Need assistsnce with competition rig - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2020, 02:40 AM
Flight Medic's Avatar
Flight Medic Flight Medic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,713
Im looking for a competition style holster and belt for my new CZ TSO. I would prefer a product that doesnt have a 30-day build time (like Red Hill Tactical), but perhaps all the competition holsters require build time?? I couldnt even order one from them if I wanted to because I was completely confused...mostly with all the available options.

For instance, the RHT website has 13 different options for attachment (QLS pattern, WarLok loops, etc, etc)...and I have no idea what ANY of them are. Also, they ask about "retention screws" and "Nitro Fins"...again, no clue. Also, will I need to buy the belt BEFORE ordering the holster? I saw RHT offers "packages", is that the best way to go if I dont already have a belt?


Unfortunately my holster experience thus far has been limited to EDC. Is there anywhere I can go to see what the Hell they are talking about?? I'm not sure if Im ever going to actually shoot in a competition, but I want to have a range holster anyway, and I'm a buy-once-cry-once kinda guy.


Any advice greatly appreciated.
__________________
SAVE OUR COUNTRY - VOTE TRUMP 2020
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2020, 06:38 AM
M-Peltier M-Peltier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,543
I just ordered a Ghost thunder rig set. It is a holster, belt and three mag pouches for $169.99.
Showed in Stock for the CZ TSO when I ordered a couple days ago. Now shows available to back order. I hope mine is shipping soon. Lol
https://www.ghostholsterdirect.com/s...inger-rig-set/
__________________
Ex-Military, 20+ years 3-Gun competitor, Colt certified Armorer, NRA Instructor, NSRT Officer-Retired, LGS Guru.

Last edited by M-Peltier; 05-12-2020 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Tom Freeman's Avatar
Tom Freeman Tom Freeman is offline
More Cowbell...
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,519
A regular old Blade-Tech holster with dropped offset attachment and 4 basic mag pouches would be fine.

90% of the people out there would still shoot the same scores with something just like this.
__________________
I am a rather brilliant surgeon, perhaps I can help you with that humpů
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-12-2020, 10:43 AM
waktasz waktasz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Im looking for a competition style holster and belt for my new CZ TSO. I would prefer a product that doesnt have a 30-day build time (like Red Hill Tactical), but perhaps all the competition holsters require build time?? I couldnt even order one from them if I wanted to because I was completely confused...mostly with all the available options.

For instance, the RHT website has 13 different options for attachment (QLS pattern, WarLok loops, etc, etc)...and I have no idea what ANY of them are. Also, they ask about "retention screws" and "Nitro Fins"...again, no clue. Also, will I need to buy the belt BEFORE ordering the holster? I saw RHT offers "packages", is that the best way to go if I dont already have a belt?


Unfortunately my holster experience thus far has been limited to EDC. Is there anywhere I can go to see what the Hell they are talking about?? I'm not sure if Im ever going to actually shoot in a competition, but I want to have a range holster anyway, and I'm a buy-once-cry-once kinda guy.


Any advice greatly appreciated.
I'm sponsored by RHT and can try to help with your questions.
The mount options ALS, ELS, etc, are Safariland parts. If you're not using a Safariland rig, don't worry about those.

If you want a drop/offset hanger that lets you change the height and cant of the holster, that's what the Red/black/blue "Drop" +$60 listed is https://www.redhilltactical.com/RHTS...nger_p_38.html

If you want a simple belt attachment, get the "DOTS" +$10. It's like a TekLok if you're familiar with that.

A Nitrofin is a type of thumb rest, if you don't have one then don't pick that one.

The retention screws are just that. The holsters can be adjusted to hold onto the gun quite tightly, or to be so loose they are basically just a bucket to drop the gun into. The retention screws give you an option how to adjust them. I like the brass knobs, because they are the biggest and easiest to adjust (I adjust them between stages and when I'm RO-ing so the gun won't pop out). The phillips screws are going to require a tool to adjust so not as convenient, buf if you are shooting IDPA they are required because of hose their rules work.

You can use the code supertactical for a discount.

Any other questions just ask.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2020, 10:44 AM
waktasz waktasz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,631
Pictured is a blue drop attachment and the brass knobs option, on a custom printed two layer holster

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Zerodefect Zerodefect is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Yakutsk, Sakha Republic
Posts: 1,211
Get a DAA rig, Red Hill, or Ghost. Best out there. New DAA mag pouches coming out soon. Plenty of vids on DAA's site to show you how race rigs work.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/holsters-and-rigs

And get to some USPSA Limited. They set the targets up for you, and you ain't going to find nicer shooting anywhere. You're going to get bored of a single paper target, or a few steel targets on a static range quickly, with a Tso.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-12-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-13-2020, 07:55 AM
Flight Medic's Avatar
Flight Medic Flight Medic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Get a DAA rig, Red Hill, or Ghost. Best out there. New DAA mag pouches coming out soon. Plenty of vids on DAA's site to show you how race rigs work.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/holsters-and-rigs
Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
And get to some USPSA Limited. They set the targets up for you, and you ain't going to find nicer shooting anywhere. You're going to get bored of a single paper target, or a few steel targets on a static range quickly, with a Tso.
Yeah, probably. But unfortunately I work weekends...and I have yet to find ANY local USPSA matches held during the week. However, I'm hopeful that I will be able to go to every OTHER weekend sometime in the not-too-distant future. Although its a bit of a moot point right now anyway with all the Covid restrictions in place.
__________________
SAVE OUR COUNTRY - VOTE TRUMP 2020

Last edited by Flight Medic; 05-13-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved