Has anyone here been personally affected by the "Floyd" riots - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 08:52 PM

I ask because my son was working last night and could not get out of Dallas. Rioters in Deep Ellum had streets blocked off and select groups were destroying everything in sight.

My first thought was of Reginald Denny in LA back in '92, and my heart sank realizing my son is currently (legally) unable to properly arm himself. I wanted so badly to leave work, go home, grab my .300 Blk SBR and a couple of pistols and see if I couldnt get him out of there...but unfortunately I was on the opposite side of DFW.

Anyone else get stuck in the muck, or had their property damaged?
Old 05-30-2020, 10:21 PM

Nothing down this way so far. Antifa is apparently at it again.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:56 PM

It's going down, big time, in La Mesa where I live. I can see the police lights, & helicopters, plus hear the bangs of rubber bullets from my deck. The rioting is about two miles as the crow flies from my place.

It's crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2020, 05:11 AM

The media coverage appears to depict domestic terrorism, not peaceful demonstrations. I spent some time reviewing the Texas deadly force laws. If you operate/travel/live/work armed, it might be time to review the local state laws. Large rioting out of control mobs tossing Molotov cocktails, overrunning police lines and committing arson clearly resents imminent danger to life clearly meets the Texas threshold. If the authorities do not get these terrorist under control, it’s just a matter of time before they burn a large occupied structure and kill a bunch of folks. Arson can never be accepted and must be stopped by any available means.

Last edited by STORM2; 05-31-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:51 AM

I usually just keep two handguns loaded at home for SD, but since I'm deep in the jungle I decided to load several 5.56 magazines to have at the ready.

If I go anywhere after dark, my SBR is coming with me. But, chances are, Im staying inside after dark!! Hope this wont affect pizza delivery!!
Old 05-31-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
It's going down, big time, in La Mesa where I live. .
Wow, I used to live close by to you. I had a house in Rancho San Diego. I'm sure the noise you're hearing is coming out of Lemon Grove, huh?

Does the Alpine Bread Basket still exist?
I used to love riding my Harley up there to eat.

Last edited by Flight Medic; 05-31-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:07 AM

We have the confluence of several strong forces:

1) Years of Lefty Mayors pandering to criminal's and the mob which has emboldening them. Ordering their PD's to stand down (remember Baltimore, etc.), giving the criminal an excuse to disrespect law and order (NYC, etc, with the dousing of officers with water and impunity), etc.
2) The few really stupid cops who keep doing stupid things, like putting their knee on a suspects neck for many min's and killing him. And the other stupid cops just watching...Granted, this is not an excuse for the animals in the street, but it is sad that a few stupid cops have such an impact on the public narrative and perception of the 98% honorable cops.
3) It has been reported that 80% of those arrested are from other states, likely Antifa, and other Lefty organizations. These people are animals plain and simple and their protest has nothing to do with #2 above.
4) The CV-P Pandemic lock-down collateral damage. Get these people back to work! (Granted a lot of the SB's in the street don't want to work).
5) Police protections ineffective or non-existing all together in certain areas. Don't expect any government agency to protect you and your family in the "moment", it is your responsibility.

One Dallas store owner stood his ground with a machete and got the living-crap beat out of him. I respect him for standing his ground, but he had no chance with that choice of weapon.

(During the LA Riots in 1992, the Korean-American store owners protected their stores with their AR's standing on their roofs, etc. It was quite effective as I recall.)
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-31-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:19 AM

Where are the black so called leaders to help stop the nonsense? Wheres Obama and his silk tongue (Nobel peace prize recipient...my azz.) ?? It’s unfortunate how the same button gets pushed with the same results. Wheres Deblasio? Is his son Safer out in the streets amongst the lunacy. Im guessing, Any sensible law abiding black person isn’t participating in the destruction of property and steering clear. Whether its antifa or liberal militant whites helping fuel the fire. Here in NJ similar to NY, the NJSP aren’t going to tolerate much beyond a peaceful protest. Anything else will be stomped out pretty quick. The accused cop will be tired and likely be convicted but that doesn’t happen over night.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:28 AM

Years ago didn’t they use water cannons to clear the streets...every city and state where you have scumacrats governors and mayors, those places are a war zone.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:54 AM

I'm 4 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. ALWAYS sleep with the 1911 next to me. Put my HD AR on the other side of the chair last night, just in case.

