Has anyone here been personally affected by the "Floyd" riots - Page 10 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 04:52 PM

And NO, I'm not a "lefty" for suggest this instead of a Ma Deuce or flamethrower.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:54 PM

They will probably end up employed by CNN or MSNBC.

It hasn’t gotten any airplay At All yet either.

Last edited by Plantar5; 06-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
I actually have a tactical nighttime anti-riot device idea:

It's a powerful strobe light, mounted on the front of a rifle-like shoulder stock. One can dazzle the rioters with this setup, with super annoying, very bright flashing. Tactical flashlight style.

But here's the real trick to it: The cop wielding this thing does so while looking through a clear 10'v10" screen mounted where the receiver would be.

This screen Auto Dims just like an electronic welding mask. So all the cop sees is the rioters interspaced with microsecond, momentary darkness. The lights & the screen "fire" in perfect cadence with each other.

So the cop's view would be similar to the look of very early motion camera films. A bit herky-jerky maybe, but not too bad.

Meanwhile the idiot bottle-throwers couldn't see much of anything with 25 cops aiming these at them. Unless they all owned welder's masks.

That's my idea.
.... and this equipment is industry standard in LE agencies, nationwide, in sufficient quantities, right now....? It can be deployed in the next 2.5 hours when the sun goes down?

Courses of Action development is a deliberate process. Potential CoAs must be feasible, suitable, distinguishable, and complete.
Not really passing the "feasible" test. The equipment doesn't exist, in sufficient quantities and deployment, to execute the plan. Its not particularly "complete" either- what do you do with the hundereds or thousands of hald blinded terrorists?

However, 5-block for creativity.....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 06-01-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Still haven't heard anyone offer a realistc, viable plan to control and contain the ongoing terrorism.....
Broad authorization of business owners to defend with whatever means necessary, no fear of lawsuits from people who are blatantly ignoring the rights of others.

Same rules if any lethal force is used vs police or individuals.

It's very simple to identify people who are breaking the rules, just make it legal to act against them and this will sort itself out quickly

LA riots had people simply taking to the roofs and making it very clear to rioters to not mess with certain areas of business, it worked well and that's all it would take to get this to stop and serve as a deterrent in the future
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland

Last edited by Striker2237; 06-01-2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:18 PM

Now they are talking about Reparations again to appease the Mob...OM-Goodness...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
.... and this equipment is industry standard in LE agencies, nationwide, in sufficient quantities, right now....? It can be deployed in the next 2.5 hours when the sun goes down?

Courses of Action development is a deliberate process. Potential CoAs must be feasible, suitable, distinguishable, and complete.
Not really passing the "feasible" test. The equipment doesn't exist, in sufficient quantities and deployment, to execute the plan. Its not particularly "complete" either- what do you do with the hundereds or thousands of hald blinded terrorists?

However, 5-block for creativity.....
Local PD used this Memorial Day weekend on a crowd because they were not social distancing. They ignored it!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Now they are talking about Reparations again to appease the Mob...OM-Goodness...
I just heard that also.... BET founder Bob Johnson, whats he been smokin?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM2 View Post
Local PD used this Memorial Day weekend on a crowd because they were not social distancing. They ignored it!
How many of these devices were employed, and under what conditions? Whil there's been talk of such things for years, there's no indication that they're actually effective....
So it doesn pass the "suitable" test either...
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 06-01-2020, 05:29 PM

wccountryboy ---------------- ??? I don't understand your response. I just invented this hypothetical light contraption in my head.

I didn't say that I made 10,000 this morning & shipped them to LE nationwide for use tonight!

Also, what do you mean "what do you do with with hundreds or thousands of half-blinded terrorists?"

------------ The same thing you do with thousands of tear-gas half-blinded terrorists, of course! You let 'em sit on the curb until they recover.

Which is the desired result of nearly all anti-rioter devices. Make the fools take a time-out.

I think my idea, in theory, is at least as sound as tear gas, seeing as how it's more directable at specific targets and cannot be thrown back like a canister can.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:31 PM

???????? really, there's an auto-dimmer equipped strobe gun??

Somebody beat me to it?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
wccountryboy ---------------- ??? I don't understand your response. I just invented this hypothetical light contraption in my head.

I didn't say that I made 10,000 this morning & shipped them to LE nationwide for use tonight!

