Has anyone here been personally affected by the "Floyd" riots - Page 9 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 12:47 PM

I think TRSOtto is looking back at older polls. It appears that right now, per Gallup Polls, Trump's at 49% overall approval.

Yes, that means he's disliked by the majority, but not by much.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
What exactly does that demonstrate? Is that how you rate your President, by shear entertainment value? Because in fact that is nothing more than a cheap carnival act.

As I said is that only proves how popular he is among his base which is less than 50% of those who actually vote and not with the remaining voters. In fact it appears he is extremely unpopular with the majority of the remaining voters. Claiming he is popular without the further clarification or understanding that it is not true when it comes to the majority of voters is either devoid of reality or just a flat out lie.
What you call a “cheap carnival act “, actually accomplished many things besides running a successful business, long before he entered politics.
Unlike your preferences who couldn’t run anything, haven’t accomplished anything and only take advantage of their position within the government to no ones advantage but their own and their own families. You make it sound like the only people who vote for trump, go to his rallies. Talk about flawed logic... By all means, enlighten me with any liberal comparison of yours. As usual, the Trump haters can only name call and criticize vs have any credible solution to a problem or situation.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
I think TRSOtto is looking back at older polls. It appears that right now, per Gallup Polls, Trump's at 49% overall approval.

Yes, that means he's disliked by the majority, but not by much.
Actually...as of this morning he's chugging along at 44% approval, 54% disapproval. And that's the Fox News poll conducted for last week.

He oughta come outta the gates this week just smokin after spending the weekend huddled in a bunker.

Last edited by TRSOtto; 06-01-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:04 PM

To their credit, they stood strong to protect their business.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...rsenal-n473024

Floyds brother is telling the rioters and vandals to stop destroying their neighborhoods.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:06 PM

Btw, there's a trend that I've seen for years on this forum. That I consider really gross & simple-minded.

It's where people do not consider an actual issue at all. They don't weigh the pros & cons. They don't even consider the possibility that they could actually be wrong.

All they do is decide if an idea, issue, proposition , poster, or candidate is "Lib" or "Conservative" in any measure.

Then they support or dismiss based ON THAT CRITERIA ONLY. With ZERO regard, whatsoever, of the merits.

It's like they don't want or need to vote at all. Because they are robot puppets steered by allegiance, not thought.

This is disturbing. Why not just skip voting altogether? Just add up the number of Dem/Rep registered voters and assign a winner based on that?

I bet many would like that --------------if their camp had more ------------- and as long as it was their guy, would be happy with a one-party system & a president for life.

This is scary stuff. Add to that the trend of infighting like Chairman Mao's followers, accusing others of not being as loyalist as they. Hitler fostered & encouraged that kind of back-stabbing as well.

I voted for Trump. But that doesn't make me willingly blind to his flaws & those of the Republican party.

Either something, overall, is good or bad. What camp it's aligned to is not relevant to it's merit.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM

Sounds like another one of your self-riotous "Clown-Threads" when you used those 2 words to describe posters who didn't agree with you about CV9. Calling the kettle-black again.

The only blind-allegiance I see is the "Religion" of Trump Hate that the same 2 or 3 people here want to turn every thread into every chance they get. Their sun rises and sets with Trump-Hate, and they have proven it yet again in this thread. Why on earth do they think everyone on the forum wants to hear their Hate, over and over again.

Imagine, blaming these riots on Trump? Are we suppose to take this seriously and put up with their falsehood's on an open Gun-Forum?

On the other hand, I can't remember one Trump supporter on this forum who said he was perfect or infallible. People like him because he gets results and he fights for the Conservative agenda.

Most Trump hater's hate him mostly because of subjective emotional feelings they foster likely based on some sort of personal issues the Haters personally carry.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Btw, there's a trend that I've seen for years on this forum. That I consider really gross & simple-minded.

It's where people do not consider an actual issue at all. They don't weigh the pros & cons. They don't even consider the possibility that they could actually be wrong.