You always hear better stuff on the police scanner than the local news , so I heard of carloads (plural) of thuggaz leaving the festivities, that cops were giving chase to, when they got orders to stand down.

In case they accidentally ended up at the WRONG place, I was gonna make sure, they ended up at the RIGHT place.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Wow, I used to live close by to you. I had a house in Rancho San Diego. I'm sure the noise you're hearing is coming out of Lemon Grove, huh?

Does the Alpine Bread Basket still exist?
I used to love riding my Harley up there to eat.
I used to live in Mira Mesa, just north of Miramar Naval Air Station, now Marine Air Station. Even in 1982, Mira Mesa was a bit sketchy. I can only imagine what it's like now.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:30 AM

Several shopping centers, stores and eateries closed because of reported creditable threats in Dallas. There are women fearful to go about daily activities here. Attacks on these places are clearly terrorism and that makes it an act of war against the people. It appears the mobs are overrunning authority because the leaders are afraid they will be seen and reported as politically incorrect. Wake up folks, war is not pretty but defeat is much uglier.

Declare Martial Law. Authorities should switch to non civilian accessible comms, then shut down cell service in the riot area. Bring in trucks with fire foam, it’s very tough to run on foam. Shoot the torch bearers. Arrest the violent offenders, charge them with Domestic Terrorism and ship them off to GITMO. If that doesn’t work, sit up forward air controller. Announce the ultimatum, retreat the police and bring in an Apache air strike. This BS will be over before sunset. These jackasses want a war, let’s get on with it.

Last edited by STORM2; 05-31-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:44 AM

What boggle the mind is that Im not sure what these riots are about..... the moron cop that triggered this has been fired, arrested, and charged.... no one is "sweeping it under the rug".....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
What boggle the mind is that Im not sure what these riots are about..... the moron cop that triggered this has been fired, arrested, and charged.... no one is "sweeping it under the rug".....
Well for one thing the cops that stood by and watched as it took place should be arrested as well. But if you thought something as stupid as this wouldn't trigger some sort of reaction I don't know what to tell you. Not only are people not supposed to stand by and watch a crime being committed cops are primarily responsible for protecting and serving the public. None of those cops standing by while this happened performed those basic responsibilities in fact one can say they violated the very trust we place in our police to protect and serve.

Could it be the color of your skin that keeps you from understanding why? Before anybody gets too excited that remark doesn't mean anybody is racist but it may just mean you aren't able to put on some one else's shoes and see where they might be coming from.

Last edited by Dddrees; 05-31-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:09 AM

Deblasios words of wisdom, “use a light touch”..???

The man should be removed.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Well for one thing the cops that stood by and watched as it took place should be arrested as well. But if you thought something as stupid as this wouldn't trigger some sort of reaction I don't know what to tell you. Not only are people not supposed to stand by and watch a crime being committed cops are primarily responsible for protecting and serving the public. None of those cops standing by while this happened performed those responsibilities.

Could it be the color of your skin that keeps you from understanding why? Before anybody gets too excited that remark doesn't mean anybody is racist but it may just mean you aren't able to put on some one else's shoes and see where they might be coming from.
Oh, I can see where they're coming from- and domestic terrorism is domestic terrorism.
Nothing justfies such public violence. LEOs standing by watching felonies, and doing nothing as their cities burn- so much for a "duty" to protect.....

This isn't about "social justice", its an excuse to loot and burn. Sadly, rioting isn't a "shoot on sight" crime....

My question is because there are scores of such examples of police misconduct to choose from to "protest" about- most of which involve protecting the officer(s) involved. In this case, pret much everything these animals want has already occurred- the officer involved is fired, in a cell, and charged..... not sure exactly what you could charge the others with. There's no crime of "dereliction of duty" in the civilian world. There should be, but thats another subject.
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 05-31-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Well for one thing the cops that stood by and watched as it took place should be arrested as well. But if you thought something as stupid as this wouldn't trigger some sort of reaction I don't know what to tell you. Could it be the color of your skin that keeps you from understanding why? Before anybody gets too excited that remark doesn't mean anybody is racist but it may just mean you aren't able to put on some one else's shoes and see where they might be coming from.
I’m sure the others will face charges.

Theres no justification for some civilian who tries to defend their business ends up in ICU.
Theres no justification for the (Black) firefighter who had his bar burned down in Minneapolis.
Theres no justification for 37 NYPD vehicles to be damaged and destroyed.
Theres no justification in looters destroying an eyeglass business in LA.

