Who is watching.... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 12:27 PM

Who is watching....

What companies are doing during this pandemic.... what politicians are doing...... what your neighbors are doing..........

As am sure many others have, I lived thru a natural disaster and saw who stepped up regardless of the bottom line and worked to mitigate the disaster and those who didnít, or took advantage of it for individual gain.

Iím watching these companies who are retooling to produce what is needed. Iím also watching those who view this as an opportunity to increase their bottom line at the expense of the public good.

Iím also watching to see if politicians will realize depending on overseas sources has national security impacts.

Those who step up will garner my patronage and support when this is over. Those who donít, my scorn
Old 03-28-2020, 09:49 PM

We will remember
Old 03-29-2020, 12:55 AM

Here in the AZ oven (Phoenix basin) there is one grocery store chain that calls itself a
"local" store. Must think that their raising egg prices by 100% and produce prices by
50% and alcohol prices by 33% would go unnoticed.

One other thing that I don't understand is the number of people stealing mail.
Now if the proposed (I'll say that until [if?] I receive one) checks were being received,
I could possibly understand. But WHY would you steal advertising fliers?

Saw one guy try to setal mine today (I had retrieved mine a few minutes before). I
opened the blinds so he could see I was watching and they started to slowly move. I
then opened my front door with a .45 in hand and they suddenly decided their presence
was needed elsewhere. - - - Yes, it's been turned in (vehicle description and all).

On the positive side: Two days ago my neighbor came by and asked if I needed any
groceries (I'm 76, and staying inside). I told him a dozen eggs and a large container of
orange juice would be VERY nice. Yesterday he came by and delivered eggs and OJ,
and would not let me pay for them. . . I about fell over.

Sometimes you can have REALLY nice neighbors!
. . . . it doesn't matter what the answer is.
~ Obscurity is the refuge of incompetence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunney View Post
We will remember
No we won't.

I lived in Florida for 12 years and every hurricane threat people panic like it was something new. It is called hurricane season for a reason people. Stock up and prepare. Buy plywood and make your shutters in march way before it starts.

As for companies. We all flamed cheaper than dirt for jacking prices during sandy hook. Many vowed not to buy from them anymore. That worked well because they are still in business and jacking prices during this panic.

Once this is over life will go back to normal and 99% will have learned nothing.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
No we won't.

I lived in Florida for 12 years and every hurricane threat people panic like it was something new. It is called hurricane season for a reason people. Stock up and prepare. Buy plywood and make your shutters in march way before it starts.

As for companies. We all flamed cheaper than dirt for jacking prices during sandy hook. Many vowed not to buy from them anymore. That worked well because they are still in business and jacking prices during this panic.

Once this is over life will go back to normal and 99% will have learned nothing.
Exactly. CTD is still in business despite the pitchforks and torches that came out back then. Americans are hooked on cheap stuff made in China, all at the expense of good paying jobs here at home.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:31 PM

Commerce and price gouging aside.

I just hope that people remember how all of these aspiring politicians choose to conduct themselves. That is likely a wash also, but you can hope.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
I just hope that people remember how all of these aspiring politicians choose to conduct themselves. That is likely a wash also, but you can hope.
Agreed .... as well as the deceitful main stream media.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
I'm not hoping I'm voting.