All they do is decide if an idea, issue, proposition , poster, or candidate is "Lib" or "Conservative" in any measure.

Then they support or dismiss based ON THAT CRITERIA ONLY. With ZERO regard, whatsoever, of the merits.

It's like they don't want or need to vote at all. Because they are robot puppets steered by allegiance, not thought.

This is disturbing. Why not just skip voting altogether? Just add up the number of Dem/Rep registered voters and assign a winner based on that?

I bet many would like that --------------if their camp had more ------------- and as long as it was their guy, would be happy with a one-party system & a president for life.

This is scary stuff. Add to that the trend of infighting like Chairman Mao's followers, accusing others of not being as loyalist as they. Hitler fostered & encouraged that kind of back-stabbing as well.

I voted for Trump. But that doesn't make me willingly blind to his flaws & those of the Republican party.

Either something, overall, is good or bad. What camp it's aligned to is not relevant to it's merit.
Amen. The Truth isn't found in the Left or on the Right. The notion that if one isn't 100% aligned with the right makes them "a leftist" is pretty simple minded. Blind allegiance to Trump, Obama, Bush....whoever....just shows a lack of intellect.

I'm an equal opportunity critic. I don't care which party a politician belongs too. When any politician does stupid stuff....I'm calling them out.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Amen. The Truth isn't found in the Left or on the Right. The notion that if one isn't 100% aligned with the right makes them "a leftist" is pretty simple minded. Blind allegiance to Trump, Obama, Bush....whoever....just shows a lack of intellect.

I'm an equal opportunity critic. I don't care which party a politician belongs too. When any politician does stupid stuff....I'm calling them out.
As does a passion of blind hate against the man - total lack of intellect.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-01-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
As does a passion of blind hate against the man - total lack of intellect.
Oh I don't have blind hate for Trump. At this point....it's like watching a tragic comedy unfold. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Washington was on fire last night.....for the past 6 nights. Where is Trump?? Anybody seen him??? Does he plan on addressing the nation??? Does he have a plan??? Does he have a cogent thought in formation??? Time will tell. Maybe an Oval Office address tonight??

At this point, I'm almost genuinely sorry for him. He's so out of his element. So in over his head. Hate? Not all all. Every morning we wake up to a new Twitter meltdown. It's like watching Captain Binghamton on McHales Navy......or maybe Sgt Carter.... all buffoonery all the time.
Although neither of those guys had bone spurs.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:46 PM

Objectivity gets lost or is just ignored and is evidenced as far back as 60 posts ago and who started the nonsense.

I’ll repost the link, at least its on topic...

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...rsenal-n473024

Last edited by Plantar5; 06-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:49 PM

Don't mess with those Italians!!!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Oh I don't have blind hate for Trump. At this point....it's like watching a tragic comedy unfold. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Washington was on fire last night.....for the past 6 nights. Where is Trump?? Anybody seen him??? Does he plan on addressing the nation??? Does he have a plan??? Does he have a cogent thought in formation??? Time will tell. Maybe an Oval Office address tonight??

At this point, I'm almost genuinely sorry for him. He's so out of his element. So in over his head. Hate? Not all all. Every morning we wake up to a new Twitter meltdown. It's like watching Captain Binghamton on McHales Navy......or maybe Sgt Carter.... all buffoonery all the time.
You just proved my point, your hate has led to a post that lacks intellect. I wouldn't even be proud of my 5 year old grandchild if they made that post.

(Besides, you also have a multi-year track-record of wearing you feelings of Trump on your sleeve. It is not something you can hide at this point).