Don’t keep drinking the Kool aid.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:32 AM

I'd be the first to call out stupid and sometimes evil cops as I have above, but anyone can see these animals looting and beating the crap out of people has nothing to do with the police abuse (at this point). The protests at the beginning may have been "noble" but they got infiltrated by professional lefty terrorist groups as well as just run in the mill thugs looking for an excuse to steel, destroy, and do harm...The cops who stood by will be charged also, as they should. Not sure if the charges will stick on the "watcher's" or not given the SC has ruled in the past that Cops have "no duty to protect" the public. The main offending cop is done and will be going away to prison for a loooooooooong time, as he should.

Tragedy that this cop killed this man (regardless of the man's color).
Tragedy that a few cops taint the honor of all the good ones.
Tragedy that these thugs in the street get away with what they do in these lefty percents.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 05-31-2020, 09:37 AM

Previous presidents from both parties have served during the GWOT (Global War On Terrorism), it is an official war.

The peaceful demonstration folks need to put some distance between themselves and the bad guys before it gets really ugly.
Attached Thumbnails
0D4C9D44-5BD1-490F-835D-088FC68A9319.jpeg  

Last edited by STORM2; 05-31-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
These riots are about removing Trump from office. The Left's last-ditch attempt at getting the race war going, and blaming Trump for it. (No, it doesn't have to make sense. The target audience is the large proportion of Americans who cannot think logically. AKA fools.) Democrat politicians and mainstream media in collusion.

With businesses re-opening and the economy about to turn around, the Leftists know that the Wuhan virus pandemic (Dem panic) scare tactic isn't going to get it done for them. On to the next manufactured crisis.

When the race war rioting fizzles out, the next tactic will be employed. My personal guess is an actual widely-dangerous bioweapon, to reinforce the behavior we all see from the Dem panic and re-shut businesses. Again, Trump to blame for every death and the economy re-imploding.....
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

Last edited by TominMO; 05-31-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:42 AM

Wow. We woke up this morning to total carnage in my little suburb of La Mesa. Two banks burned down. Stores looted. Cars & dumpsters burned. Graffiti everywhere.

It looks like a battlefield. My daughter was going to color her hair today but the beauty supply place was looted. Walmart has looting too.

I can see / smell the smoke of burning buildings from my house.

F these "protestors" !! They CLEARLY do not give a damn about social justice because they are unjustly victimizing society themselves!

These small businesses that were barely hanging on by a thread through the pandemic are now done for sure.

It's a sad day for our town.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:48 AM

TominMO----------- No this isn't about Trump or The Left. Not here. My kid knows a lot of the rioters from last night. Many were classmates from her school! We could see them on the news & they were posting on social media sites about it during the riots.

They are just a-hole idiot kids who were already known as scumbags. Acting out to have a grand time. There was no political anything to these moron's actions.

Just damn fools doing stupid stuff because they could. These punks don't know politics from podiatry.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Wow. We woke up this morning to total carnage in my little suburb of La Mesa. Two banks burned down. Stores looted. Cars & dumpsters burned. Graffiti everywhere.

It looks like a battlefield. My daughter was going to color her hair today but the beauty supply place was looted. Walmart has looting too.

I can see / smell the smoke of burning buildings from my house.

F these "protestors" !! They CLEARLY do not give a damn about social justice because they are unjustly victimizing society themselves!

These small businesses that were barely hanging on by a thread through the pandemic are now done for sure.

As I have said elsewhere, some of these "protesters" are about one step away from being poop-flingers. Since IQ is plotted on a bell curve, for every 140 IQ person there is a 60 IQ person. The ones who do not work for the Federal govt are on the streets.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:58 AM

No doubt. Here's the scene: Three high school boys vaping while playing Assassin's Creed.

One gets a text from another kid from school. He says "Hey! Jason says there's rioting about What's-His-Name, that dude the cops killed--------- Let's go!"

So they excitedly mask-up & go. Picking up bottles & sticks along the way.

No long-term political goals involved. For these idiots "long-term" means between now & Tuesday.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Make sure you ask some of your fellow town residents, Why would they do such things? I’m sure they’d studder and stammer and say, it wasn’t them.

The anarchists trying to destroy this country are pretty organized and its overdue to shed some light on them.
Closed Thread