-2019, 04:19 PM

It was Eugene OREGON Didn't have anything to do with ANTIFAH
just about a custody dispute.