Also, what do you mean "what do you do with with hundreds or thousands of half-blinded terrorists?"

------------ The same thing you do with thousands of tear-gas half-blinded terrorists, of course! You let 'em sit on the curb until they recover.

Which is the desired result of nearly all anti-rioter devices. Make the fools take a time-out.

I think my idea, in theory, is at least as sound as tear gas, seeing as how it's more directable at specific targets and cannot be thrown back like a canister can.
The question was:

What is a realistic, viable option to bring this violence to an immediate halt. If your "device" is just a figment of your imagination, then its neither realistic nor viable.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt- there's been talk and experimentation with light based, less lethal technology.... my mistake...

The desire result of anti riot devices is not a "time out". Its a "quit and go home"....
Old 06-01-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
I just heard that also.... BET founder Bob Johnson, whats he been smokin?
They wanted a plan, we got one, Holly God, God Bless President Trump, did you watch his speech? Possibly his best speech to date...I'm still metabolizing it! He is all in at this point.

It may be ugly for a while, but it has to be done, can't put up with anarchy, they have to feel some pain to motivate them to stop.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:04 PM

"time out" "quit & go home" Tomato Tomaaaato. Same idea.

I just checked around, there is no Auto-Dimmer equipped riot strobe device that I could find. So the cops are stuck with the same lower-powered ones that also bug the user.

And yes, this is just conceptual.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Still haven't heard anyone offer a realistc, viable plan to control and contain the ongoing terrorism.....
A good start would be to never, ever vote for any Democrap.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:21 PM

I enjoy watching some here double and triple down on libtard.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
"time out" "quit & go home" Tomato Tomaaaato. Same idea.

I just checked around, there is no Auto-Dimmer equipped riot strobe device that I could find. So the cops are stuck with the same lower-powered ones that also bug the user.

And yes, this is just conceptual.
So your "plan" is science fiction- just drivle and white noise...
Old 06-01-2020, 06:36 PM

Like everything you own once was? Yes.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Btw, the tech already exists in many forms. So the only "fiction" in the science is that it has not been used in this application.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:

One man, one vote.
That would be a democracy. We have a republic, if we can keep it. Representation, rather than mob rule.

That said, congress critters seems to represent mostly their own interests, that of their rich buddies, and outside moneyed interests.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Like everything you own once was? Yes.
So completely not realistic or viable for 02 June 2020....?

Got it. You have no clue how to address this terrorism today...
Old 06-01-2020, 06:49 PM

Can't argue with the overall sentiment; except for this: We don't have the luxury of choosing good over bad. Unfortunately, many choices are between bad and terrible.

Quote:
I voted for Trump. But that doesn't make me willingly blind to his flaws & those of the Republican party.

Either something, overall, is good or bad. What camp it's aligned to is not relevant to it's merit.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Plantar5 ----------------- Yes, he won via the directorial college. And lost the Popular.

I have always thought that was lame since I first head of it in Social Studies when I was in grade school in the 1970's.

One man, one vote.
Flat un American. We live in a Constitutional Republic, not a representative democracy. This is by design, to prevent high population densities from trampling the other 99% of the real estate of the nation.
If you're political awareness hasn't evolved since grammar school.... that probably can't be fixed.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
They wanted a plan, we got one, Holly God, God Bless President Trump, did you watch his speech? Possibly his best speech to date...I'm still metabolizing it! He is all in at this point.

It may be ugly for a while, but it has to be done, can't put up with anarchy, they have to feel some pain to motivate them to stop.
I did. CNN was apoplectic when he announced his plan and then walked to St Johns.

As an aside, NYC invoked a curfew because of the damage done last night.
But its not until 11 pm tonight?? Should be sundown or even earlier.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:59 PM

I spent some time today loading rifle and pistol magazines. This is the first time in 30 years of gun ownership that I have felt the need to have extra magazines ready.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Don't even waste your breath on our liberal posters. They barely skim your post and can't wait to espouse some liberal crap regardless of what you wrote. Common sense and facts have no influence on their posts. "So and So" (generic PC accusation) is the perfect example. He masquerades as an independent, or even a Republican, but he is 100% a liberal. He doesn't have the stones to admit it. There are a few others on the 1911 Forum.

Last edited by bradsvette; 06-01-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Closed Thread