Or ok, perhaps I can say at best, if you were writing for the 6th grade School-News-Paper in Nancy P.'s district, well in that context you did a decent job with your post above. LOL.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Its hard to take your comments seriously at all. It was a few weeks ago that governors and mayors said that they would handle cv19 when Trump went to intervene. Trump met with many of the mayors and governors of the Riot affected cities to light a fire under them to get their cities under control. If anybody has been asleep at the switch and weak, its been the mayors and governors as evidenced by a curfew being called in NYC 6 days into the “protest”. Floyds brother is making more sense than most of the local so called leadership.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Don't mess with those Italians!!!
There now,,,,did that hurt??...
Old 06-01-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Its hard to take your comments seriously at all. It was a few weeks ago that governors and mayors said that they would handle cv19 when Trump went to intervene. Trump met with many of the mayors and governors of the Riot affected cities to light a fire under them to get their cities under control. If anybody has been asleep at the switch and weak, its been the mayors and governors as evidenced by a curfew being called in NYC 6 days into the “protest”. Floyds brother is making more sense than most of the local so called leadership.
No worries. I don't take anything that you or Combat Auto have to say in a serious vein as well. Everyone has their own perspective. How you feel is how you feel. I'm okay with that. I know exactly why Combat Auto says what he says. So no big deal.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:49 PM

Can you belive these 2 'Hole's

Yep, just stupid kids doing stupid things they should be treated with a soft touch - LOL

---
From Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley
·
9h
We have learned that two of those arrested for throwing Molotov cocktails at police vehicles are attorneys. Colinford Mattis, 32, is a Pryor Cashman associate and graduate of NYU and Princeton. Urooj Rahman is a human rights lawyer and graduate of Fordham
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-01-2020, 03:51 PM

more

Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley

The defense case against the two attorneys accused of throwing the Molotov cocktail just got even worse with an allegation that they were trying to distribute the bottles to others. https://jonathanturley.org/2020/06/0...ail-at-police/
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-01-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Yep, just stupid kids doing stupid things they should be treated with a soft touch - LOL

---
From Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley
·
9h
We have learned that two of those arrested for throwing Molotov cocktails at police vehicles are attorneys. Colinford Mattis, 32, is a Pryor Cashman associate and graduate of NYU and Princeton. Urooj Rahman is a human rights lawyer and graduate of Fordham
Hey CA. I stand corrected. The cops shoulda shot em.

That woulda been 2 fewer lawyers in the world.....😁
Old 06-01-2020, 04:03 PM

Still haven't heard anyone offer a realistc, viable plan to control and contain the ongoing terrorism.....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 06-01-2020, 04:08 PM

Deleted.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Jonathan Turley

@JonathanTurley

The defense case against the two attorneys accused of throwing the Molotov cocktail just got even worse with an allegation that they were trying to distribute the bottles to others. https://jonathanturley.org/2020/06/0...ail-at-police/
I guess their defense might be cv19 delirium.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Still haven't heard anyone offer a realistc, viable plan to control and contain the ongoing terrorism.....
Someone mentioned a Soft Touch... maybe we should give that a try?
Old 06-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Start the discussion off with some of your initial ideas...Get this thread off the Trump-hate angle and back to its purpose.

We need overwhelming force, but most of the Lefty mayors and their governors are resisting additional force from the feds. The Lefty will almost always pander to the Mob. Real shame this is going on in this country. Innocent people are taking all the pain, and cops too, but the Mob very little.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-01-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 PM

It is amazing that the Lefty Mayors will lock some one up for not wearing a mask, but do nothing if you firebomb property and cops and beat the crap out of innocent people...Got to love the lefty-ideology!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-01-2020, 04:50 PM

I actually have a tactical nighttime anti-riot device idea:

It's a powerful strobe light, mounted on the front of a rifle-like shoulder stock. One can dazzle the rioters with this setup, with super annoying, very bright flashing. Tactical flashlight style.

But here's the real trick to it: The cop wielding this thing does so while looking through a clear 10'v10" screen mounted where the receiver would be.

This screen Auto Dims just like an electronic welding mask. So all the cop sees is the rioters interspaced with microsecond, momentary darkness. The lights & the screen "fire" in perfect cadence with each other.

So the cop's view would be similar to the look of very early motion camera films. A bit herky-jerky maybe, but not too bad.

Meanwhile the idiot bottle-throwers couldn't see much of anything with 25 cops aiming these at them. Unless they all owned welder's masks.

That's my idea.
Closed Thread